• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Eaglehawk
    commented on 's reply
    ANOTHER One Of My Favorites.

What About Them?
    No. They Were Both Dead Before The Car Stopped. I'm Surprised They GOT As Far As They Did. Ya Know, They Must've Collected Over 100 Bullets Or So.
    -Conner Awakens- 108
    -Ramirez Awakens- 112 Myself
    Ah Come On, You're Not Counting That Little SCRATCH Right There Are You
    What Are You Talking About? It Passed Right THROUGH Me

LOVED The Doctor's Reaction Too LOL

• Haplo
    replied
    Originally posted by Aleander View Post
    But my fave moment of him, which may be my fave funny moment from all the films, is his argument with Connor over who got the most bullets.
    That's my favorite part of the movie

Leave a comment:

• The Eaglehawk
    replied
    Hard To Say Which Scene Was My Favorite. Although I His GRAND Entrance During Hamlet Made Me Laugh -
    Here Hung Those Lips I've Kissed I Know Not How Oft
    Sir... Whatever You Gentlemen Felt For Each Other When Your Friend Was Still Alive... Is Certainly None Of My Affair.

Leave a comment:

• The Eaglehawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Colleengael View Post
    What is your favorite Ramirez moment in the film?

For me it is the scene where he is at the tailor shop getting a new suit made.
    There Is Nothing Like A CHALLENGE To Bring Out The BEST In A Man

Leave a comment:

• killabrew
    replied
    I'd have to agree with Takk, Ramirez interrupting the Hamlet play and stealing all the applause gets the biggest laugh from me, followed by his visit to the tailor.

I always thought the tailor must also own an antique shop or be a jeweler because as soon as Connery takes his earring off and offers it in exchange for clothes, the tailor instantly recognizes it as being extremely valuable. How would your average tailor know something like that? Of course, there's something about most scenes in this film that beg questions like that.

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    commented on 's reply
    Ah, yes. I did mean that. Thank you , Tootsie Bee!

• Tootsie Bee
    replied
    "Your time is now!"

"Hey, that globe was a gift, you Zeistish peacock!"

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
    That video wouldn't exist on any airline, thus pulling me even further out of things.
    I'll remember not to invite you over for my RoboCop marathon...

Leave a comment:

• Tootsie Bee
    commented on 's reply
    Do you mean, "Hit it, dude!" from the MAX break-in scene?

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    Though that stupid... what was it? "Later, dude!" Really. REALLY.

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    commented on 's reply
    That was my headline on a webpage of mine, for quite a few years!

• Leto II
    replied
    Originally posted by Hatter76 View Post
    When he's setting next to that Fox on the plain! and watches that safety video, Come on Andrew, tell me that wasn't some funny shit
    This, but the pre-2004 version of the scene, where his subsequent, "...[Like] to sit on men's faces" dialogue isn't downmixed to nothingness, due to the producers later chickening out on that bit.

Leave a comment:

• Aleander
    replied
    Its brilliant. Corny, cheesy, sure - but man, does Connery deliver there. He sells it effortlessly and makes it poignant.

And who can forget "Who knowsh, MacLeod? Who knowsh?" So wonderful, its really one of the great last lines for any character in fiction.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Kirk
    replied
    "Most people have a full measure of life, yet most people just watch it slowly drip away. But if you can summon it all up at one time, in one place... You can accomplish something glorious!"

Leave a comment:

• Aleander
    replied
    It does. He really doesn't have a fuction other than to be sacrificed in the film, but he's so delightfully realized by the sparkling dialogue they gave him and Sean Connery's fun turn, that I forgive them slightly.

I mean, I just love his delivery of "Greetings, Highlander. You called?"

Leave a comment:

• Andrew NDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Aleander View Post
    I love his spar with Connor. "Now you ARE being ridiculoush!"
    It seemed to exist only to give Ramirez some kind of fight in the movie.

Leave a comment:

• Aleander
    replied
    I love his spar with Connor. "Now you ARE being ridiculoush!" But my fave moment of him, which may be my fave funny moment from all the films, is his argument with Connor over who got the most bullets.

Leave a comment:

• Takk
    replied
    His first scene interrupting Hamlet has always been a favorite of mine.

Leave a comment:

• Colleengael
    replied
    Now you sound like my nephew. He prefers land himself. He doesn't trust the science behind the heavy tin cans in the air. Especially since so many of them are decades old.

As for the Ramirez scenes I took them all as tongue in cheek after seeing that they chose to make immortals from another planet. I never expected anything but B movie plot with the rest of the film. It was all just a big bad joke and I decided to just enjoy the silliness by telling myself Connor was experiencing a crazy dream after falling asleep at the opera. Even seeing Brigit Nielsen as the opera singer just added to the craziness we were being given. Boy, was I glad I went to the matinee instead of the evening show.

Leave a comment:

• Hatter76
    replied

Oh, I would probably eat the armrests. Horrifying.
    no amount of money could get me on a plane, Ever!

Leave a comment:

• Andrew NDB
    replied

I can just imagine how you would react if they showed that to you while you were on a plane
    Oh, I would probably eat the armrests. Horrifying.

Leave a comment:

• Hatter76
    replied

More cringe. That video wouldn't exist on any airline, thus pulling me even further out of things.
    I can just imagine how you would react if they showed that to you while you were on a plane

Leave a comment:

• Hatter76
    replied

More cringe. That video wouldn't exist on any airline, thus pulling me even further out of things.
    That's exactly whats so damn funny about it

Leave a comment:

• Andrew NDB
    replied
    When he's setting next to that Fox on the plain! and watches that safety video, Come on Andrew, tell me that wasn't some funny shit

Leave a comment:

• Hatter76
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Andrew NDB
    replied
    I'm a huge Connery fan but every scene of his in this was cringeworthy. It says a lot about H2, to me, that including Sean Connery into it actually succeeds in hurting the film even more than it already is.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X