Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't Duncan keep and use Connor's sword?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why didn't Duncan keep and use Connor's sword?

You know, after Connor died?
    Highlander: Dark Places

deactivate
    Last edited by highlander90s; 02-11-2019, 10:30 PM.

Comment

deactivate
      Last edited by highlander90s; 02-11-2019, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by highlander90s View Post
        The sword that Duncan had was a "part of him", as Connors sword was a part of him.
        Though if we assume H3 is canonical, Connor only had that sword for a few months before Sanctuary time... and then for only like a few days afterward.
        Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

I have to
          Last edited by highlander90s; 02-11-2019, 10:36 PM.

Comment

do so
            Last edited by highlander90s; 02-11-2019, 07:57 PM.

Comment

It would be fair to assume that he didn't value it as a potential weapon because it was no longer the sword made by a Masamune, which he had been shown to greatly respect and even collect in the series, so it's only value would be as a piece of his mentor, and given that we've seen him burying loved ones' belongings with them before, it just seems logical that he would leave the sword with Connor. This would explain what he did with the old clan claymore grave marker, as well, as taking the time to bury it alongside Connor properly would be a simple task that he would be more than willing to undertake.

Comment

I think I'll go with the idea that Duncan buried Connor's sword with him because it was his sword. The sword didn't belong to Duncan, it belonged to Connor, and he felt that it should stay with Connor. He's showing respect to his fallen brother.

Comment

Working...
                X