Opinion: Highlander Doesn't Need A Remake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion: Highlander Doesn't Need A Remake

My personal favorite Scottish movie critic, The Critical Drinker, weighs in on the topic.

Even if you disagree, he's always a fun listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsDofmtMQzI

This is quite fun!

I only sort of disagree. Highlander needs a remake in order to cause a scramble of people looking into the original, too.

Comment

I agree that Highlander doesn’t need a remake, but that’s not really the point. We don’t really “need” movies at all. We can endure just fine without them. The purpose of movies is to entertain us. If a Highlander remake succeeds in entertaining us, it has served its purpose.

The powers that be just need to avoid screwing things up. That’s the part that I worry about the most. It is possible to do a good remake (John Carpenter’s The Thing, The Blob 1988) but doing a bad remake (Robocop, Total Recall, A Nightmare On Elm Street 2010....) seems to be much easier.

Comment

It would be so nice if the movie is very good!

Comment

No, Highlander doesn't need a remake! A continuation of the film series? Perhaps, yes! New characters, most definitely and not a new version of the same thing that just turns people off of the subject, which is not what it is there to do!
          JB

Comment

If it's done well, it won't turn me off. I just wish!

Comment

Working...
            X