Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Donut View Post
    Much thanks for the info.
    I got the German DVD. To my surprise, it looked really good compared to the US disc of the Producer's Cut that always seemed very soft looking.
    No extras other than the trailers. It looks like it was asking for a second disc that has bonus material but there was only one disc in the casing.

Was a real treat to see the theatrical Cut on a big HDTV for the first time.

Looks like they stripped the bonus disc from the original 2-disc edition for the reissue but kept the design for the feature disc. You won't miss it though as they recycled most if not all the extras thoughout the various worldwide releases. Remind me, does the US release feature the infamous trailer? The bonus disc comes with that in English (windowboxed 16:9) while the main feature disc has the same in German (4:3). No doubt stripping the extras from the main feature disc ensures better compression as well so no doubt why it bests the US disc.

Comment

Funny enough, I've been packing up to move for the past few days, and I actually stumbled across disc 2 of this release last night. I have a weird habit of consolidating multiple versions of films into a single case, so disc 1 was placed with my HK BD, along with disc 2 of the US DVD, so I have easy access to all three versions, but instead of placing this disc 2 on my usual spindle of superfluous extra discs, it somehow managed to hide behind my nightstand. Not really relevant to the discussion, just kinda sorta related, so I figured I'd mention it.

Comment

Originally posted by The One With The Prize View Post

Looks like they stripped the bonus disc from the original 2-disc edition for the reissue but kept the design for the feature disc. You won't miss it though as they recycled most if not all the extras thoughout the various worldwide releases. Remind me, does the US release feature the infamous trailer? The bonus disc comes with that in English (windowboxed 16:9) while the main feature disc has the same in German (4:3). No doubt stripping the extras from the main feature disc ensures better compression as well so no doubt why it bests the US disc.
        Ahh that explains it.
        Would have been nice to have had that trailer archived on disc.
        The US release didn't include any trailers or tv spots for the film. It had a handful of trailers for Dimension releases like the home video trailer for Highlander 3, The Crow 3 , Scream, etc.

Power to the Donut!

Comment

Just noticed that the Theatrical Cut is now available to stream on Hulu here in the US. Interesting to see an HD release of it finally pop up, but it looks like it's just an upscale. It's not as bad as the Highlander 2 BD, but it's also no where near as good as the Endgame Producer's Cut BD releases that are out there. Nice enough for any curious parties who haven't seen the original version, though.

Comment

Working...
          X