Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Highlander remake goes radio silent.....AGAIN!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highlander remake goes radio silent.....AGAIN!!!!

It's been a year since the news hit that Henry Cavill has been cast as Connor for the remake but we haven't heard anything as to who else will join the project.

Normally I would say ''Nothing to worry about '' but given that Henry is still filming season 3 of The Witcher and John Wick Chapter 4 has been delayed all the way till March 2023 I am kinda nervous that maybe it might get delayed to the point where Chad Stahelski or Henry Cavill leave the remake and we go back to square one....AGAIN

It's frustratingly annoying.

Well, that is disheartening news. I have been looking forward to seeing Henry Cavill in the new Highlander movie. I hope it will still happen!

Comment

Not really a surprise though
      May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

Comment

I'll just take a deep breath and hope.

Comment

I'd call it a sign.

Comment

Anyway ... I have no hope about this "reboot" ... So, never mind for me
            La Peur Tue l'Esprit ...

Comment

Highlander needs to be done 'right'. They can take as long as they like with the remake providing they write a clever script that actually leaves the franchise open to coherent sequels.

Comment

I believe they're working darned hard on it!

Comment

I know they've got concept art from Alex Nice, i haven't heard much else about it.

Comment

Originally posted by durandal View Post
                    I know they've got concept art from Alex Nice, i haven't heard much else about it.
                    We talking Chad Stahelski's version or from the previous three directors?

Comment

• durandal
                      durandal commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Alex Nice is the artist on the current project. Robert McKinnon, Sebastian Meyer, Christian Scheurer did the concept art for previous incarnations.

• Niklander
                      Niklander commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Interesting,where do you get all of that stuff??

It really did seem like there was momentum. We could point to COVID, I guess, but... John Wick 4 moves along just fine and this doesn't?
                    Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

• durandal
                      durandal commented
                      Editing a comment
                      most likely problems finding funding. Previous project had an Angolan financier "Rui Costa Reis" attached who made a lot of Redbox style movies.

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                    It really did seem like there was momentum. We could point to COVID, I guess, but... John Wick 4 moves along just fine and this doesn't?
                    I don't think COVID is the biggest problem this project has. Unfortunately, my gut says that this isn't a project that Hollywood is willing to commit to fully. They may see potential in it, but the moment something slows down or doesn't go quite as planned everybody else starts dragging their feet or give up entirely. If this had the potential to be the next STAR WARS or MCU, Hollywood would probably pull out all the stops to make it happen. But, it isn't one of those, and honestly I don't think I'd want it to be one of those, but that means that Hollywood simply doesn't care as much about it.

Maybe Blumhouse should take control of this project. They seem to be pretty good at getting things done, and on a reasonable budget.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Katana View Post
                      Highlander needs to be done 'right'. They can take as long as they like with the remake providing they write a clever script that actually leaves the franchise open to coherent sequels.
                      On one hand I agree with this, but I have to admit I'd also like to see a good Highlander film before I'm too old and dementia-ridden to care.

Seriously, I'm worried that the longer it takes for this to happen, the greater the chances that it won't happen at all. I'm not the only member of the fan base that isn't getting any younger, and this isn't like Batman or Superman or Star Wars, where the concept has become such a big part of pop culture that you're almost guaranteed to always have people who are interested in it. I fear that as the built-in fan base for Highlander, the people who give the IP its inherent value, fade away, Hollywood will be less interested in bringing it back.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Reaper View Post

On one hand I agree with this, but I have to admit I'd also like to see a good Highlander film before I'm too old and dementia-ridden to care.

Seriously, I'm worried that the longer it takes for this to happen, the greater the chances that it won't happen at all. I'm not the only member of the fan base that isn't getting any younger, and this isn't like Batman or Superman or Star Wars, where the concept has become such a big part of pop culture that you're almost guaranteed to always have people who are interested in it. I fear that as the built-in fan base for Highlander, the people who give the IP its inherent value, fade away, Hollywood will be less interested in bringing it back.
                        AMEN

Seriously at this point the IP needs to go someplace else cause from all things considered it seems Lionsgate doesn't have a lot of faith. Fucking hell give it to SONY they will happily throw 60 to 70 million and get it rolling

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Reaper View Post

I agree. However when you look at how crap the original franchise turned out then I'd be prepared to wait for a well crafted franchise. Highlander deserves better and it has so much potential.

Comment

Working...
                          X