Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if the remake has Connor serv as the mentor for the new movies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if the remake has Connor serv as the mentor for the new movies?

The thought occurred to me by a lot of factors

1)Henry's age,as much as I love the guy by the time Chad Stahelski is finally free from John Wick(Still unclear if he gets to direct Chapter 5 after he wraps Chapter 4)Henry will be 42 to 44 by the time cameras roll

2)He is the draw for audiences,man is very well versed to general audiences by playing Superman,Mission Impossible,Sherlock Holmes in Enola Holmes and now The Witcher sorta like how Sean Connery was the draw for the original movies.Yes I know the two of the can't be compared but you get what I am trying to say here.

3)His Instagram post when the news hit mentions how he was a fan of the show cause Adrian Paul's Duncan Macleod reminded him of his bigger brother.....I mean in a way Connor and Duncan are brothers.

What do you fellow Immortals think?

It's not like Connor has to be 18.

Comment

• Niklander
      Niklander commented
      Editing a comment
      True but then again Highlander always depicted Connor as an early/mid 20s dude which became a problem as the sequels Lambert was aging and I figured that Henry mentoring whoever gets to play Duncan would be kinda cool

What if Henry isn't playing Connor? What if he's playing another Highlander? I do not know. To me, the really best bet would be to get a 20 year old, use makeup to age him up, and have him play 30 year old Connor. Could probably pull that off for a good two decades. "He doesn't look 30 anymore like in the first movie!" "Well... technically, since he's 28, he looks younger."

Comment

• Niklander
      Niklander commented
      Editing a comment
      I was thinking he could be playing the Kurgan but his Instagram post hints that it's Connor since he is about to rediscover his Scottish roots

I suppose that idea could work, but I would prefer to see Connor as the main character, and I want to see Henry Cavill play him. If the point of this thing is to start over, they should start over with Connor. To do otherwise would be a waste of the character and Cavill.

Comment

I believe, too, he's going to be Connor. And I also am content with Connor no longer being supposed to be 18.

Comment

Working...
      X