Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return of the Immortal

There is another highlander book about written by Martin Eisele:

Click image for larger version  Name:	9783802522604-us-300.jpg Views:	1 Size:	73.1 KB ID:	3489

Highlander: Return of the immortal.

It was released in Germany and has a Dutch translation. It seems though that not too many fans know about it so I figured it deserves its own topic.

It deals with Duncans' state of mind SPOILERafter beheading a female opponent and him wanting to get out of the Game. Taking place around the time of the earlier episodes like 'Deadly medicine' and going as far as him throwing his sword away, it's an interesting read.
    Last edited by Nicholas Ward; 07-28-2017, 07:29 AM.
    May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

Ooh I want an English edition!

Comment

Interesting...how "in-continuity" is this book? Is it like the recent German Star Trek: Prometheus trilogy, which is part of the main official, CBS/Paramount-approved 24th Century novel series, but is only just now getting an English translation?

Comment

It fits in the story of the season 1. Events from Deadly Medicine and The Gathering are happening/mentioned, although there probably are some inconsistencies. How it compares to Star Trek I wouldn't know because I'm not a trekkie.

Comment

Any chance this is available in ebook format? Ah... I guess not.
          Last edited by dubiousbystander; 07-27-2017, 08:30 AM. Reason: answered my own question

Comment

Any info on the characters? Maybe the female Immortal?

Comment

Originally posted by von Møllet View Post
              Any info on the characters? Maybe the female Immortal?
              The female immortal is named Pilar Vasquez, she's described as a hunter with ferocious tiger-like attacks.

SPOILERShe's physically around 16 years old and Duncan beheads her in a parking lot, which has a profound effect on his state of mind.

It's an interesting read.

Comment

I can't wait to struggle with it!

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for sharing this info!

I'd like a lot to read this edition of Highlander book. Have anyone had a chance to find it translated into English?

Thanks!

Comment

Not yet. Drat it all.

Comment

I once started a translation. I stopped after a few pages because it's a lot of work.. I'm lazy :

Comment

Yeah. I know. Translating is a bit of a nightmare, especially if you want to do it well.

Comment

Got it!
                          Thanks for the answer.

Comment

He didn't either. It's a description of his mind running wild.

Comment

• dubiousbystander
                              dubiousbystander commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Got it! I'll probably see that as I continue.

Now working on Chapter 6.

Comment

How do you like the story so far?

Comment

Hard to say. The translation part so far is behind. I've finished but not fine-tuned Chapters 1 and 2. This book was published in 1994, I think. Is there anything from Season 2?

Comment

Almost done creating the ebook! I contacted the person in the books department of the publisher. Apparently they no longer own the book. I wonder who does? It IS only Season 1 as far as I can tell. Also only pre-Darius.

Comment

Maybe the original writer?

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholas Ward View Post
                                      Could be, could be... Who shall I pester to ask...

Comment

Well, here's the Amazon Germany page about him!
                                        Online-Einkauf mit großartigem Angebot im Bücher Shop.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholas Ward View Post
                                          So apparently Martin Eisele wrote the first three chapters AND did the entire outline of the book. After that, it was Hans Sommer who wrote the other chapters, who has since passed away.
                                          Last edited by dubiousbystander; 08-12-2018, 04:17 AM.

Comment

Uncovering Highlander related titbits long the way huh?

Did you get a reply from Eisele? Or someone affiliated?

Comment

No. A German-speaking friend made contact. He said they were convinced this was a prank by a rival.

Comment

Lol, they didn't believe someone was translating an obscure book from the early nineties?

Maybe share the url of this thread with them then :P

Comment

• dubiousbystander
                                                  dubiousbystander commented
                                                  Editing a comment
                                                  Not sure he mentioned translating. At that point we were trying to find out who has the rights to the book now.
                                              Working...
                                              X