Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Highlander remake will involve stories from across the franchise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highlander remake will involve stories from across the franchise?

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-eventual-...fro-1791784696

I'd actually never read this until now. Interesting.

Highlander: Dark Places

It is interesting, but hopefully doesn't muddy the waters with too much. I wonder how they determine the 'best' stuff.

Comment

I have zero interest in a remake of the original film or anything like it. Wouldn't even look at it. The only good it might do: hopefully, lead to HL:TS being re-aired on some of those "nostalgia" cable channels. I want more people to discover HL:TS!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilusa View Post
        I have zero interest in a remake of the original film or anything like it. Wouldn't even look at it. The only good it might do: hopefully, lead to HL:TS being re-aired on some of those "nostalgia" cable channels. I want more people to discover HL:TS!
        I want that, too. And while I'm kind of with you on the remake (though having the John Wick director on it has me curious), I'd really rather the remake lead to there being a new Highlander TV series... one that's hopefully on a network with a bit more teeth than USA, but I'll take what we can get. Highlander thrives on TV and while the existing TV show is awesome... we're getting on a bit in 2017, and the show is looking very, very 1990s. Which is fine for us, but I don't know that it's getting any easier for us to bring in new fans by showing it to them, the more time that goes by.
        Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

I think that it is quality programming that can continue in syndication. Shows like I Love Lucy, The original Star Trek and Murder She Wrote are all dated by their cultural references and yet they still appeal to new generations. I know of many fans who got hooked by catching the shows on reruns or on Netflix. Keep sharing your love of the show with family and friends. Wear your Highlander gear and be surprised when a total stranger you encounter is a fan too.

I ran into kids here in Durand who recognised Methos and Duncan on my tee shirts. They watch it with their dad. I made arrangements with their dad for them to buy some of my extra Highlander tees I don't wear because they were sent in the wrong size.
          Last edited by Colleengael; 06-06-2017, 11:55 AM.

Comment

I just ran into new teen fans discussing Highlander after hearing it mentioned on The Goldberg's. I told them to catch the series on Netflix or Amazon Prime or YouTube. They have since bought some of my TCG card decks to play the game and to collect photos from the show. The Series may be dated but it is bringing in new fans with the multiple ways to watch it. I am in a small town and have now run into a dozen new fans in just the last two years thanks to the multiple ways to view it. A few of them even went to the Grand Rapids Comic Con to see Adrian. The kids were too young to attend the Sword Experience but they have been following the sites and have been seen in the local park practising their sword work with plastic swords with their parents.
            Last edited by Colleengael; 07-04-2019, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X