Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite version of "Bonny Portmore" in Highlander?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite version of "Bonny Portmore" in Highlander?

Which one do you dig the most?

1. Loreena McKennitt, from "Highlander: The Final Dimension":

2. Laura Creamer, original version from the Highlander TV series:

3. Laura Creamer, "Not to Be" version from the Highlander TV series:

4. Jennifer McNeal, from "Highlander: Endgame" (ignore the incorrect credits in the video):

5. WHYZDOM, from "Highlander: Dark Places":

Myself, I am biased.
    1. Loreena McKennitt from H3
    60.00%
    2. Laura Creamer's first version from the TV show
    10.00%
    3. Laura Creamer's "Not to Be" version from the TV show
    10.00%
    4. Jennifer McNeal from H4
    10.00%
    5. WHYZDOM's from "Dark Places"
    10.00%
    Highlander: Dark Places

I said the TV show's original version, but a lady in my own city has recorded it- Paddy Tuddy. Her acappella version is nicely done, IMHO.

Comment

I like all of them, for a long time the "Highlander 3" version was my favorite, The version from "Not to Be" became the one I listen too the most, However I'm also quite please with the one from "Highlanderark Places"

Comment

I actually have a live version recorded in Paris that I am pretty partial to.
        "It's Rock & Roll. If you aren't breaking some sort of law, then you are doing it wrong." - me, answering a bandmate's question of what would happen if someone called the law on us for playing too loud at an outdoor show.

Comment

Slightly off topic - I like Loreena's "All Souls Night" even more than "Bonny Portmore"

Comment

There really, really, really, really, really should've been only one version of this song. Besides for "Homeland," I think its been overused way too much. On the plus side, its the best legacy of HL3 for the franchise, so that's something.

Comment

It's kinda a "Do you want a Loreena McKennitt imitator or the real thing?" question for me. Jennifer McNeil does the best off-brand impersonation. Laura Creamer simply doesn't have the voice for it. Her recordings sound small and absent of the haunting quality that makes the song so memorable. The WHYZDOM version...um...well, it's at least brave enough to try something a little different, even if I don't care for it.

"Really? We are trapped in a room with a machine that can cut off my head. Now that's a longshot."
              --Connor MacLeod in Peter Bellwood's original Highlander II script

Comment

Endgame version and Laura Creamer version

Comment

Loreena McKennitt forever ... I don't relly like the other versions ...
                  La Peur Tue l'Esprit ...

Comment

Working...
                  X