Slight rearrangement of forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slight rearrangement of forums

I did a little bit of rejiggering today in what seems like a more logical layout. All of the various non-Highlander forums (with more added) can be found under General Discussion below. This is the way a lot of other vBulletins are organized and it seems to be efficient like that from a template standpoint.

Let me know what you think, or if you have any ideas of your own.
    Highlander: Dark Places

Looks fine.

I'd like to be able to mark channels read per subforum. Now I have to go into the subforum to use that feature.
    Also I'd like to see the video games thread expanded into Highlander Games or The Game or something similar, where things like fight of the day, the video games that never were and TCG have their own spot.
    Regular forumgames etc. can stay in the arena of the general discussion imo.
    May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

Comment

The layout of General Discussion is ideal...so much so that it offers a template for how the rest of the board really should look. I mean, I doubt that our discussions of any particular film in the series will be extensive enough to warrant their own individual forums. Remember how we used to make a conscious effort to justify the existence of a Highlander III forum? Alternatively, the Series forum could use a subforum for each season in addition to the comprehensive discussions. The Methos Chronicles, on the other hand, would suffice as a single THREAD, not a forum or a subforum. (It would fit in snugly as part of a single forum that covered the officially licensed tie-in materials: books, comics, CD-ROMs, music, video games, etc.)

Just a thought. The old forum was set up to meet the needs of a franchise during its peak, after all. We're not there anymore, and we probably won't be there again.

"Really? We are trapped in a room with a machine that can cut off my head. Now that's a longshot."
      --Connor MacLeod in Peter Bellwood's original Highlander II script

Comment

Difficult to click on sub forums on mobile and can't see what's new or read.

Comment

How about an Old Board forum for the bits and pieces some of us have stashed away?
          Last edited by Coolwater; 05-29-2017, 09:55 AM.
          “A sinner can always repent, but stupid is forever.”
          Billy Sunday

Comment

I like Toot's suggestion that some of the Forums (fora?) be collapsed, although I'm fuddled by the fact that his 6:48 post comes in ahead of my 6:18 post. Is that a time zone thing? Didn't the old board ask for users to pick a time zone and then adjusted all the posts accordingly?
            Billy Sunday

Comment

Oh, ne' mind: I found it. I have to admit, I'm kind of tempted to continue on Casablanca time. Oh, and Andrew, I'd be surprised if Kat doesn't have some of the special emojis, but APUK still has the original (and better, IMO) vBull emojis. If I copy the HTML codes, would they work here?

Man, I can't get over how natural it feels to be posting here again.
              Billy Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by Coolwater View Post
                Oh, ne' mind: I found it. I have to admit, I'm kind of tempted to continue on Casablanca time. Oh, and Andrew, I'd be surprised if Kat doesn't have some of the special emojis, but APUK still has the original (and better, IMO) vBull emojis. If I copy the HTML codes, would they work here?

Man, I can't get over how natural it feels to be posting here again.
                If you have the emojis, I can implement them immediately into the board right away.

Comment

• Kat
                  Kat commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Are you still looking for some of the old emoji's? I don't think I have any of the Kurgan sword wielding ones, unless they're on a drive I still need to slave into this computer, but I did try sending you links on Facebook to a few of the others. They were mixed in with others I'd taken a fancy to over time. But when I looked back I think the thread had disappeared or was deleted.

I'll see what I can do. Where did you say we should send our old start dates?
                Billy Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by Coolwater View Post
                  I'll see what I can do. Where did you say we should send our old start dates?
                  Send the date to Andrew.

Comment

Games and Humor seems hidden. Is it possible to put it back as a main topic?

Comment

Originally posted by Draknoir2 View Post
                      Difficult to click on sub forums on mobile and can't see what's new or read.
                      This.

Also, I find a bit odd to have books and video games put together...

Comment

I'm still requesting a Highlander Games forum/subforum for the (long-living and highly regarded) TCG, video game(s), online RPGs and other such joy.

Comment

Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
                          Originally posted by Jim Kirk View Post

This.
                          OK, I will.

Also, I find a bit odd to have books and video games put together...
                          They're not. It's Books & Music. Video Games went bye-bye on the count of there... not really being any.

*edit: Oh, you mean in the general subforums.

Originally posted by n107 View Post
                          I'm still requesting a Highlander Games forum/subforum for the (long-living and highly regarded) TCG, video game(s), online RPGs and other such joy.
                          I've talked to Norman about that and he doesn't really think there'd be a big demand. But I'm not saying no. What form do you think that should take within what is now?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post

OK, I

I've talked to Norman about that and he doesn't really think there'd be a big demand. But I'm not saying no. What form do you think that should take within what is now?
                            It could be tacked on to Music and Books. Even comics could be merged to make a single robust forum rather than a couple sparse ones. I just ask for a place where these games belong because they actually do exist and deserve recognition here.

Also I'm surprised Norman doesn't think it's worth it especially for the TCG. The amount of attention paid to it on BoK would suggest he thinks otherwise. Odd to spend so much time on a topic he himself thinks is of little interest to people.
                            Last edited by n107; 05-30-2017, 10:28 PM.

Comment

• dubiousbystander
                              dubiousbystander commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Perhaps he just doesn't have the time...?

Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
                            Originally posted by n107 View Post
                            I second this. Also the fight of the day, the theoretical arena fights (like the last biodome edition on the old board) should be put in that forum.
                            Much more fun if you don't have to waddle through kitten topics and other generic forumgames.
                            May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

Comment

Working...
                            X