Highlander Remake to film in 2022.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highlander Remake to film in 2022.

Something that I have seen for months. The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed while interviewing Henry Cavill back in November 2021 that the Highlander remake will film in 2022. Here's the mention during the interview

Cavill is currently filming Netflix’s Enola Holmes 2 with star Millie Bobby Brown, which will air in 2022 (“Enola goes out into the world and has more interaction with [Sherlock] now that she’s established herself as a character; we dive deeper into their relationship,” he says). Next year he’s expected to shoot Highlander, a new version on the immortal swordsman action-fantasy (which sources say netted the actor at least a $5 million payday). Cavill says Stahelski’s vision is a more grounded-in-reality take than the original movies and show, and will play a bit more like a modern tragedy, while the director says there were several reasons there could be only one actor for the role.

Henry obviously has the physicality, but that doesn’t mean a whole lot if you can’t also carry the empathy of a character that’s lived 500 years, and I needed somebody who could do both,” Stahelski says during a break from filming John Wick: Chapter 4, a franchise he says was partly inspired by the playful, magical realism tone of Highlander. “The character’s arc spans hundreds of years and he becomes many different personalities, all of which extend the timeline of his emotional growth. Then during our first meeting, my suspicions were confirmed: Henry was immediately riffing on the idea of the burden of immortality and you could see in his eyes that he can transform himself from being a young, vibrant soul to an old, wise soul. He had this combination I was fascinated by. The other thing you could see was his genuineness – he really loves the property and loves what he believes he can do with it, and when an actor has that level of passion, you’re going to get something unique. And finally – you’ve met him, you know – after 10 minutes you’re just like: ‘He’s cool, I want to hang out with this guy.'”

It's finally happening ladies and gentlemen,after all these years.

Here's a link to the interview https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/fe...an-1235044553/

We'll start hearing casting news for sure. Pretty soon.
    Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
      We'll start hearing casting news for sure. Pretty soon.
      I can't wait for this, it's been 15 years since the first announcement hit. Through ups and downs we are here, almost at the finish line.

Really looking forward who gets to play The Kurgan and Ramirez(Assuming if the character ends up being used)

Comment

Here’s hopin’.

Comment

I still don't see why. Does no one have any original ideas any more? Highlander was in fact a great original idea, but that doesn't mean another one can't be thought up. At the very least a new direction with new Immortals, not just a retread.

Comment

Originally posted by Ceridwen View Post
            I still don't see why. Does no one have any original ideas any more? Highlander was in fact a great original idea, but that doesn't mean another one can't be thought up. At the very least a new direction with new Immortals, not just a retread.
            I am curious to see what they'll do. It'll either be vastly different, or much the same. The only thing I want is for the story to be GOOD.

Comment

Based on what Hollywood has been shoveling recently, good luck with that hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Ceridwen View Post
                I think Highlander is uniquely suited to being given the remake treatment. Personally I'd rather they just go a soft reboot route with a new Highlander and all in the present, but I get it.
                Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

I hope they will not follow the formula of the original movie with a series of fight/quickenings leading to a climactic fight for "The Prize". I would like to see lots of flashbacks to different periods in Connor's life with the occasional fight/quickening, but I would also like the ending to be open ended with lots of immortals left alive for Connor to play with in future sequels.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrus The Great View Post
                    I hope they will not follow the formula of the original movie with a series of fight/quickenings leading to a climactic fight for "The Prize". I would like to see lots of flashbacks to different periods in Connor's life with the occasional fight/quickening, but I would also like the ending to be open ended with lots of immortals left alive for Connor to play with in future sequels.
                    Straight face. Of course they can follow that formula. Just use the logic of the TV series. It could be decades before the final fight!

Comment

Originally posted by dubiousbystander View Post

Straight face. Of course they can follow that formula. Just use the logic of the TV series. It could be decades before the final fight!
                      Chad Stahelski already confirmed in an interview that the remake won't have a conclusion......it will have an opening for more adventures of Connnor assuming folks respond well to it

Comment

Originally posted by Niklander View Post

Chad Stahelski already confirmed in an interview that the remake won't have a conclusion......it will have an opening for more adventures of Connnor assuming folks respond well to it
                        YES! Thank you Niklander.

Comment

My theory is that the Connor in this new story is going to have been born during modern times and the story will follow him through the years until The Gathering, which will take place hundreds of years into the future.

That would allow them to have the most realistic flashbacks as those scenes would actually be filmed during that point in history while the current film makers (and their descendants) continue to make the movie over the course of the next few centuries. So far they're only 15 years down, so we still have quite a ways to go. It's a bold choice, but they're certainly playing the long game with this one. We might all be dead, but our great-great-great-great-great grandchildren are going to dig it.
                          Last edited by n107; 05-06-2022, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X