No announcement yet.

Homemade Watchers Chronicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have enerything on powerpoint databases, safeguarded on my pc and usb drive!

Comment

Fantastic, Gardner!

Comment

I read through your updated Immortals War postings, Gardner, and noticed a few changes; less deaths etc. Any chance you could post the updated stats of the Immortals whose fates you've changed so I can make the adjustments in my notes? I've decided to transfer all the written info of Immortals onto a new file I've set up on my PC. It's gonna take awhile, though, over 2500 Immortals to record, plus the new ones we've since come up with! Lol
        Also, any Immortals you created while this site was down would be much appreciated!

Cheers, my friend!
        Apollo1

Comment

Whoops!! That would be too complicated! Since the original HLBB broke down I did countless updates, most of them minor ones. I did the Immortals War as best as I could and did the changes I saw necessary, but didn't keep track of the updates I did, only on my excel charts. Some of the minor Immortals killed in Latin America, Africa and Middle East are now active or dead, killed by other Immortals. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't truly matter wether Character A, B, C or D has been killed by a Harem woman or by another player of the Game. See what I mean. Your version of the Watcher's chronicles will be necessarily different from mine as you have 2,500 characters, and I have 3500 and of the 2,500 you have, I changed many and there are 200 of them I deleted. And unless you have an excel chart allowing you to manage those characters, well. I don't see how those differences can be conciliated.

Besides, it doesn't really matter : the big players are still in place (I.E Ravenwood, SIS, BMR, etc..) and there is no so drastic changes I made that need updating. Clemont Haynes and Juanita Vasquez are listed as active, btw, since they are important players. But that's it. For instance, the Immortals killed by the Harem women were instead killed by other players of the Game because I didn't believe in a middle eastern Immie keeping immortal sex slaves around to train them as active headhunters.

Now if you like, I can post a list of active and inactive Immortals for each region, but well...

Cheers !
          Last edited by Gardner; 09-10-2017, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gardner View Post
            Whoops!! That would be too complicated! Since the original HLBB broke down I did countless updates, most of them minor ones. I did the Immortals War as best as I could and did the changes I saw necessary, but didn't keep track of the updates I did, only on my excel charts. Some of the minor Immortals killed in Latin America, Africa and Middle East are now active or dead, killed by other Immortals. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't truly matter wether Character A, B, C or D has been killed by a Harem woman or by another player of the Game. See what I mean. Your version of the Watcher's chronicles will be necessarily different from mine as you have 2,500 characters, and I have 3500 and of the 2,500 you have, I changed many and there are 200 of them I deleted. And unless you have an excel chart allowing you to manage those characters, well. I don't see how those differences can be conciliated.

Besides, it doesn't really matter : the big players are still in place (I.E Ravenwood, SIS, BMR, etc..) and there is no so drastic changes I made that need updating. Clemont Haynes and Juanita Vasquez are listed as active, btw, since they are important players. But that's it. For instance, the Immortals killed by the Harem women were instead killed by other players of the Game because I didn't believe in a middle eastern Immie keeping immortal sex slaves around to train them as active headhunters.

Now if you like, I can post a list of active and inactive Immortals for each region, but well...

Cheers !
            Cheers anyway, Gardner. A list of active and inactive Immortals would help me adjust some of those outcomes accordingly, and get an idea of where most of the major players are at this point in time. Since i'm going to be doing a lot of work uploading these characters onto my PC, thought i'd at least get them up to the present day.

Cheers!
            Apollo1

Comment

Thanks for the list, my friend! Now that i'm committed to updating and re-uploading all my Immortals onto a new file, this will help immensely! I'll have an all-new Immortal universe to play around with! Lol

Cheers!
              Apollo1

Comment

Most of it stuff I wrote lol And a lot of good stories thanks to you and Apollo2

Comment

45,000–43,000 years ago: Cro-Magnon colonization of Europe.
                  Skullsmasher of the Skulls Clan and his Watcher friend Moonwatcher from 40,000 BC. Was trampled by a mammoth while hunting and chased from his tribe like a demon. Moonwatcher followed him and painted his stories in abandoned caves. Skullsmasher killed his first Immortal - the last living Neanderthal - by crushing his skull and tearing his head out, discovering the power of the Quickening with Moonwatcher looking from afar, in awe. Made a beautiful painting of the scene
                  33,000 years ago Skullsmasher starts domesticating dogs
                  26000 BC :Survives last Ice age
                  15000 BC : kills his last wolly rhino

Existence theorized and recorded by Watcher research after finding odd paintings on ancient caves of Western Europe.

Comment

Skullsmasher is a great one. Thank you for all of these that you make, Gardner!

Comment

Thought i'd post something I came up with, Gardner that could spice things up in the present day. A little intrigue with a nod to the past:

13 September 2017

To: Lynn Horton, Director-in-Chief, True Watchers

First of all, I would like to offer you my warmest congratulations for your appointment to the position of Director-in-Chief of the True Watchers. It has taken five years for us to repair the damage done to the legacy of the Watchers in the aftermath of the Immortals War, and it is gratifying to know that our legacy is now in such good hands. Still, I was saddened to hear that so many of our brothers and sisters chose to betray their heritage by allowing themselves and their knowledge to be appropriated by Ravenwood International Security. The very fact that Immortals are now in possession of some of our most guarded secrets, and that one of our most trusted brothers, Adam Pierson, was revealed to have been the ancient Immortal Methos all this time, is a source of great regret. I suppose Joe Dawson was just a catalyst for the malaise that had set in to the organisation over so many decades without our realising it. Put simply; we failed to move with the times.

I am pleased by the collective agreement among the Council about the need to adapt our methods and practices to the modern world. We will keep our millennia long tradition to observe and record and not interfere, however, as proposed by Security Director Ethan Mathis, should our field operatives feel threatened then extreme measures should be taken, up to and including lethal force. Ethan has been recruiting and training his personnel to engage men and women with centuries of combat experience, and to deal with our own former members of the defunct Spec Ops group now in the employ of Ravenwood. Let’s be clear, Security Division will not be able to take independent action and I think we should also keep a close watch on Ethan. You and I both know how close he was to your father. He still denies, to this day, knowing what your father was doing and we don’t have enough evidence to connect him to the Hunters. Still, I’ve discreetly instructed Jean-Pierre in Intelligence to monitor Ethan at a distance. Better to be safe than sorry.

Did you here? Ravenwood have promoted Joe Dawson to head of operations for their North and Central American Division. The man who single-handedly brought about our initial demise has been rewarded with a lucrative post working for the very Immortals he spent decades observing. Ironic, isn’t it?

I know you’ve issued a hands-off warning to our operatives in the area regarding Joe, and I know you still care a great deal about the man. I know you don’t blame him for what happened to your father, but others in our ranks may not be quite so trustworthy. A further, official warning may be necessary.

13th September 2017

To: Deoneces of Sparta, Kyra of Sparta, Joint CEOs, Ravenwood International Security

From: Joe Dawson, Chief of Operations, North and Central American Division, Ravenwood International Security

I take it word has reached you by now that some of my former colleagues have formed a new Watchers Council. They’re calling themselves the True Watchers and my goddaughter, Lynn, is in charge. They claim to be sticking to the old ways of observing and recording and not interfering, but I’ve got my ears to the ground. I trust Lynn, she hasn’t done anything to convince me she’s her father’s daughter, but that doesn’t mean I trust those around her. Especially Ethan Mathis. I know he was in on Horton’s crusade, but he never got his hands dirty, so we could never pin anything on him. Now I hear he’s recruiting mercs and ex-military into his part of the True Watchers. My sources tell me these new Watchers are ready to act against anyone they see as a threat, Immortals or otherwise, so I suggest putting everyone on alert just in case. We don’t want a shooting war on the streets but we need to be ready in case Mathis decides to finish what James started. I’m worried about Lynn, though. If things go south I hope she’s got plenty of people she can trust around her.

I’ll keep an eye on things this side of the Pond, I suggest you do too. Maybe reach out to Richeard of Mercia and his group, give them the heads up, no harm in having a few more eyes out there just in case.

Cheers,
                      Apollo1

Comment

Oh, NICE, Apollo1! Why are the letters black, though? I had to highlight to read.

Comment

Interesting tale. I must admit I completely omitted the takeover of the Watchers by Ravenwood in my improved version of Immortals War.
                          But that is something Cleophon's disciples would do : take action agaisnt the Watchers. Or at least, make sure the Immortals interfere i nthe affairs of the Watchers that time.
                          And we have the True Watchers taking action against Deoneces' action! Very good.

I once wrote stats for Immortals killed by a new death squad led by Lynn Horton but negated that. I honetsly do not know wehter Lynn took out Immortals or not, but this is a woman who has to be put under watch.

I have been working on the Bronze Age immortals stats, I found very interestign characters with intriguing stories. But I need two more :
                          19th century BC One male, one female please.

In my ongoing effort to improve the male/female ratio of the Immortal population, I also would need :

2nd century 4 Immortal women
                          3rd century 5 Immortal women
                          4th century 8 Immortal men 4 Immortal women
                          5th century 5 Immortal women
                          6th century 6 Immortal women
                          9th century 5 Immortal women
                          10th century 6 Immortal women
                          11th century 7 Immortal women
                          12th century 7 Immortal women
                          15th century 9 Immortal women
                          16th century 11 Immortal women
                          Last edited by Gardner; 09-14-2017, 02:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dubiousbystander View Post
                            Oh, NICE, Apollo1! Why are the letters black, though? I had to highlight to read.
                            Yeah, sorry about that. I was using a different font when I typed it out, copied and pasted it and it came out black. Won't make that mistake again lol

Cheers
                            Apollo1

Comment

Working on those names for you my friend, I have two so far:

19th century BC

Parthos of Aram - male
                              Anunit of Mazaka (Upper Mesopotamia) - female

Cheers
                              Apollo1

Comment

Very good!! Thank you.

Comment

Re: Lynn Horton. I always believed she would want to make amends for her father's crimes, he did after all murder her fiancée. And she seemed to have an affection for Joe. It made sense to have her build a new Watchers Council with some of the older Watchers who refused to work with Ravenwood. Still, having a black sheep in the True Watchers adds an unpredictable element: Ethan Mathis; was he or was he not in on James Horton's crusade? How much did he know? Joe Dawson doesn't trust him and some in the True Watchers are dubious. Time will tell.

Because of the amount of names you've asked for Gardner, i'm going to post them in batches. Here's the next lot:

2nd century

Sophonisba of Mauretania - female
                                  Xmucane - Mayan female
                                  Petya of the Getae - female
                                  Auina of Tuihanti - Suebi female

3rd century

Elewechi of the Nok - female
                                  Myrine of Paeonia - female
                                  Achaxe of Sarmatia - female
                                  Haideh of Hadhramaut - female
                                  Chwun-yu of Kangju - female

Cheers
                                  Apollo1

Comment

Very impressive list! I love those names. I already have Xmucane, the oldest Mayan Immortal :

Known aliases : None
                                    Notable characteristics : The oldest known
                                    Immortal of Mesoamerica
                                    Weapon : Undetermined
                                    Recorded kills : None known

Status
                                    Most recent base of operations : Pacific coast of
                                    present day Chiapas, Mexico
                                    domesticated cacao after it was imported from
                                    Amazon basin
                                    Prior occupations : Undetermined
                                    Roster of Immortals Status : Missing
                                    Date : 1650 Posing as Mayan village woman
                                    Place : Valley of Mexico
                                    Victor : N.A
                                    Watcher : Research, Mesoamerican Immortals

Background
                                    Original cultural affiliation : Amerindian
                                    Mokaya, pre-Olmec culture
                                    Born : 19th Century BC, present Chiapas, Mexico
                                    First death : Unrecorded
                                    First teacher : Unrecorded
                                    Known past associates : Yarhuata Pachaco
                                    Known ennemies : Kosumi, may have been
                                    enslaved by his people i nthe 4th century BC
                                    First recorded sighting : 1590. Valley of Mexico.
                                    Encounter with Yarhuata Pachaco, entrusted him
                                    with her favorite cacao recipes

I'll give another name to the 2nd century Mayan, unless you can provide one ?
                                    I like your views on Lynn Horton.

Cheers !
                                    G.

Comment

Sorry about that, my friend! With so many Immortals, occasionally i'll forget I've already used the name! lol

I have another Mayan female for you: Ichtaca

Cheers
                                      Apollo1

Comment

• Gardner
                                        Gardner commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Actually I created Xmucane only recently. Thank you for the new name.

Appius Lepidus Baro, part I

Rufus Marsus
                                      Known aliases : Sextus Aurelius Victor
                                      Notable characteristics : Plebeian Immortal,
                                      rightfully proud of his craft as writer; gay
                                      Weapon : Not carrying one in public
                                      Recorded kills : None, not a player of the Game

Status
                                      Most recent base of operations : Rome
                                      Occupation : Writer of a short history of Imperial
                                      Rome; writign the biography of the Emperor
                                      Prior occupations : Writer, thespian
                                      Roster of Immortals Status : Deceased
                                      Date : 185 BC
                                      Place : Rome
                                      Victor : Appius Lepidus Baro
                                      Watcher : Research, Baro Chronicles

Background
                                      Original cultural affiliation : Roman
                                      Born : 340 BC; Roman Republic
                                      First death : 320 BC, Stabbed by male lover
                                      First teacher : Oranius Dio
                                      Known past associates : Oranius Dio
                                      Known ennemies : Appius Lepidus Baro
                                      First recorded sighting : 180 BC Roman Republic
                                      Challenged to a fight by Appius Lepidus insulted
                                      by a poem of Marsus mocking him, while written
                                      merely in jest

Appius was hot-blooded in those times and he hated the homosexual elements of Rome, even though they were vere more common on our streets than in ancient Greece. Still he didn't have a tolerant mind and it wasn't his teacherDeoneces who could teach him tolerance. When Deoneces told him about homisexuality in ancient Athens, Appius didn't want to listen. Well, in present-days he doesn't mind the gay communities but two thousands years ago... that was something else. When gay immortal Rufus Marsus did those advances on him, Appius felt challenged and drew his sword, even though Rufus felt ibnterested by Appius' other sword, if you catch my meaning. The fight was quick and one
                                      of the most brillant minds (and beautiful men) of Rome died onhis knees, begging for his life. All Rufus wanted was to give a little love to Appius, that which Appius didn't udnerstand.

Adam Pierson, 2017
                                      From the Chronicle of Appius Lepidus Barro

Kardashian of Babylon
                                      Known aliases : Kardarigan « Black Hawk »
                                      Notable characteristics : Parthian patriot
                                      Weapon : Babylonian double-edged sword

Status
                                      Most recent base of operations : Mesopotamia
                                      Occupation : Soldier of Parthian Empire under
                                      commander Surena
                                      Prior occupations : Warrior, Babylonia
                                      Date : 53 BC Battle of Carrhae; invasion of
                                      Mesopotamia by Roman General Crassus
                                      Place : Carrhae, Mesopotamia

Background
                                      Original cultural affiliation : Babylonian
                                      Born : 275 BC Seleucia, Mesopotamlia, parents
                                      were Babylonias deported to Seleucia
                                      First death : 245 BC, Undetermined
                                      First teacher : Unrecorded
                                      Known associates : Ahasuerus, Malachi
                                      First recorded sighting : 141 BC Seleucia.
                                      Conquest of the city by Parthians led by
                                      Mithriades I, encounter with Ahasuerus the
                                      Parthian

Kardashian was as much dedicated to the Parthian Empire aswas Appius to the Roman Empire, but all Empires fall and he knew it. Still, he followed the winds of change and like a chameleon adapted himself to any empire that rose and was ready to welcome him as soldier or mercenary. Appius believed Rome would last forever (I still have a good laugh when I think about the fall of Rome) and hated all Immortals opposing Rome with apassion, strongly despising the barbarians he had to fought as a centurion. Which explain the chuckle I get when I think of poor Appius having to face hordes of barbarians being enrolledas mercs in Roman legions. He must have hated those tmes with a passion.
                                      Still, in 53 BC, Rome was strong and Appius faced Kardashian with righteousness, his gladius in his firm hand.His resolve lessened as centuries pased by and he confessed to me in the 14th century that, had he been wiser, he would have spared the Babylonian's head instead of killing him with spite.

Adam Pierson, 2017

Harkhuf Atiqa
                                      Notable characteristics : Tall, broad-shouldered,
                                      muscucar Immortal
                                      Weapon : Two-handed Nubianbroadsword

Status
                                      Most recent base of operations : Nubian Kingdom
                                      Roman Aegyptus
                                      Occupation : Nubian warrior, army of Queen Amanirenas
                                      Prior occupations : Warrior
                                      Date : 24 BC Campaign of Prefect Petronus
                                      against Kingdom of Kush
                                      Place : Napata, Northern Sudan

Background
                                      Original cultural affiliation : Nubian
                                      Born : 8th Century BC; Kingdom of Meroe,
                                      Southern Nubia
                                      First death : In war agaisnt invading Assyrians
                                      First teacher : Yaa Asantewaa
                                      Known past associates : Yaa Asantewaa,
                                      Sit-Hathor Iunet, Eumolpus of Aethipia
                                      First recorded sighting : 650 BC. Southern Egypt
                                      Encounter and romance with Sit-Hathor Iunet,
                                      cross-referenced as disciple of Asantewaa

Harkhuf Atiqa is yet another regret of Appius Lepidus Baro,dear got he really poured out his heart to me that famous night in Pavia ! Ah, Nubians mercenaries ! Bold, strong, quikc and their women ! Such good lovers and even more ferocious than their men, especially the Immortal ones. Wait till I tell you about the Immortal women Appius fought...Hehad some nasty surprises. Anyway. Atiqa was born in the Kingdom fo Meroe and was as ancient as they come, a withered Immortal who had sen too many wars and was tired of seeign his people being enslaved by either Egypt or Rome. He fought for his people and was Nubia Malcom X with a littel of Professor Xavier in the mix.
                                      I can't believe I am writing this. I must go senile after 5,000+ years of existence on Earth. He was a lover of the great Sit-Hathor Iunet a woman I once courted and am glad I didn't rape and enslave, one less fury after my hide. Atiqa fought Appius Lepidus Baro who was a definite snob and rascist, believing in the superiority of Rome and there was nothing that could change his mind. Atiqa's wife begged him to spare her husband's head but to no avail.
                                      The Quickenign was strong and I belive Appius was lucky Shayeena was a mortal warrior or he would have his own Cassandra after his head after two thousnd years...

Adam Pierson, 2017
                                      Last edited by Gardner; 09-15-2017, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Appius Lepidus Baro, part II

Elisheva of Samaria
                                        Notable characteristics : Judean Nationalist, deep
                                        hatred of Rome
                                        Weapon : Custom broadsword

Status
                                        Most recent base of operations : Roman Judea
                                        Occupation : Leading Palestinian Jews in revolt
                                        against Rome
                                        Prior occupations :
                                        Date : 73 First Jewish-Roman War (66-73)
                                        Place : Roman Judea
                                        Victor : Appius Lepidus Baro, treated her with
                                        disdain, found how warrior-like women can be

Background
                                        Original cultural affiliation : Hebrew
                                        Born : 776 BC Samaria, Kingdom of Israel
                                        First death : 756 BC Undetermined
                                        First teacher : Na’Amah of Ramah
                                        Known associates : Na’Amah of Ramah
                                        Known past associates : The Seven Prophetesses
                                        of Ancient Israel
                                        Known ennemies : Methos, Appius Lepidus Baro
                                        First recorded sighting : 732 BC Kingdom of Israel
                                        Sack of Damascus and Israel by the Assyrians,
                                        Inconclusive fight against Methos on the side of
                                        the Assyrians, rumored to be an invicible demon

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. And Elisheva was one hell of a woman, a savy little fighter and player of the Game who was dedicated to the protection of her land. Hated the Romans with as much passion as Avram Mordecai.Poor Avram, he took out Marcus Constantine out of hate and look at him now, pushing up daisies. But I digress. I had a lot of respect for Elisheva, she reminded me of Abellona when my brother found her and mentored her and in her case it was the Na'amah the Prophetess who mentored her in 756 BC and did she turn her mind around ! She prophetized to her the misfortunes that would happen to Israel in the coming centuries and she stood ready against Rome in 53 BC, two hundred years before the revolt of Bar Kobbah. Appius had never met an Immortal woman and had
                                        but contempt for the women of his kind, seeing them as holy women or whores, unable to carry children, thus useless wastes of flesh. Did he have a surprise with Elisheva ! She fought him like a fury after decimating scores of llegionnaires in guerilla tactics until finally Rome sent Appius the champion after her. The mighty champion didn't stand a chance against a woman I personally trained but I didn't confess THIS to poor Appius and his mournful sip of wine. He told me he was lucky against her, but he may have cheated. Well, he still have to live with this sin as I do when I think of Cassandra. And all the others.

Adam Pierson, 2017

Maeonius of Assyria
                                        Known aliases : Aeolius of Adiabene
                                        Notable characteristics : Assyrian patriot
                                        Weapon : Assyrian battle sword

Status
                                        Most recent base of operations : Assyrian
                                        Kingdom of Adiabene, Province of Assyria,
                                        Roman Empire
                                        Occupation : Resisting Roman occupation as
                                        Soldier of Assyrian prince Antruces
                                        Prior occupations : Assyrian warrior
                                        Date : 118
                                        Place : Kingdom of Adiabene
                                        Victor : Appius Lepidus Baro, unsuccesfully trying
                                        to quell Assyrian rebellion

Background
                                        Original cultural affiliation : Assyrian
                                        Born : 150 BC; Beth Nuadra, Parthian Assyria
                                        First death : 120 BC, Murdered by jealous rival
                                        over the affections of a woman he courted
                                        First teacher : Ahasuerus the Parthian
                                        Known past associates : Ahasuerus
                                        First recorded sighting : 118. Kingdom of
                                        Adiabene. Contemptuously killed by Baro who
                                        later realised he needlessly killed Maeonius

The resistance of the Kingdom of Adiabene against Rome lasted only two years before Rome eventually gave
                                        possession of Assyria and Mesopotamia. Today Appius acknowledges it was a twaste of time and efforts for him and his legion to come after the Assyrians and his battle against Meonius seems as futile s his other earlier kills. Maeonius would have become an ally of Rome with time and maybe a trusted ally of Appius. I sincerely consoled the Roman, not reminded him that Christian Assyrians sided with Christian Rome, and in likelihood Maeonius would have been killed by Appius with as much scorn by the fall of Rome. Appius wasn't too tolerant with Christians either. He so looks like an unpleasant bastard as I write all this.

Adam Pierson, 2017

Hyllos of Argos
                                        Known aliases : Saverios of Hyrgos
                                        Notable characteristics : Gay Immortal
                                        Weapon : Greek hoplite sword
                                        Recorded kills : None known, occasional player of
                                        the Game

Status
                                        Most recent base of operations : Athens, Greece
                                        Prior occupations : Athletic competitor, specialised
                                        in boxing, wrestling
                                        Date : 296 Olympic Games
                                        Place : Athens
                                        Victor : Appius Lepidus Baro, despised Hyllos
                                        because of his homosexuality, got angry when he
                                        made a pass at him

Background
                                        Original cultural affiliation : Greek
                                        Born : 10 BC, Argos, Greece
                                        First death : 18 BC, Chokehold while practicing
                                        pankration (boxing/wrestling), during Olympic
                                        Games
                                        First teacher : Kyra of Sparta
                                        Known associates : Kyra and Deoneces of Sparta
                                        First recorded sighting : 86 AD. Athens, Greece
                                        In bed with a male lover of Kyra, Kyra happily
                                        reunited with her former student and made a
                                        menage a trois durign 86’s Olympic Games

Kyra never truly forgave Appius Lepidus the murder of Hyllos of Argos, oen of her favorite disciples, fellow sportsmen and lovers. Appius is now cured from his homophobia but all the regrets in the world won't change the fact that a good man was killed in the Game before he could become one of its champions. Hyllos had a competitive mind and played when challenged, he accepted all kinds of challenges : on the battlefield, in the Olympic Games, had turned out to be a master of the bed and of the blade but when he tried to seduce Appius, deeep-tonguing him after one night of drunken debauchery, Appius' blood boiled and that was the end of Hyllos.

Adam Pierson, 2017

Lifgarda of Hanover
                                        Notable characteristics : Emittered, disilluisioned
                                        warrior-woman, played the Game in the hope of
                                        feeling like a ‘Valkyrie’ again
                                        Weapon : Germanic medieval broadsword

Status
                                        Most recent base of operations : Hanover,
                                        Germany
                                        Prior occupations : Warrior woman, also member
                                        of the Valkyries Immortal women group
                                        Date : 1252
                                        Place : Hanover

Background
                                        Original cultural affiliation : Germanic
                                        Born : 650; Valley of the Danube, Germany
                                        First death : 670, Raped and killed by Austrasian
                                        marauders
                                        First teacher : Gostanza
                                        Known past associates : Gabriel of Zeeland,
                                        founder of the Knights of the Netherlands;
                                        The Valkyries (Heilewif of Magdeburg, Sigihild of
                                        Teutoburg, Desdemona, Gostanza, Gundehar,
                                        Draga of Regensburg)
                                        First recorded sighting : 1175. Netherlands
                                        Unconclusive fight against Edwina of Mercia,
                                        witnessed by her disciple Gabriel of Zeeland

With Lifgarda of Hanover, Appius learned his lesson and was careful to be prepared when he faced the ancient Valkyrie woman. Ah the Valkyries ! They spread their own legend across the Danube right to the Nordic wastelands of Scadninavia, fighting entire armies, playign the Game, dincing, singing and fornicatign togetherr. What prud and beautiful warrior women they were ! Together, they were a force to be reckoned with, then they went their separate ways and the Game killed them all, one by one. Only Sigihild remains, the Watchers last saw her in Spain by the time of the Civil War, helping her Czech husband and Immortal lead resistance against the Nazis. A tale that inspired the movie Casablanca. She and her husband are still alive, they send postcards from time to time.
                                        In 1252 Appius was in Hanover, a mercenary sword in barbaric and brutal times; Lifgarda had retired from the Game but sometimes she didn't mind a good workout and male challengers didn't scare her. Appius still had a chip on his shoulders in those days and he had scores to settle with Immortal women, especially when they cheat and pretend to be men. Well, he was lucky this was a withered Immortal because the fire was gone along time ago, only the presence of her sisters gave her the incentive to fight like a fury. A true shame.

Adam Pierson, 2017
                                        From the Chroncle of Appius Lepidus Baro
                                        Last edited by Gardner; 09-15-2017, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Appius Lepidus Baro, part III

Zlatka Golakova
                                          Known aliases : « The Volga Viper »
                                          Notable characteristics : Sociopathic
                                          Weapon : English mediavel broadsword

Status
                                          Most recent base of operations : Kent, England
                                          Occupation : Assassin, in service to a local lord
                                          Prior occupations : Murder-for-hire, trained in
                                          political assassination by Andre Korda, starting
                                          with vassals of the Golden Horde (1224-1236)
                                          Date : 1360
                                          Place : County of Kent

Background
                                          Original cultural affiliation : Bulgarian
                                          Born : 1203, Volga Bulgaria
                                          First death : 1223; Raped and murdered by the
                                          Kurgan, part of invasive army of Genghis Khan
                                          First teacher : Andre Korda
                                          Known past associates : Andre Korda
                                          Known ennemies : the Kurgan
                                          First recorded sighting : 1224. Volga Bulgaria
                                          Found by Korda, hiding in a convent, violated and
                                          dishonored, unaware she had been killed

I honestly don't know how Zlatka Golakova survived being raped by the Kurgan, few women did, with the expetion of Connor MacLeod's mortal wife and one of my brother Kronos' disciples. Under the guidance of Cleophon of Athens she would have become the Balkans' counterpart to the Crimson Butterfly; under the guidance of Andre Korda she became a skilled assassin and a hater or men, feeling forgotten by God and with the Devil in her heart. Reading her chronicle, I realise how Cassandra must have felt when I... conquered her body (violated her body, old and ancient bastard!) and on top of that selling her to Kronos. 3,000 years of nurtured anger and hatred. She could never let it go.
                                          Ah Cassandra. I hate having had to disclose the story we had in common to Kyra and Deoneces, the look in their eyes was more painful than Kronos' blade through my heart when we reunited in 96. Zlatka is truly a tragic character who had to adapt herself to the violent past of Europe in the Middle Ages, and hell knows how Korda was good at manipulating Immortal women, even the older ones (see Amanda's chronicle, 1905). In 1223 she was hiding in a convent, in 1360 the Volga Viper had specialized in seducing dules, princes,swordsmasters, bankers, worming her way in theri beds before killing them on behalf of Korda, all that time posing as his daughter, beign given in marriage to men Korda wanted to.. see disposed of. With time she disposed herself of Korda, I think she poisoned him, but she didn't take his head. She vanished into the night and re-appeared in 1360 near Scotney Castle in the lovely county of Kent. In 1360 Appius Lepidus Baro fell in
                                          love with a mortal woman and after centuries of being a murdering bastard and an all-around unpleasant bastard, experienced an epiphany of sort, realising hs life is fragile and that not all Immortals are fit to be put to his mighty sword.
                                          Kage, anyone ? Well, even I can fall in love with a mortal girl, my latest was... ah beautiful Alexa. Even my dark side she accepted. Well, Esmeralda was Appius' Alexa and the beautiful redhead stole Appius' heart in a manner to make Amanda herself pale with envy. Appius the warrior, Appius the conqueror, the merciless became a man in love, forsaking the darkness in his own heart. And when the Voilga Viper came after the happy couple, Appius was for once relucant to murder a woman, but he had no choice.
                                          Laugh if you like, Kronos my brother, I may have feared you, I may have loved you, but I am the one who changed and let love touch my heart, not you and your taste for rampant destruction. Appius changed too andnot even the Volga Viper's Quickening could taint his soul.

Adam Pierson, 2017
                                          From the Chronicle of Appius Lepidus Baro

Maginulf of Pavia
                                          Known aliases : Arnwulf the Barbarian
                                          Notable characteristics : Savage warrior,
                                          gargantuan physique
                                          Weapon : Lombard sword, battle axe
                                          Recorded kills : None, not a player of the Game

Status
                                          Most recent base of operations : Pavia, Lombardy
                                          Occupation : Soldier, Pavia city’s guard,
                                          occasional headhunter specilaizing in long-lived Immortals
                                          Prior occupations : Mercenary sword, working in
                                          campaigns led by Darius and Grayson
                                          Date : 1434
                                          Place : Pavia

Background
                                          Original cultural affiliation : Germanic
                                          Born : 746; Western Roman Empire
                                          First death : 774, Killed during Charlemagn’s
                                          campaign agaisnt Northern Lombardy
                                          First teacher : Eberwolf, aka Wolfgang Ebersol
                                          Known associates : Andre Korda, Kage, Grimoald
                                          Known past associates : Eberwolf, Grayson
                                          First recorded sighting : 774. Ravenna, Kingdom
                                          of Italy. Trained by Eberwolf

Maginulf of Pavia was a bastard through and through who spent seven hundred years being a plunderer, a killer, a rapist and a bloody savage. Still he had a good side of him when reading though his chronicle, a soft side : he like animals, was fond of horses, he trained dogs for attack and for the hunting; he played the flute with a tearful pathos and his deep, booming voice still resonates through the mind of Appius who took one mighty Quickening in 1434 when we were drinking wine together. Maginulf was hunting ancient players of the Game and he met Appius and I. I was the one he challenged by Appius got dibs on him. And besides, the gargantuan immortal reminded me of Silas.
                                          He still
                                          does.

Adam Pierson, 2017

Georgi Borzakov
                                          Known aliases : Fedor Golubov, Mitislav Borodin
                                          Notable characteristics : Deep hatred of foreigners
                                          invading his homeland, natural distrust of foreign Immortals
                                          Weapon : Russian klindjal

Status
                                          Most recent base of operations : Moscow,
                                          Tsardom of Russia
                                          Occupation : Soldier, Russian Armed Forces
                                          Prior occupations : Farmer, soldier, mercenary
                                          Date : 13 October 1688
                                          Place : Moscow

Background
                                          Original cultural affiliation : Russian
                                          Born : 1048, Sdouthern Rus
                                          First death : 1078, Killed by Turkic nomads raiding
                                          his farm, raping his wife and daughters
                                          First teacher : Dobrogost of Silesia
                                          Known past associates : Dobrogost
                                          First recorded sighting : 1080. Zalesye settlement,
                                          Northern Russia. Found and mentored by Dobrogost

The chronicle of Appius, after his epiphany, speaks of an Immortal who plays the Game when challenged or to defend his loved ones or the land he pledged his sword to. The memory of Esmeralda never leaves him and why the ancietn Roman remains a fearsome player of the Game, this is a more tolerant man, a calmer Immortal - in the way a violent Immortal like him can be ! At least, that's one less Caspian or Silas to worry about. Ah darn, why are my chronicles pregnant with the memories of my brothers ? Ah Silas. Why didn't you change, you could still be playing the flute now.
                                          And Caspian... you reap what you sow. Why did you pick on your brother ?
                                          Appius Lepidus Baro seldom allowed himself the companionship of other Immortals, he didn't create a brotherhood and only spoke to us - Deoneces, Kyra and myself - the rare time we gathered in Pavia. He recanted how he was in Moscow in 1688 and had to face an Immortal even more intolerant of foregners as he was in his young years

Adam Pierson, 2017

Sabite Bayar
                                          Notable characteristics : Willful, fiery temper
                                          Weapon : Ottoman cavalry saber

Status
                                          Most recent base of operations : No fixed location
                                          Occupation : Messenger/archer, Ottoman Empire
                                          Prior occupations : Cavalry officer, Ottoman army
                                          Date : 1730 Revolt of Patrona Halil ending the
                                          Tulip Period of Ottoman Empire
                                          Place : Constantinople

Background
                                          Original cultural affiliation : Turkish Ottoman
                                          Born : 1284; Ottoman Empire
                                          First death : 1302; Killed at Battle of Bapheus, war
                                          of Ottomans against Byzantines, followed her
                                          lover in battle under male garbs
                                          First teacher : Sarah of Antioch
                                          Known past associates : Sarah of Antioch
                                          First recorded sighting : 1302. Antioch, Turkey
                                          Mourning her companion, wasn’t aware she had
                                          been actually killed in battle

"I killed ten thousand and I was good at it. And it wasn't for vengeance, it wasn't for greed; it was because I liked it. I was Death. Death on a horse." When I disclosed my past as Horseman to Appius, he understood.
                                          Because he had bedded and loved an Ottoman archer woman, Sabite Bayar, who had been through four hundred years of conquests and warfare and had seen too much, killed too many, had allowed too many rapes of innocent women, too many lootings and burnings of consecrated Christian sites. Way too many. She laid down her sword and still the Ottoman, became a messenger in search of more pacifical occupation. Then 1730 she briefly reunited with Appius during the Revolt of Patrona Halil which ended a period of peace of Ottoman history; she had seen enough of Immortality and wanted to end it. Bearing a cloak and a hood, she challenged Appius and Appius killed her, unaware he was killing Sabite Bayar. The Quickening disclosed to him the horrors she had witnessed and Appius was the one to bury her in private, in a cosnecrated palce.

Adam Pierson, 2017

Yang Jing-xiang
                                          Known aliases : The Immortal Heshen (Ho-Shen)
                                          Notable characteristics : Corrupt official, cunning
                                          man with a maipulative personality
                                          Weapon : Never seen carrying any
                                          Recorded kills : None personally, had his Immortal
                                          ennemies quietly beheaded by mortal bodyguards

Status
                                          Most recent base of operations : Beijing, China
                                          Occupation : Courtier, major influence on Emperor
                                          Quianlang, rumored to be a neveraging Immortal
                                          Date : 1796 Putting down Bailian Jiao rebellion
                                          Place : Western China

Background
                                          Original cultural affiliation : Chinese
                                          Born : 356; Jiankang, Eastern Jin Empire
                                          First death : 383; War of Former Qin Empire
                                          agaisnt Western Jin, betrayed the Jin to the Qin
                                          First teacher : General Long Chao
                                          Known past associates : Kane, Senghi & Khabul
                                          Khan, allowed their accession to power as rulers
                                          of the Shansi Province
                                          Known ennemies : Deoneces of Sparta, Appius
                                          Lepidus Baro, Jin-Ke, May-Ling Shen
                                          First recorded sighting : 1754. Beijing, China
                                          Introduced Kane and the Khan brothers to
                                          Emperor Quianlong as demi-gods from Heaven

I haven't felt guilt since the 11th century. Appius experienced guilt for the last time in 1796 when he took out the Immortal responsible for the career as "Gods" of Kane, Senghi Khan and Khabul Khan in China in 1754 as a favor to Deoneces of Sparta who wanted to put him in front of his responsabilities as an Immortal to mortalkind.
                                          (See Chronicle of Deoneces of Saprta, 1754, good for a laugh and worth any Shaw Brothers action movie. Bring the popcorn). Appius Lepidus hunted down the man who was behind the Bailian Jao rebellion in China and faczed a kingmaker who didn't bother with hiding his immortal nature to Emperor Quianlang. The fight was brief, more an execution than a fight, but after that Appius expected his "debt" to be paid. The uncompromising morals of good old Deoneces.

Adam Pierson, 2017
                                          Last edited by Gardner; 09-15-2017, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Loved these chronicles, my friend! Just like old times! Lol
                                            Inspired choice to have Methos be the author of Baro's chronicle and you've captured the essence of the Roman Immortal I had in mind when I decided to make him more three-dimensional. BTW loved Methos' sly digs at Deoneces and his reminisces of his Horseman years. Fantastic job.

I'm currently working on those 4th century names you wanted and i'll post them ASAP.

Cheers
                                            Apollo1

Comment

• Gardner
                                              Gardner commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              "I killed ten thousand and I was good at it. And it wasn't for vengeance, it wasn't for greed; it was because I liked it. I was Death. Death on a horse." When I disclosed my past as Horseman to Appius, he understood.
                                              Because he had bedded and loved an Ottoman archer woman, Sabite Bayar, who had been through four hundred years of conquests and warfare and had seen too much, killed too many, had allowed too many rapes of innocent women, too many lootings and burnings of consecrated Christian sites. Way too many. She laid down her sword and still the Ottoman, became a messenger in search of more pacifical occupation. Then 1730 she briefly reunited with Appius during the Revolt of Patrona Halil which ended a period of peace of Ottoman history; she had seen enough of Immortality and wanted to end it. Bearing a cloak and a hood, she challenged Appius and Appius killed her, unaware he was killing Sabite Bayar. The Quickening disclosed to him the horrors she had witnessed and Appius was the one to bury her in private, in a consecrated place.
                                              Adam Pierson, 2017

Removing the reference to MacLeod since Methos didn't tell him about his past in our continuity.

Originally posted by Apollo1 View Post
                                            Loved these chronicles, my friend! Just like old times! Lol
                                            Inspired choice to have Methos be the author of Baro's chronicle and you've captured the essence of the Roman Immortal I had in mind when I decided to make him more three-dimensional. BTW loved Methos' sly digs at Deoneces and his reminisces of his Horseman years. Fantastic job.

I'm currently working on those 4th century names you wanted and i'll post them ASAP.

Cheers
                                            Apollo1
                                            Thank you! Like in the old times... I hope you liked my reference to the county of Kent lol

Comment

Yeah, Gardner, nice touch with the Kent reference. Cheers for that!

Here's those names I promised:

4th century

Eumolpus of Aksum - male
                                              Hekanefer of Meroe - Kushite male
                                              Aetolos of Cydonia - Byzantine male
                                              Bleddfach of the Cornovii - Briton male
                                              Bajnok of Bashkiria - Magyar male
                                              Spithridates of Carmania - male
                                              Ishpakaia of Mathura - Indo-Scythian male
                                              Lim teoh - Chi Tu male
                                              Adaeze of Koumbi Saleh - Ghanaian female
                                              Nezetta of San Marino - female
                                              Amestris of Khotan - female
                                              Chan-sook of Samhan - Korean female

Next up: 5th century!

Cheers
                                              Apollo1

Comment

• Brillant listing of new Immortals with interesting possible connections to other Immortals from our lists.
                                                Interesting birth places I never heard of, very good !

Comment

Working...
                                                X