Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite New character in Endgame

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Favorite New character in Endgame

    Which of the new characters did you like? Which did you wish for more background on?

    I wanted more background info on Kate and Jin Ke. Same thing with Cracker Bob. How did they come to join Kell? I would have liked to have a flashback or two showing how or why they were so loyal to the nut job. It would have given the posse more depth. I do believe that Jin Ke stuck around to try and protect the others from Kell as well as to train them. It was implied that he was Mai Ling's teacher because Duncan knew of him.

  • #2
    Jin Ke. What the hell happened to this ancient and seemingly level-headed fellow that made him think joining a nut job like Kell was a good idea. It didn't add up but maybe there was a deeper meaning.

    Comment


    • #3
      Cracker Bob and Winston Erhuero. Why did Cracker Bob think taking fashion advice from Kate was OK and how did Winston become the leader of the pack over Jin Ke?
      May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

      Comment


      • #4
        Even though he kicked Duncan's ass...Jin Ke. That whole fight scene had me mesmerized.

        Comment


        • #5
          Donnie Yen is always the best thing in any movie he's in, so Jin Ke, hands down.

          Comment


          • #6
            Kate cause she's a woman.
            It's getting funky up in herre!

            Midnight Rambler formerly known as...

            Comment


            • #7
              Kate: Fell in love with Duncan. Married Duncan. Was murdered by Duncan. Fled the man who murdered her. Found by Kell in a brothel. Believes she could have had children and so forth had Duncan not murdered her. Present day is a fashion designer. Fashion is a mystery to me. Acted like a sociopath, which I suppose you'd have to BE not to mind Kell doing horrible things to every person who had contact with Connor. Except he waited until Rachel was old, because reasons. And he left Duncan alone, because TV show.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by dubiousbystander View Post
                And he left Duncan alone, because TV show.
                Well, there's not much point in killing Duncan while Connor is already in the Sanctuary. He'd want that wound to be sudden and fresh, like the others.
                Highlander: Dark Places

                Comment


                • dubiousbystander
                  dubiousbystander commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I mean something more along the line that if Kell's been really stalking Connor this whole time, Duncan would have had a very short life.

              • #9
                Jin Ke, and only him. The rest are a mix of unpleasent emo people and downright cartoonish stereotypes. Not much to see here.

                Comment


                • #10
                  I like them all to be honest. Carlos seems to be the least interesting, but we only see him for two seconds. Still, all of Kell's disciples have ten times the character and personality than either of Kane's henchmen in Highlander 3. As I keep saying with Endgame—we needed a longer film. If I have to pick a favourite, I'm going to go with Kell himself. He's the most interesting antagonist in all of Highlander to me because for once they weren't trying to just recreate the Kurgan. If we had more information on Kell and what he presented his "quest for justice" as to the others, we'd gain a better understanding of why the likes of Jin Ke would join him in the first place.
                  Formerly known as "Quickening"

                  My latest video in which I visit an ancient broch and cairns: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxY2hYR6GXw

                  Comment


                  • #11
                    Originally posted by David McMurdo View Post
                    I like them all to be honest. Carlos seems to be the least interesting, but we only see him for two seconds. Still, all of Kell's disciples have ten times the character and personality than either of Kane's henchmen in Highlander 3. As I keep saying with Endgame—we needed a longer film. If I have to pick a favourite, I'm going to go with Kell himself. He's the most interesting antagonist in all of Highlander to me because for once they weren't trying to just recreate the Kurgan. If we had more information on Kell and what he presented his "quest for justice" as to the others, we'd gain a better understanding of why the likes of Jin Ke would join him in the first place.
                    Yeah, I'm with you on Kell. It almost seems like there's a missing, perhaps more interesting movie. I remember the profiles and backstories and how Kell met them on the old Endgame official website were fairly compelling.
                    Highlander: Dark Places

                    Comment


                    • Colleengael
                      Colleengael commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Were these backstories from the unused scripts that were shared?
                      Last edited by Colleengael; 05-24-2017, 05:29 AM. Reason: Auto correct changed my words again

                  • #12
                    Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post

                    Yeah, I'm with you on Kell. It almost seems like there's a missing, perhaps more interesting movie. I remember the profiles and backstories and how Kell met them on the old Endgame official website were fairly compelling.
                    I'd completely forgotten about that. I seem to remember Kell rescuing Winston from a slave ship or something along those lines, so maybe Winston figured that he owed him one. Can't remember about the others.

                    It would be pretty hard to imagine how Kell would have justified forming his little group if not for the fact that he's not interested in winning the Prize. Maybe he was like, "look, I'm super powerful. Stick with me and you really can live forever." Though again, for someone like Jin Ke to join him there'd have to be more to it. Maybe Jin Ke has some other quest and it's just useful for him to have the protection of Kell and the posse.
                    Formerly known as "Quickening"

                    My latest video in which I visit an ancient broch and cairns: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxY2hYR6GXw

                    Comment


                    • #13
                      Originally posted by David McMurdo View Post

                      I'd completely forgotten about that. I seem to remember Kell rescuing Winston from a slave ship or something along those lines, so maybe Winston figured that he owed him one. Can't remember about the others.

                      It would be pretty hard to imagine how Kell would have justified forming his little group if not for the fact that he's not interested in winning the Prize. Maybe he was like, "look, I'm super powerful. Stick with me and you really can live forever." Though again, for someone like Jin Ke to join him there'd have to be more to it. Maybe Jin Ke has some other quest and it's just useful for him to have the protection of Kell and the posse.
                      It's interesting to ponder. There's no way it was just Kell going around, Immortal to Immortal, trying to sell them on, "Look, Jin Ke, Connor MacLeod is out there and we really, REALLY need to screw with him. Like badly. He killed my father, and my father was, like, this super priest. Total man of God. So yes, we absolutely need to mess with him for the next few hundred years. Are you down??"
                      Highlander: Dark Places

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X