Watcher Chronicles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watcher Chronicles?

I started the First chain story back on the old board. Anyone have them saved or are interested in starting them again?

I don't know if they're saved anywhere, but they should come back!
    Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

Originally posted by von Møllet View Post
      I started the First chain story back on the old board. Anyone have them saved or are interested in starting them again?
      I have plenty of creative Watcher Chronicles to post here, stay tuned :-)

Comment

In Highlander Finale, Christine Salzer breks into Shakespeare's bookstore and steals a valuable CD ROM with informations on Watchers and Immortals. Who were Joe Dawson's two previous asssignments ? Only known by name they were Liza Grant and Roy FFerrer so here is ...

Liza Grant

Known aliases : Olivia Lefauve, Latisha Favell, Oleta Marks
        Weapon : Basket-hilt rapier
        Recorded kills : None, occasional player of the Game taught by Henri Valjean to pick on the best

Status
        Most recent base of operations : New-York, NY
        lesbian community of New-York
        Prior occupations : Singer, Le Grand Duc Jazz
        Club; performance artist
        Roster of Immortals Status : Active
        Date :
        Place :
        Victor :
        Watcher : Carol-Ann Fredericks

Background
        Original cultural affiliation : French, of African-
        American descent
        Born : 1913; Paris, France
        First death : 1943, Shot by Germany officer for
        hiding a family of Jews in Le Grand Duc club
        First teacher : Henri Valjean
        Known past associates : Henri Valjean, Walter Graham
        First recorded sighting : 1943. Paris, France
        Student of Henri Valjean, both immortals left Paris
        for New Orleans, Louisiana

Paris saw the beginnings of an African-American community in the aftermath of World War I when about 200,000 were brought over to fight. Ninety per cent of these soldiers were from the American South. It was during this time that jazz was introduced to the French and black culture was born in Paris. African American musicians, artists, and Harlem Renaissance writers found 1920s Paris ready to embrace them with open arms. Montmartre became the center of the small community, with jazz clubs such as Le Grand Duc, Chez Florence and Bricktop's thriving in Paris. World War II brought all the fanfare to an abrupt halt. The Nazi invasion of Paris in June 1940 meant suppression of the "corrupt“ influence of jazz in the French capital and danger of imprisonment for African Americans choosing to remain in the city.
        Most Americans, black as well as white, left Paris at this time.

An inheritor of both African-American and French musical cultures, Lisa Grant is a priceless member of the immortals community and ranks as one of the most talented musicians of the immortal scene. Her confrontations against the Nazis in 1943 have made her a stronger person, ready to face any opponent ready to take her carreer or life away from her. It is Henri Valjean, once a swashbuckler and womanizing rogue who brought her to new Orleans and helped her mature into the woman she is now, himself having gained an edge after witnessing the horrors of two world wars; the former Peter Pan of Rebecca Horne's line of students, became an adult and felt that he had some responsabilities toward his pupil and it is their sense of responsability that allowed him to become a good mentor to Lisa : in acting/singing business as well as in matters of the sword.

Carol-Ann Fredericks, New-York

From the Journals of Joe Dawson, New Orleans 1978

I took a first class flight to New Orleans this week--end, following Liza Grant to the Quarré were she was producing herself. Everyone is expecting her show tonight, and not just mortals : there is a fair number of Immortals who appreciate good Jazz in New Orleans and there will be quite a gathering tonight, if Idare write those words. An amiable gathering, I hope. Count on Liza to tame the tiger in us all and to unite Immortals and mortals in harmony, because this is where her talent truly lies. It would be crossing a boundary for us Watchers to soicalize with out Immortals so we stay discreet, but Marie Laveau, Nick Delgado, Haresh Clay, his companion Carter, Analise Thibadeau, even Carl Robinson have gathered tonight. No known quarrels between the lot and Haresh Clay retired from the Game a long time ago. Will there be Duncan MacLeod ? If there is, we may expect trouble since he is such a hot-blooded Scot. Didn't Haresh taunt him centuries ago ? We who shall see who plays castanets tonight !

Dancing all night on Liza Grant's magic voice, her energy like an eternal flame, lighting my young heart. I know I am but a mortal and a Watcher to boot, oath-bound, I cannot declare my love to Liza but I dream of dancing on her tunes, damn those crutches. Still, she sings like an angel, a torrent of energy which benefits us all.
        She plays for herself, for us too, for the love of Jazz and blues, because she has forever to do so, to train herself into becoming hte best Jazz vocalist in the world. Oh love. I never played Jazz myself but back in my youth I was good with the guitar before I got drafted. Nam took my legs but it didn't take my heart. The death of Roy was a dramatic experience for me, I loved that man and without that damn non-interference rule he would still be among us. But I had interfered, it would have been a bullet through my head and I wouldn't be enjoying Liza Grant. My heart is sore, as much as the feet of Liza's audience, and I am dreaming of her. I am dreaming of her beign the One in the end, so she can sing forever.
        Last edited by Gardner; 08-07-2017, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Gardner! It's thepiscitelli! Good to see you again! Ready to start this madness again?

Comment

• Gardner
            Gardner commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes old friend ! But we need Apollo1 and his silent partner, Apollo2. Now let's jam !
            I am happy to see you again too!
            Last edited by Gardner; 08-08-2017, 08:02 AM.

Gay is an occupation?

Comment

lesbian community of New-York;

She lived among the gay and lesbian communities of NY.

Comment

Originally posted by Gardner View Post
              lesbian community of New-York;

She lived among the gay and lesbian communities of NY.
              Yeah but that wasn't her job, unless you're unintentionally telling us something.

If you look at most dating profiles, occupation and where you live tend to be separate things.

Comment

Working...
              X