Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More delays for Highlander remake or is the reboot truly dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More delays for Highlander remake or is the reboot truly dead?

A couple of months ago I read an article about a law made in the 70s where after 35 years the rights of an IP reverting back to its original creator... And if the math checks out by 2021 the rights of Highlander could possibly return to Gregory Widen. Considering that Stahelski is busy with John Wick 4 now and despite showing how passionate he is about the remake could Lionsgate let the IP go and Gregory Widen trying to oversee the remake under a different studio or will Highlander lose his head?
    Writers are reportedly serving studios with termination notices left and right

I don't think Widen ever owned any rights for them to revert back to him.
    Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

• Niklander
      Niklander commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah he gave the characters and all but nothing stops him from claiming them back now IF he wants to which is why I think the reboot hasn't moved to production for the last 4 years with Stahelski

• Andrew NDB
      Andrew NDB commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think that's the way that works.

Good reboots are quite rare.

Comment

My question is "Do we need a reboot or a remake ?" ... Humm ...
      La Peur Tue l'Esprit ...

Comment

A reboot IS a remake, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by dubiousbystander View Post
          A reboot IS a remake, I think.
          Hum ... Maybe ... It depend on the direction they give to the storyline. I think
          La Peur Tue l'Esprit ...

Comment

It's defitenely a reboot same characters,same mythos but not 100% trying to copy the original

Comment

I don't think it will ever be dead. We might be subjected to a painfully awful one, again. Only worse, because someone will say, "Hey, you know the CHiPs movie went over really well." "Oh, so did the Dark Shadows movie." "We should do Highlander like that." Me: GET AWAY FROM MY BELOVED HIGHLANDER!!!

Comment

I agree. I love the Planet of the Apes reboots, even though some POTA fans don’t feel it as much. But we’ve got some awful stuff too. You never can tell.

Comment

Originally posted by DuncansLass View Post
                  I agree. I love the Planet of the Apes reboots, even though some POTA fans don’t feel it as much. But we’ve got some awful stuff too. You never can tell.
                  Well. Not the 2001 movie for me.

Comment

Originally posted by dubiousbystander View Post

Well. Not the 2001 movie for me.
                    It definitely failed to justify a new series but it was... interesting in its own right. Kind of like "The Time Traveler" remake. Interesting, but not super engaging.
                    Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

Highlander: Reunion was enjoyable.

Comment

Working...
                      X