Should "The Source" be in canon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darth Reaper View Post
    Personally, if they were ever to continue the continuity created by the TV series, I would rather have The Source ignored. For one thing, I would prefer that a new story be told in the present day, not in the future world created in The Source. And, I don't want the storytellers to have to worry about keeping The Source in mind as they're creating their story.

Also, I'm sorry, but I just don't like The Source. It just wasn't a very good movie. And, I would rather it didn't continue to influence the future of the franchise except as a lesson in what not to do.
    On the other hand, "The Source" would serve to explain the actors' aging a little bit, if ever things were to be picked up in a subsequent film. Like, Duncan entering the Source made all Immortals into mortals... until something new happens and the Game is reset, or something.
    Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

But, that doesn't solve the problem of me not liking the movie and not wanting to see any more of the future world created for The Source.

And, I prefer it if Duncan Macleod were still an Immortal in any future stories, even if we don't actually see him in any of those stories. As much as I love Adrian Paul, I'm fine with recasting the character as long as they pick someone good.

Nope, I prefer a continuation of The Series continuity that takes place in the present day, with Duncan Macleod still an Immortal and part of The Game.

Comment

Sorry, but I don't want a recasted Duncan MacLeod. Not unless its a reboot or something. In the Series-verse, its either AP or no one else. Period.

Comment

We could do it even better. Duncan could have given his head to someone else, and be sharing consciousness with them. Character in a new body. While so far, that hasn't been shown to be how it works, at least not so directly, a younger-looking or even not so young-looking Immortal could be the one who has his Quickening, whether originally good or originally evil.

Comment

That is actually a far worse idea!

Comment

Originally posted by Aleander View Post
              Sorry, but I don't want a recasted Duncan MacLeod. Not unless its a reboot or something. In the Series-verse, its either AP or no one else. Period.
              We'll have to agree to disagree on that, but it's okay because if they ever continued the Series-verse I would want to see them focus on a new character, with a new story, anyway.

Comment

First of all, why would anyone choose to continue the Series-verse at this stage, let alone without AP? That's nonsensical, at best.

Personally, I'm ALL for continuing the Series-verse on audio, with all the actors back and none of the constraints of age and the like. I would've loved to have seen new ground explored there, but unfortunately...

Comment

Working...
                X