New immortals in the film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New immortals in the film

Which new immortals did you like or dislike in this film?

I wanted to learn more about Reggie and Zai. They gave us a bit of background with the two. I would have liked a bit more than having them so briefly.
    Last edited by Colleengael; 08-08-2017, 07:56 PM.

I was definitely intrigued by Zai Jie, the Immortal that the movie starts out with that bears the dao-dao sword. He sold me on his peril and had a good intensity. I also bought him wielding the sword. I wouldn't have minded seeing him in other Highlander stuff... unfortunately, we only got him for 5 minutes.

Say, someone should do up some Watchers Chronicles for the Source characters.
    Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

• Aleander
      Aleander commented
      Editing a comment
      I did do one for Zai Jie for Jer's fan-edit DVD.

• Gardner
      Gardner commented
      Editing a comment
      Got it Andrew. Check the Homemade Watcher Chronicles thread ;-)
      Aleander, can you post you bio please ?
      Last edited by Gardner; 08-08-2017, 12:29 PM.

Definitely thought Zai was done away with too quick, Giovanni is the one that should have been killed off quick, That Hairdo

Comment

I liked Zai. He was the only reason why I enjoyed the first 15 minutes of the movie. I was very intrigued by the premise and what was going on with Methos, Joe, and Duncan. Once Zai was killed, the movie went downhill awfully quick.
      Reggie was alright. He had a style and youthfulness about him that I think worked for the film. I can't say he was all that likable but it was nice to have a young character but because there hadn't been any of the sort in the Highlander films.
      Giovanni annoyed me from the getgo. He reminds me a little of Matt Smith in Doctor Who. Couldn't really stand him much either.

The Guardian I somewhat liked. I was all for the notion of him being a sort of super-powered immortal. There was a sort of Terminator-like vibe to that. When he was going after Zai. Not sure what that Quickening did to him, but once he started to tell bad jokes with that awful voice..That's when they lost me. I think instead of speed that they should have given him the ability to shapeshift. Would have made for an interesting adversary if he could turn into any previous immortal we had seen before. If he fought Methos he could turn into the four horsemen. If he fought Duncan he could become Faith, Connor, Fitz, etc. I would have found that to have more impact than super speed.

The elder annoyed me because they just didn't work for me as far as being the source of exposition. They needed a better actor for that to deliver that story telling dialogue.

Power to the Donut!

Comment

Working...
      X