Remake back to square one???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remake back to square one???

Chad Stahelski was interviewed a month ago and said that they are still working on it but they are closer than ever BUT things don't seem closer than ever. With Henry Cavill confirmed to return as Superman in what appears for the long run and given that he has to film the third and fourth season of The Witcher back to back it seems that the Highlander remake has (un) officially lost its lead.

I have been waiting for this since 2008 and this movie gets something going followed by radio silence and then news whether it's for a director or a lead joining in.

Man I feel Lionsgate just doesn't care about getting this movie made.

I've gotten pretty used to disappointment regarding the remake. Still, this news sucks! I like Henry Cavill's work very much, but if he is not available for the next few years, maybe its time to start looking at other leading actors for the role of Connor.

I just saw the movie "The Lost City". I think Channing Tatum has the look and the chops to pull off a good Connor. I wonder if he could learn to speak with a passable Scottish accent?

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrus The Great View Post
      I've gotten pretty used to disappointment regarding the remake. Still, this news sucks! I like Henry Cavill's work very much, but if he is not available for the next few years, maybe its time to start looking at other leading actors for the role of Connor.

I just saw the movie "The Lost City". I think Channing Tatum has the look and the chops to pull off a good Connor. I wonder if he could learn to speak with a passable Scottish accent?

I could see Channing Tatum but honestly I feel as long as the IP remains under Lionsgate we will never see the remake happening

Comment

I would think they’d have to come up with something eventually, if only to hold on to the rights. Then again, maybe they don’t care too much about that either.

Comment

I want it to happen. Of course, I also want it to be good. I cling to hope.

Comment

It could be a blessing in disguise if this incarnation of the Highlander reboot doesn't get made. I like Henry Cavill, but I think he's way too old to play Connor or an immortal whose first death was at a similarly young age. From a franchise point of view, you want a younger actor who isn't gonna be wrinkled and visibly older in the sequels -- it kinda ruins the illusion of immortality. I think Jack Lowden (who starred in Sean Connery's son's Jason's film "Tommy's Honour") is a far better choice for the titular Highlander -- plus, he's actually Scottish.

Comment

Definitely not back to square one! Not at all.

It would have had to move beyond square one in the first place for it to go "back" to. The remake has been straddling the line between Square 0 and Square 0.5 for the past decade. When it finally reaches Square 1, it will be momentous.*

*Until it is unsurprisingly cancelled.

Comment

Originally posted by Winter Celt View Post
                It could be a blessing in disguise if this incarnation of the Highlander reboot doesn't get made. I like Henry Cavill, but I think he's way too old to play Connor or an immortal whose first death was at a similarly young age. From a franchise point of view, you want a younger actor who isn't gonna be wrinkled and visibly older in the sequels -- it kinda ruins the illusion of immortality. I think Jack Lowden (who starred in Sean Connery's son's Jason's film "Tommy's Honour") is a far better choice for the titular Highlander -- plus, he's actually Scottish.
                I was not familiar with Jack Lowden, so I looked him up. Interesting to learn that he has been dating Saoirse Ronan. Also, I learned that they star together in the movie "Mary Queen of Scots" (I need to see that). I am definitely a fan of Saoirse. I will see how Jack does in "Mary". I just had a thought: How about Jack and Saoirse starring together in the Highlander remake as Connor and Heather?

Comment

Well, I watched "Mary Queen of Scots". Jack Lowden played Mary's second husband. I didn't particularly like the character, but Jack did some good acting. I'm not sure that he looks the part of Connor, but maybe he could pull off the role. Actually, his personality seems to fit better with Duncan, in my opinion.

Comment

I’d like to point out that another reason to go with Henry Cavill is that he seems like the kind of guy who will go tote extra mile to do justice to the role. And, he seems to care about how the fans feel.

Comment

Working...
                    X