Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would have happened if they moved Reggie's body away from the Source?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would have happened if they moved Reggie's body away from the Source?

Why was Duncan and Methos and everyone so quick to bury Reggie's body? He died from cuts to his flesh, not a beheading, and only because they were getting close to the Source (the closer you get, the more your healing factor vanishes until it's nonexistent)... surely taking the body back further away from the Source would be worth a shot before reading his eulogy?

There's also the chance that once Duncan and Anna "completed" the Source cycle, that deactivated whatever Immortality dampening effect it was broadcasting... and Reggie would revive, probably pretty pissed that he's got to try and dig his way out of the ground now.
    Highlander: Dark Places

Click image for larger version  Name:	Reggie Weller.jpg Views:	1 Size:	54.0 KB ID:	2649

Probably the fact they realized they were mortal as well and needed to hurry. People do strange things when they realize time is running out.
    If they moved away from the Source they might miss their mark for whatever it was they chased and all would have been for naught.

There is also the possibility that their immortality was taken from them permanently.
    May flights of Demons guide you to your final rest...

Comment

Hmm hm. Generously, and also knowing the way this story was put together (There are no more Watchers! This Immortal is a pile of permanently degenerating flesh for reasons. Anna married Duncan knowing he's Immortal and can't sire children, then left him because of it. She wandered all around by herself and never once was in danger. The Guardian is an inept fighter, protected by speed and a magic gorget!), Reggie became mortal because of proximity to the Source, and died. It's over. His Quickening was already gone, absorbed into the Source. Duncan and Anna had only one child, so perhaps his Immortality (and thus Methos', assuming he didn't get eaten and my money's on him) was restored once the Source was gone. Their son is the lastborn (and only BORN) Immortal. Hahah.

Comment

Not much would have changed. They'd have been found by the cannibals (ugh) anyway, and Reggie would probably have died first at their feast.

Damn, I just can't take anything with cannibals in a Highlander movie seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Aleander View Post
          Not much would have changed. They'd have been found by the cannibals (ugh) anyway, and Reggie would probably have died first at their feast.

Damn, I just can't take anything with cannibals in a Highlander movie seriously.
          What would Xavier St. Cloud say about that?

Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post

What would Xavier St. Cloud say about that?

Ah, but they are not mere cannibals! They are Fine Young Cannibals!

Comment

Wasn't there something about rotting, stinking flesh a couple of times? Reggie could smell eau de cadaver when the Guardian was flitting around and the blobby immortal in the cave was rotting, too. I'm not sure digging Reggie up would have done him any favors. It's an awfully good question, though, Andrew.
              “A sinner can always repent, but stupid is forever.”
              Billy Sunday

Comment

Also, the fact that The Guardian was hot on their tails, and that they needed to hustle in order to stay one step ahead of him (plus, of course, the cannibals). That's pretty much been my take on the scene, though I do like some of the additional interpretations in this thread, as well.

Comment

Working...
                X