Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Highlander remake news to celebrate the 35th anniversary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highlander remake news to celebrate the 35th anniversary?

First of all to all my fellow Immortals I wish a Happy New Year.

I have been thinking since March will be the 35th anniversary of the original movie wouldn't it be kinda cool if we got some massive news for the remake?(Hopefully a new director)

What do you all think?

I think there will be no news because there's no progress whatsoever.
    May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

Comment

• Niklander
      Niklander commented
      Editing a comment
      To be honest I am expecting for the IP to be put back in the market and maybe an another studio(Universal,Warner Bros,SONY) digs in.

• Nicholas Ward
      Nicholas Ward commented
      Editing a comment
      That might happen when the original owner and some of the creators die.

Hi Niklander! When I was scrolling by, I thought for a second this was about celebrating the 35th anniversary of the RUMOR.

I believe there's been progress. Or perhaps I wish to believe.

Comment

[QUOTE=dubiousbystander;n13214]Hi Niklander! When I was scrolling by, I thought for a second this was about celebrating the 35th anniversary of the RUMOR.

I believe there's been progress. Or perhaps I wish to believe.[/Q

I have read like 5 scripts of the remake(From the time period when Justin Lin,Juan Carlos Fresnadillo and Cedric Nicolas Troyan were attached) and every single one is good like it takes what we know from the original and builds up on it.

At this point I think Lionsgate just doesn't care about it...

Comment

Originally posted by Niklander View Post
        At this point I think Lionsgate just doesn't care about it...
        Hard to say, but all evidence suggests that Chad Stahelski does care very much about it. I'm pinning my hopes there.

Comment

Originally posted by dubiousbystander View Post
          Hi Niklander! When I was scrolling by, I thought for a second this was about celebrating the 35th anniversary of the RUMOR.

I believe there's been progress. Or perhaps I wish to believe.
          At this point reviving the franchise has slipped through the cracks so many times with no many people coming on board only to leave months later that I treat it as a nice surprise that may or may not happen instead of anticipating it

Comment

Originally posted by CryptidWorks View Post

At this point reviving the franchise has slipped through the cracks so many times with no many people coming on board only to leave months later that I treat it as a nice surprise that may or may not happen instead of anticipating it
            I like that. Works for me!

Comment

Now that Peter Davis has died too I wonder what the effect will be on the distribution of rights, if any.
              May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholas Ward View Post
                Now that Peter Davis has died too I wonder what the effect will be on the distribution of rights, if any.
                Ah, it saddens me to think of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholas Ward View Post
                  From what I read apparently Peter Davis's son will handle the production of the remake but I wonder if this will stall the movie or it somehow picks up momentum

Comment

Recent news reports are saying Henry Cavill is being considered for the lead role...
                    https://deadline.com/2021/05/henry-c...ki-1234761916/

Comment

I'm excited about Cavill! But oh, the world we live in.

Comment

Maybe the remake will be more like the tv series with Henry Cavill ... He is so TOUGH ...
                        La Peur Tue l'Esprit ...

Comment

Working...
                        X