X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A comparison between the theatrical version and the directors cut

Here is a comparison between the theatrical version and the directors cut:

https://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=1298

The original effect of the sunglasses wowed me when I first saw it. In the directors cut it's too flashy in my opinion.

May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

In my opinion, everything Kane do is TOO Flashy ...
    La Peur Tue l'Esprit ...

Comment

This is actually just a comparison of The Sorceror and the Final Dimension Director's Cut. It's important to remember that The Sorceror cut was the theatrical version in the international market (even where the title was altered further). The differences between these cuts is well documented, but is only truly a matter of effects and musical cues, resulting in pretty much the same movie regardless. The theatrical Final Dimension cut, on the other hand, is several minutes shorter, features some alternate dialog, and actually pulled a PG-13 rating for its release in the US. This is a version that has never been released on home video, and is what is most often referred to as 'the theatrical cut'. As such, this thread got me excited to see where the linked site had gotten their hands on it for comparison, and then immediately disappointed me with old information pertaining to The Sorceror cut. Oh, well.

Comment

There 4 alternate cuts of Highlander:
        The Final Dimension

• Theatrical Cut (1995)
        - PG-13. It's never been released.

• The Director's Cut (1998 DVD)
        - Kane says "Highlander owes me for 400 years".
        - Updated CGI effects.
        - Kane teleports from Japan to New York.
        - The Rock song "God Took A Picture" By the Suze DeMarchi and Nuno Bettencourt plays over the final credits.

• International Cut / European (2005 & 2011 DVD's)
        - Kane says "Highlander owes me for all those years".
        - No updated CGI.
        - Kane doesn't teleport to New York.
        - The song "Bonny Portmore" by Loreena McKennitt plays over the final credits.

Notes: There's a 2014 Australian region free Blu-Ray DVD and I can confirm that it's the same version as the 2005 / 2011 International Cut / European DVD's. The Blu-Ray quality is okay.

• Digital Version (2017)
        - Kane says "Highlander owes me for 400 years".
        - No updated CGI.
        - Kane doesn't teleport to New York.
        - The Rock song "God Took A Picture" By the Suze DeMarchi and Nuno Bettencourt plays over the final credits.

Notes:

This Version can only be owned through Highlander: 5-film Collection DVD in USA. It's exactly the same cut as the 2017 Digital format's such as Vudu/iTunes/ Fandango/Amazon Prime Video.

There's a 2015 Japanese region free Blu-Ray DVD and I can confirm that it's the same version as the 2017 Digital format releases. This Blu-Ray is the best one out there it looks amazing and better than the previous DVD's and any of the Digital format's. The Logo is in English and so is the Blu-Ray DVD menus.
        Last edited by Fidel2525; 06-17-2021, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X