Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kane would have made a bigger impact as a villain if he had killed John MacLeod.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kane would have made a bigger impact as a villain if he had killed John MacLeod.

It would take only the removal of 2 scenes: where John comes down the stairs to kneel next to Connor and the one with Connor, Alex and John inside the car.
    Yes, implicating John MacLeods death would have made Kane a better villain.
    100.00%
    No, it would have made him worse and could have villified the police officers.
    0%
    May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

It's still tricky. For me, it's not so straightforward. The removal of the scenes wouldn't really have been enough. Adding a voiceover with him taunting MacLeod over how he'd killed John, though... Did Kane kill any non-Immortals in the movie? He's rather the opposite of Katana, who killed only mortals in HL2. Heh

Comment

Originally posted by dubiousbystander View Post
      It's still tricky. For me, it's not so straightforward. The removal of the scenes wouldn't really have been enough. Adding a voiceover with him taunting MacLeod over how he'd killed John, though... Did Kane kill any non-Immortals in the movie? He's rather the opposite of Katana, who killed only mortals in HL2. Heh
      Yes, Kane and his henchmen butchered and burned an entire village in the beginning of the movie.
      Also I think having John dissapear as an illusion and then Kane rising towards the crucifix in the church would be getting the point across quite enough. But I guess having Connor call for John after the quickening could be left in as well.

Comment

I admit that I haven't seen Highlander 3 in awhile, but it seems to me like the big issue with having Kane kill John is that one would think that would have a profound affect on Connor, and you would need to show that affect. You can break a man by taking away his children, regardless of whether they're related biologically or are adopted. I don't think simply removing a couple of scenes would be enough to show the impact that this could have on Connor. You'd need to change a significant amount of the film to show Connor struggling to cope with his loss while dealing with Kane at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Reaper View Post
          I admit that I haven't seen Highlander 3 in awhile, but it seems to me like the big issue with having Kane kill John is that one would think that would have a profound affect on Connor, and you would need to show that affect. You can break a man by taking away his children, regardless of whether they're related biologically or are adopted. I don't think simply removing a couple of scenes would be enough to show the impact that this could have on Connor. You'd need to change a significant amount of the film to show Connor struggling to cope with his loss while dealing with Kane at the same time.
          Since Connor would only find out at the end of the film after he beheaded Kane and realises John isn't there after he called out to him, I think it would work.
          But changing the ending voiceover into something dramatic could work as well.
          Then the point of showing Heathers grave is telling he buried his beloved son there too. There's already a fan edit that shows Kells boot next to the sword. It would fit nicely into that too.

Comment

Eh, having the movie end with Connor defeating Kane, only to discover that he’d killed his son, is too depressing for my liking. I prefer to see the hero actually win the day.

Comment

Working...
            X