Alternative endings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative endings

Different endings to Highlander II. Which one do you like most?
    May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

^ Yeah, I've always had a soft spot for the U.S. theatrical ending, there (as editorially-butchered as that version of the film was), so that's the alternative ending that gets my vote. Though it seems that that clip is missing the music and Ramirez's final voiceover.

Comment

I prefer the editing of the SE's ending, but I miss Ramirez saying, "You both still have your full measure of life. Use it well, and your future will be glorious." I like the effect of Connor and Louise kissing as silhouettes, but that ending is otherwise quite terrible. It didn't even work in the script, let alone on film. Speaking of the script, it had a beat that's missing from all versions, where we see people from around the world looking up and witnessing the disappearance of the shield. It's one of the victims of the production woes, undoubtedly.

"Really? We are trapped in a room with a machine that can cut off my head. Now that's a longshot."
      --Connor MacLeod in Peter Bellwood's original Highlander II script

Comment

Imagine the terror that would have generated, because most people know that the Shield going down is going to kill them.

Comment

Mass hysteria, riots and plunder would be quite the ending!
          May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

Comment

Originally posted by Tootsie Bee View Post
            I prefer the editing of the SE's ending, but I miss Ramirez saying, "You both still have your full measure of life. Use it well, and your future will be glorious." I like the effect of Connor and Louise kissing as silhouettes, but that ending is otherwise quite terrible. It didn't even work in the script, let alone on film. Speaking of the script, it had a beat that's missing from all versions, where we see people from around the world looking up and witnessing the disappearance of the shield. It's one of the victims of the production woes, undoubtedly.
            Well put -- and it definitely makes one wish that the director and producers had had the money available to fully realize all of the unfilmed sections of the screenplay the way it was originally intended. Love that final Ramirez voiceover, too.

Comment

I prefer the SE ending.
              The theatrical ending is too short, too simple.

Comment

Working...
              X