Highlander: Way of the Sword #3 (February, 2008) -- 5,876
    Highlander: Way of the Sword #4 (April, 2008) -- 5,384

Highlander Origins: The Kurgan #1 (January, 2009) -- 4,234
    Highlander Origins: The Kurgan #2 (February, 2009) -- 3,694

Emerald Star Comics:

Highlander 3030 #1 (May, 2015) -- ???

IDW Publishing:

Highlander: The American Dream #1 (February, 2017) -- 6,979
    Highlander: The American Dream #2 (March, 2017) -- ???
    Highlander: The American Dream #3 (April, 2017) -- ???
    Highlander: The American Dream #4 (May, 2017) -- ???

----

Looks like "The American Dream"'s sales are starting out even a bit weaker than "Way of the Sword."

I'm not sure why American Dream #2 and #3 haven't shown up in there. Also, American Dream #1 has an asterisk next to it on the charts, which denotes: "Items marked with asterisks[*] had their reported orders reduced by 10% due to returnability." That's probably not a good sign. Probably no more Highlander comics from IDW.
    Highlander: Dark Places

For a new series in a niche market I think that's actually pretty good. Are these pre-orders/initial sales or confirmed sales over a set period of time?
    May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholas Ward View Post
      For a new series in a niche market I think that's actually pretty good. Are these pre-orders/initial sales or confirmed sales over a set period of time?
      Confirmed sales long after the fact.

Comment

I didn't even know there was a new Highlander comic. I have every issue of the one that came out about 10 years ago, sealed in mint condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
          Looks like "The American Dream"'s sales are starting out even a bit weaker than "Way of the Sword."
          That's probably not a good sign. Probably no more Highlander comics from IDW.
          Heh, I don't know about that. Seems to me that other IDW titles don't fare better yet keep getting published, like Back To The Future (18 issues so far) or even G.I. Joe (239 issues and counting!)

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Kirk View Post

Heh, I don't know about that. Seems to me that other IDW titles don't fare better yet keep getting published, like Back To The Future (18 issues so far) or even G.I. Joe (239 issues and counting!)
            You might be right, actually. I'm used to "Cancellation Zone" being in the 8000s, at most. But apparently this is a new age.

Comment

It'd be great if that meant more stories in the future, possibly moving into the Series-verse, properly again.

Though I am highly anticipating to read this HL1-only-set story, but like I said, I'll probably wait for the trade this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post

You might be right, actually. I'm used to "Cancellation Zone" being in the 8000s, at most. But apparently this is a new age.
                I guess it depends a lot of the publisher's size. Less than 8000 units sold certainly means a sizeable flop for either DC or Marvel, but for IDW, a much smaller company, it might be regarded as average to good sales figures.

Comment

Originally posted by Aleander View Post
                  It'd be great if that meant more stories in the future, possibly moving into the Series-verse, properly again.

Though I am highly anticipating to read this HL1-only-set story, but like I said, I'll probably wait for the trade this time.
                  Although, if you wait for the trade collection, given how typically-low Highlander comics' sales figures have historically been, that's pretty much the approach that means no more Highlander comics, period. It's the sales of the monthly book that support the franchise, and help spur the greenlighting of further series. I was frankly pretty amazed that IDW announced this miniseries, and have been preordering it right from the get-go, in the hopes that it'll lead to more HL comics.

Comment

I bought them, too. However, had they not been good, I'd have stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by dubiousbystander View Post
                      I bought them, too. However, had they not been good, I'd have stopped.
                      Same here -- and yup, they've definitely been good up to this point. Got my fingers crossed that more will be coming down the road, here.

Comment

It's very weird that the sales from #2 - #5 don't appear on the charts. Could they have fallen that drastically from #1's sales?

Comment

Can't believe it's already almost been two years since this comic came and went.

Comment

I know! I think that the platform really needs greater modification in today's world. Things like The Goldbergs' episode could lead to a surge of interest in this mini-series, if only people hear about it.

Comment

Working...
                            X