Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your first face to face meeting with the cast at a con...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your first face to face meeting with the cast at a con...

Please share your first face to face meeting with the cast at a con.

I was sharing an elevator at Syndicon in Baltimore with Elizabeth and Peter. I had a jewel colored knitted wrap to keep me warm in the air conditioned building. Elizabeth spoke first and asked me where I got my beautiful wrap. I told her it was my own work. Peter joked that they now knew who to find if it got cold up on the stage because the hotel kept the convention rooms temperatures around sixty degrees.

(My wrap is over seven feet long and was designed for a tall person to wear down to the knees.)

HLWW9. Andrew and I were sitting at the hotel bar and hear "Brothers!" All heads turn and there he is, Silas, Richard Ridings. That voice man. So low it reverberates through your bones and gets amplified by your muscle, sinew and guts.

Scientifically false. Try again?

Shut up Koto.
    Richards voice is so low that he deafened 4 people by popping their eardrums.

No and possible libel this time.

Richards voice is so low that a pregnant woman had her water broken by the drop in air pressure when he spoke.

Comment

God, I was so nervous at HLWW8. So, so nervous.

First time I've seen Adrian in person. With David. I was giddy.
      Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

Anglicon 10, and I met Peter Wingfield in person. Then later luck was with me and I made it to Syndicon East, and got to interact with Jim...

Comment

Met Adrian at the first ever SLCC while getting his autograph, then annoyed him the next day during his panel by asking him a couple of questions about The Source and its abandoned follow ups.

Comment

Originally posted by Takk View Post
            Met Adrian at the first ever SLCC while getting his autograph, then annoyed him the next day during his panel by asking him a couple of questions about The Source and its abandoned follow ups.
            That's EXACTLY what I'd want to ask him about (as well as Endgame). Did you get this on film at all? What did he say about the Source?
            Formerly known as "Quickening"

My latest video in which I visit an ancient broch and cairns: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxY2hYR6GXw

Comment

Originally posted by David McMurdo View Post

That's EXACTLY what I'd want to ask him about (as well as Endgame). Did you get this on film at all? What did he say about the Source?
              He talked at length about how The Source became such a disaster, giving a surprisingly detailed example of the director's lack of preparation for the project, and then went on to tell us about what he would've liked its follow up to have focused on. I did get it (and most of the rest of that panel) on film, and I thought I had that section of it uploaded somewhere, and yet I can't seem to find it on Facebook or YouTube, but I know I have the video on my computer at home (I'm at my brother's house, atm), so I'll reupload it later today and post it here for you.

Comment

He talked at length about how The Source became such a disaster, giving a surprisingly detailed example of the director's lack of preparation for the project, and then went on to tell us about what he would've liked its follow up to have focused on. I did get it (and most of the rest of that panel) on film, and I thought I had that section of it uploaded somewhere, and yet I can't seem to find it on Facebook or YouTube, but I know I have the video on my computer at home (I'm at my brother's house, atm), so I'll reupload it later today and post it here for you.
                Thanks so much. That would be great.

My latest video in which I visit an ancient broch and cairns: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxY2hYR6GXw

Comment

There was never, ever going to be a Source trilogy. That was just buzz from TPTB in press releases.

Comment

Thanks so much. That would be great.
                    Alright, here we go.

Comment

Alright, here we go.
                      Thanks. That was very interesting. I'm glad he's able to be so frank about these things. I wonder if he has any control over Highlander as a property in the present day, or at least past content.

Comment

If you order the HLWW8 or 9 DVDs, Adrian and David and everyone talk pretty candidly about the Source, even then. "A gilded turd" was David's words, rather famously to everyone there. Dimension wanted a slasher film and sort of shuttered David's Source script.

Comment

This wasn't exactly a convention, but a funny experience re an actor, Paul Johansson's, scheduled meetings with groups of fans. Another fan and I trekked up to Toronto (from upstate New York), only to discover that I'd misremembered the date! So...we turned around and traveled a long way in the opposite direction. I think it was Tennessee. We did get to a meeting, and Paul was great with the fans, though I don't recall any specifics. I'm sure we regaled the group with the story of our travels, and everyone had a good laugh.

Comment

Thanks. That was very interesting. I'm glad he's able to be so frank about these things. I wonder if he has any control over Highlander as a property in the present day, or at least past content.
                            He's generally frank, except when he's signed a contact forbidding it. That's why I enjoy reading/hearing what he has to say.
                            “A sinner can always repent, but stupid is forever.”
                            Billy Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by Colleengael View Post
                              Please share your first face to face meeting with the cast at a con.

I was sharing an elevator at Syndicon in Baltimore with Elizabeth and Peter. I had a jewel colored knitted wrap to keep me warm in the air conditioned building. Elizabeth spoke first and asked me where I got my beautiful wrap. I told her it was my own work. Peter joked that they now knew who to find if it got cold up on the stage because the hotel kept the convention rooms temperatures around sixty degrees.

(My wrap is over seven feet long and was designed for a tall person to wear down to the knees.)
                              That sounds really great! I want it, too but I don't know how. Can you show me how to you have the first face to face meeting?
                              MONSU 2 Games (apk) free download for Android/PC/Windows. New endless mode is coming now!The fantasy exploration for the mysterious treasures is openingRun, Jump, Fly or even Ride the dragon! Monsu is a fun platform game with collectible cards. Upgrade the cards, defeat the boss, and evolve your own boss. B

Comment

Just wondering if anyone else had a memorable meeting with the cast or crew that they would like to share. I do remember spending time at one of the cons with both Jim Byrnes and F. Braun McAsh as they discussed the realities of being a soldier in a war zone to a couple of teens who thought the job was romantic. Their single mom wanted her sons to talk to veterans before making up their minds. The gentlemen shared some of their experiences and then lightened the mood by sharing tales of the fun they had while filming Endgame. I still smile when I see Cracker Bob's spiked bat thanks to that night.

Comment

Working...
                                X