Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minor minor minor update (well not really)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor minor minor update (well not really)

On the Highlander Official fan page on facebook, I struck up a chat with whoever runs it. I asked about the official webpage for Panzer Davis about updating it from 2006. He/She/It told me that they would update close to when the movie was released.

Now, I'm not the brightest tool in the toolshed (Highlander vernacular: sharpest sword in the game) but they was pretty emphatic about a movie release. Since I have never made a movie, I'm curious... Isn't this in development hell? What are the odds that the movie will get released and considered the amount of times a film version has bombed, do they have the funding? Or better yet, what are the odds that we will get another bomb?

Just my thoughts

DP hypes the shit out of their movies even while they're in development hell. I remember back in the day, they were selling The Source merchandise for years before there was even a script, and then they went through like a dozen more scripts before settling on the one they filmed, which was itself unfinished when they began filming it. So yeah, I wouldn't get my hopes up until news breaks that they've begun filming this thing, and even then I'd want to wait for a trailer or two... and even then with the franchise's track record it could still be a massive let down. I probably won't be genuinely excited for a new Highlander movie unless the remake comes out, does well, and gets a quick sequel order.............. and even then, it'll still have a chance to be craptacular.

Comment

They certainly haven't been hyping this.

Comment

While Lionsgate occasionally puts out a statement from the director saying they are still working on the project it doesn't seem to be a priority since they keep putting the John Wicke sequels out. I believe that what has kept each rendition of a new movie in development Hell is very simple. They keep trying to retell the original film instead of writing new stories. Then they want to recast the roles with A list actors or an aging actor who is near in age to the original actors they feel have grown to old. Fans have come up with multiple ways to reboot the franchise over the last fifteen years. The film studios just want the rights to the character names and don't really care about the franchise except as a cash cow. I will believe there is a new Highlander movie if it every actually makes it to the box office. The studios have failed to deliver for too many years.

Comment

Will the project of a reboot happen ? ... it's been a long time now ...
          La Peur Tue l'Esprit ...

Comment

Originally posted by Kladdagh View Post
            Will the project of a reboot happen ? ... it's been a long time now ...
            Only the future will tell!

Comment

Working...
            X