Favorite Ramirez moment in the film?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Ramirez moment in the film?

What is your favorite Ramirez moment in the film?

For me it is the scene where he is at the tailor shop getting a new suit made.

I'm a huge Connery fan but every scene of his in this was cringeworthy. It says a lot about H2, to me, that including Sean Connery into it actually succeeds in hurting the film even more than it already is.
    Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

When he's setting next to that Fox on the plain! and watches that safety video, Come on Andrew, tell me that wasn't some funny shit

Comment

Originally posted by Hatter76 View Post
        When he's setting next to that Fox on the plain! and watches that safety video, Come on Andrew, tell me that wasn't some funny shit
        More cringe. That video wouldn't exist on any airline, thus pulling me even further out of things.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post

More cringe. That video wouldn't exist on any airline, thus pulling me even further out of things.
          That's exactly whats so damn funny about it

Comment

I can just imagine how you would react if they showed that to you while you were on a plane

Comment

I can just imagine how you would react if they showed that to you while you were on a plane
              Oh, I would probably eat the armrests. Horrifying.

Comment

Oh, I would probably eat the armrests. Horrifying.
                no amount of money could get me on a plane, Ever!

Comment

Now you sound like my nephew. He prefers land himself. He doesn't trust the science behind the heavy tin cans in the air. Especially since so many of them are decades old.

As for the Ramirez scenes I took them all as tongue in cheek after seeing that they chose to make immortals from another planet. I never expected anything but B movie plot with the rest of the film. It was all just a big bad joke and I decided to just enjoy the silliness by telling myself Connor was experiencing a crazy dream after falling asleep at the opera. Even seeing Brigit Nielsen as the opera singer just added to the craziness we were being given. Boy, was I glad I went to the matinee instead of the evening show.

Comment

His first scene interrupting Hamlet has always been a favorite of mine.

Comment

I love his spar with Connor. "Now you ARE being ridiculoush!" But my fave moment of him, which may be my fave funny moment from all the films, is his argument with Connor over who got the most bullets.

Comment

Originally posted by Aleander View Post
                        I love his spar with Connor. "Now you ARE being ridiculoush!"
                        It seemed to exist only to give Ramirez some kind of fight in the movie.

Comment

It does. He really doesn't have a fuction other than to be sacrificed in the film, but he's so delightfully realized by the sparkling dialogue they gave him and Sean Connery's fun turn, that I forgive them slightly.

I mean, I just love his delivery of "Greetings, Highlander. You called?"

Comment

"Most people have a full measure of life, yet most people just watch it slowly drip away. But if you can summon it all up at one time, in one place... You can accomplish something glorious!"

Comment

• dubiousbystander
                              dubiousbystander commented
                              Editing a comment
                              That was my headline on a webpage of mine, for quite a few years!

Its brilliant. Corny, cheesy, sure - but man, does Connery deliver there. He sells it effortlessly and makes it poignant.

And who can forget "Who knowsh, MacLeod? Who knowsh?" So wonderful, its really one of the great last lines for any character in fiction.

Comment

This, but the pre-2004 version of the scene, where his subsequent, "...[Like] to sit on men's faces" dialogue isn't downmixed to nothingness, due to the producers later chickening out on that bit.

Comment

Though that stupid... what was it? "Later, dude!" Really. REALLY.

Comment

• Tootsie Bee
                                  Tootsie Bee commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Do you mean, "Hit it, dude!" from the MAX break-in scene?

• dubiousbystander
                                  dubiousbystander commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Ah, yes. I did mean that. Thank you , Tootsie Bee!

"Your time is now!"

"Hey, that globe was a gift, you Zeistish peacock!"

That video wouldn't exist on any airline, thus pulling me even further out of things.
                                I'll remember not to invite you over for my RoboCop marathon...
                                __________________________________________________

"Really? We are trapped in a room with a machine that can cut off my head. Now that's a longshot."
                                --Connor MacLeod in Peter Bellwood's original Highlander II script

Comment

I'd have to agree with Takk, Ramirez interrupting the Hamlet play and stealing all the applause gets the biggest laugh from me, followed by his visit to the tailor.

I always thought the tailor must also own an antique shop or be a jeweler because as soon as Connery takes his earring off and offers it in exchange for clothes, the tailor instantly recognizes it as being extremely valuable. How would your average tailor know something like that? Of course, there's something about most scenes in this film that beg questions like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Colleengael View Post
                                    What is your favorite Ramirez moment in the film?

For me it is the scene where he is at the tailor shop getting a new suit made.
                                    There Is Nothing Like A CHALLENGE To Bring Out The BEST In A Man

Comment

Hard To Say Which Scene Was My Favorite. Although I His GRAND Entrance During Hamlet Made Me Laugh -
                                      Here Hung Those Lips I've Kissed I Know Not How Oft
                                      Sir... Whatever You Gentlemen Felt For Each Other When Your Friend Was Still Alive... Is Certainly None Of My Affair.

Comment

Originally posted by Aleander View Post
                                        But my fave moment of him, which may be my fave funny moment from all the films, is his argument with Connor over who got the most bullets.
                                        That's my favorite part of the movie
                                        Gonna change my evil ways...one of these days

Comment

• The Eaglehawk
                                          The Eaglehawk commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          ANOTHER One Of My Favorites.

What About Them?
                                          No. They Were Both Dead Before The Car Stopped. I'm Surprised They GOT As Far As They Did. Ya Know, They Must've Collected Over 100 Bullets Or So.
                                          -Conner Awakens- 108
                                          -Ramirez Awakens- 112 Myself
                                          Ah Come On, You're Not Counting That Little SCRATCH Right There Are You
                                          What Are You Talking About? It Passed Right THROUGH Me

LOVED The Doctor's Reaction Too LOL
                                      Working...
                                      X