Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Henry Cavill cast in Highlander Remake BUT who does he play???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henry Cavill cast in Highlander Remake BUT who does he play???

The news are out we got someone to join the Highlander remake and it is none other than Henry Cavill (Man Of Steel,Mission Impossible Fallout,The Witcher,Immortals among many other films) but the news don't mention who he plays and even though Henry confirmed his involvement in a funny post on his Instagram the question still remains: Is he playing Connor or a whole new original character???

I got some theories but it would be cooler if others joined in.

Oh, man, in the Highlander groups on Facebook, we're STILL getting brand new posts from people who think they're the first to say!

I'm really excited. He's a fine actor, and so far as I know, a pretty nice man.

Comment

I guess we'll have to wait and see. I just hope that whatever role he'll play, he'll have good chemistry with the rest of the cast.
      If they have a good time making it, it'll show.
      May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

Comment

• Niklander
        Niklander commented
        Editing a comment
        I am having this idea that maybe the remake will have both Connor and Duncan and Connor is the mentor paving the way for Duncan but we have to wait and see who else gets cast

I hope Henry’s playing Connor. That would be a step in the right direction.

Comment

I think Henry might be better as Ramirez than Connor, but whatever he plays I'm glad to hear that an actor of his caliber is interested in the Highlander franchise.

Comment

He might be playing Angus! It's a great step, moving forward.

Comment

Angus? Angus MacLeod?
            JB

Comment

Originally posted by johnnybear View Post
              Angus? Angus MacLeod?
              JB
              Sure! I'm only joking a little. He's likely to be a main character, if he's not Connor himself.

Comment

I'm trying to think of an actor who would pee his kilt all the time. Maybe that guy who played Ramsey Snow in Game of Thrones.

The original actor who played Angus is great. I loved his Commander Mormont in GOT!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrus The Great View Post
                  The original actor who played Angus is great. I loved his Commander Mormont in GOT!
                  It's amazing just how many roles he's had! Love him!

Comment

I take it you've all seen Will "The Critical Drinker" Jordan's video "Highlander Doesn't need a Remake"

Comment

• Darth Reaper
                      Darth Reaper commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes I have, and I think I agreed with much of what he said. But, I think a remake can still be good if the people behind it do a good job. And, if they don't, I'll voice my disdain for them and their movie whenever I feel like it, and I'll have nothing to do with the thing ever again.

Part of me says that if they're bringing Henry Cavill into this it must be to play the lead, because I think that's the status that he's achieved at this point. But, there's also another part of me that says this could end up being a bait-and-switch. They lure us in with the promise of Henry Cavill, only to reveal that the main character is actually a woman, and Henry's playing Ramirez, or worse, her love interest. It would be a shame, because it would be a waste of Cavill's talent, but in this day and age I wouldn't put it past them.

Comment

• Niklander
                      Niklander commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That won't happen(I know where you come from and trust me that won't happen)

Every single script that I read before Stahelski signed up had Connor front and center. So my guess is he might be playing Connor or option 2 Connor will be mentoring Duncan since Stahelski said is a huge fan of the series so I believe that's the case.

• Darth Reaper
                      Darth Reaper commented
                      Editing a comment
                      He’s a fan of the series huh? That’s also a good sign. And, now that I think about it, I could see Cavill playing Duncan too.
                  Working...
                  X