Have we met before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have we met before?

Introduction: This is to be a chain story composed one paragraph at a time. Once you post you must wait for three others to post before you can jump back in. Have fun.
    Last edited by Colleengael; 06-02-2017, 05:43 PM. Reason: Because it seems the one sentence at a time challenge is too hard....

Have we met before?

Comment

I don't think so.

Comment

Are you for CERTAIN we haven't met?
        Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

You seem so familiar and... you smell like summer rain.

Comment

If only I could remember where and when. Then perhaps that would reawaken memories.

Comment

Joe Dawson watched from the bar as Methos conversed with a statuesque woman dressed in red.

Comment

"That man over there with the cane keeps staring at you, by the way," the woman whispered into Methos' ear, albeit still not convinced that he actually recognizes her and isn't just playing some game.

Comment

"He does that," Methos said, taking a sip of his beer, then he added, "just ignore him."

Comment

I feel challenged by Andrew.

Methos casts a wink to Joe before turning his gaze back to the woman before him, memories unfolding to her in quite different clothing, rather less of it, beckoning him to join her, to stand under a dark sky, on grass flattened by the falling water.

Comment

"It's someone else," she said to Methos. "I remind you of someone else, someone you've lost...?"

Comment

Joe smiled as Methos and his companion sat up and turned to face the door.

Comment

• dubiousbystander
                          dubiousbystander commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Come on, come on, one more person at least...

Joe's phone rang. The name of the caller put an end to his good mood.

Comment

The call ended and Joe frowned at his phone which, for an instant, turned flat, rectangular, and cordless in his hand, but then it was back to normal and he chalked it down to a hallucination.

Comment

"Headache?" Methos murmured with a catty smile as Joe rubbed his face and then his eyes, first opening them wide and wincing them closed.

(I think this would go better a paragraph at a time instead of a sentence at a time.)

Comment

• dubiousbystander
                              Editing a comment
                              Perhaps, but we can rise to the challenge of some mighty run-on sentences.

• Colleengael
                              Colleengael commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I have changed the challenge to a paragraph per post since there have been several requests to allow more than one sentence. Hope this makes it easier for folks to add to the story. It's all yours now.

• dubiousbystander
                              Editing a comment
                              Hmm. Silence has fallen.

"I think I have some aspirin in my purse," says the woman sitting next to Methos. "I never get headaches myself but I carry it around just in case," she adds as she digs in her handbag and pulls out a bottle of aspirin.

Comment

"Thanks" Joe smiled at the woman as he handed the asprin back. They did indeed ease the headache, but at the back of his mind, he couldn't shake the feeling that something wasn't quite right.

Comment

Methos pondered the woman. She was both familiar and new to him. This happened sometimes. It wasn't that unusual, but it was rather enjoyable. Sometimes it was a stabbing hurt when new acquaintances brought to mind old tragedies. He wondered if MacLeod would feel the same way when he came. Methos frowned at the thought, turning his gaze towards the door. MacLeod... he felt as thought they had not spoken for a very long time.

Comment

"I have to go," Joe said, absentmindedly, and got to his feet. With no further word he disappeared into his office and closed the door behind him.

Comment

Joe glowered at the Watcher file he had called up on his computer, chanting under his breath "Watch, but don't interfere." Then shrugged. Actually, watching this could be entertaining.

Comment

• dubiousbystander
                                      Editing a comment
                                      *whispers* Does this mean the lady is an Immortal?

• Perfect Warrior
                                      Perfect Warrior commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Or known to interfere- I don't think I've reduced possibilities here. (I'm thinking con artist who specializes in Immortals.)

• Colleengael
                                      Colleengael commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      This makes sense. There have definitely been some immortal con artists who had mortal partners that knew about them. Like Joe said...this could be fun to watch.
                                  Working...
                                  X