Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H3 alternate cuts

heya all
    I have been looking at alternate cuts of the Highlander movies. for H3 I have the us directors cut, the eu theatrical cut , the JP BR version as am aware of the minor edits made to the us theatrical cut . I came across a reference on the workprint vault about a network tv version of the Final Dimension with alternate scenes. Can anyone clarify what the scenes are and the differences?
    many thanks

According to this comment on reddit there are 4 cuts. I do not know the differences between them.

Takk might know more though judging by this comment.
    May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholas Ward View Post
      According to this comment on reddit there are 4 cuts. I do not know the differences between them.

That there are possibly six variations of Highlander 2 delights me a little!

Comment

There 4 alternate cuts of Highlander:
        The Final Dimension

• Theatrical Cut (1995)
        - PG-13. It's never been released.

• The Director's Cut (1998 DVD)
        - Kane says "Highlander owes me for 400 years".
        - Updated CGI effects.
        - Kane teleports from Japan to New York.
        - The Rock song "God Took A Picture" By the Suze DeMarchi and Nuno Bettencourt plays over the final credits.

• International Cut / European (2005 & 2011 DVD's)
        - Kane says "Highlander owes me for all those years".
        - No updated CGI.
        - Kane doesn't teleport to New York.
        - The song "Bonny Portmore" by Loreena McKennitt plays over the final credits.

Notes: There's a 2014 Australian region free Blu-Ray DVD and I can confirm that it's the same version as the 2005 / 2011 International Cut / European DVD's. The Blu-Ray quality is okay.

• Digital Version (2017)
        - Kane says "Highlander owes me for 400 years".
        - No updated CGI.
        - Kane doesn't teleport to New York.
        - The Rock song "God Took A Picture" By the Suze DeMarchi and Nuno Bettencourt plays over the final credits.

Notes:

This Version can only be owned through Highlander: 5-film Collection DVD in USA. It's exactly the same cut as the 2017 Digital format's such as Vudu/iTunes/ Fandango/Amazon Prime Video.

There's a 2015 Japanese region free Blu-Ray DVD and I can confirm that it's the same version as the 2017 Digital format releases. This Blu-Ray is the best one out there it looks amazing and better than the previous DVD's and any of the Digital format's. The Logo is in English and so is the Blu-Ray DVD menus.
        Last edited by Fidel2525; 06-17-2021, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X