X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you reading?

The king ~ JR Ward

Just now? I was reading what you wrote.

Oh, do you mean books? Ah... I'm reading Star Wars Bloodlines because why the hell not?

Comment

Originally posted by n107 View Post
      Just now? I was reading what you wrote.

Oh, do you mean books? Ah... I'm reading Star Wars Bloodlines because why the hell not?
      Why not indeed and more ambitious than the back of a cereal box which is what I thought you might say.

Comment

Originally posted by Rioghan View Post

Why not indeed and more ambitious than the back of a cereal box which is what I thought you might say.
        I finished the cereal box last month. I'm planning on reading the sequel, "Peanut Butter Crunch", after I finish what I'm on now. I hear good things about it.

Comment

I had begun reading "Paradise Lost" but that was more than 3 years ago, haven't really had the time to set and enjoy reading a book

Comment

"This was a man" by Jeffrey Archer, the last book in his sweeping series.

Comment

Re-reading the Dune books, beginning with The Butlerian Jihad.
              Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

"Three Days in January" by Bret Baier - It's about Eisenhower.

Comment

Stargate Atlantis: Homecoming

Comment

Ghettoside" A True Story of Murder in America -- Murder in Los Angeles written from the POV of the detectives. Hard to say it's a book one 'enjoys' but it's as enlightening as it is heartbreaking.

Comment

Yeesh. I feel so plebeian. I'm reading (well, listening to the audio book) Dresden Files: Turncoat.

Comment

Originally posted by dubiousbystander View Post
                        Yeesh. I feel so plebeian. I'm reading (well, listening to the audio book) Dresden Files: Turncoat.
                        Butcher's Dresden Files series is awesome!

Comment

In Search of Scotland ~ H.V. Morton
                          Ye know why they`re on the internet don`t ye? `Cause ye wouldnae speak to them in the fecking pub! ~ Billy Connolley

Comment

Wicked Plants: The Weed That Killed Lincoln's Mother and Other Botanical Atrocities — Amy Stewart

All about the poisonous qualities of common plants. Basically, everything that’s not sold as supermarket produce will probably kill you. Horribly. The end.

Comment

Originally posted by Trixie View Post
                              Wicked Plants: The Weed That Killed Lincoln's Mother and Other Botanical Atrocities — Amy Stewart

All about the poisonous qualities of common plants. Basically, everything that’s not sold as supermarket produce will probably kill you. Horribly. The end.
                              Just a light summer read, then?

My best friend's grandmother used to pick mushrooms that grew near their summer house in Michigan and I was always afraid they'd kill her, or me, which is why I never ate any.

Comment

Originally posted by Rioghan View Post

Just a light summer read, then?

My best friend's grandmother used to pick mushrooms that grew near their summer house in Michigan and I was always afraid they'd kill her, or me, which is why I never ate any.
                                It kind of is, actually. Written in small bite-sized portions, so to speak. :-)

Just happened upon this story this morning, btw. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/death-ca...inkId=38289512

Comment

I am also reading The Purple Cloud, by M. P. Shiel, published in 1901. It's well-written and interesting, and also a portrait of the time in which it was written, even as is Mary Shelley's 1826 novel, The Last Man. Though Purple Cloud has a happier ending... I'm often led to read stories by backtracking from the shows or movies I've seen recently that are... adaptations of these old classics. I'm hearing good things about The Last Ship tv series, even as it irritates me because I read the book. That, too, was a rather good book. NO, no, I promise you that I do, in fact, read non post-apocalyptic stories. Honest!

Comment

Originally posted by Trixie View Post

It kind of is, actually. Written in small bite-sized portions, so to speak. :-)

Just happened upon this story this morning, btw. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/death-ca...inkId=38289512
                                    SEE! That said she did live to be 101 so perhaps she knew what she was doing.

Comment

A complicated reproduction sampler pattern instructions...they are leaving me scratching my head in puzzlement...
                                      Ye know why they`re on the internet don`t ye? `Cause ye wouldnae speak to them in the fecking pub! ~ Billy Connolley

Comment

And now I'm reading Rebecca Neason's Shadow of Obsession. Eventually, I'll have more to say about that. How is Picardy pronounced?

Comment

"From the mixed-up files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler" by E. L. Konigsburg. It's a children's book about a sister and brother who run away and hide in the NY Museum of Art. This book was recommended by Gillian Horvath.

Comment

My nephew who used to hate ready, read enjoyed and gave me a copy of "The Martian" so I'll be reading it.

Hopefully he reads what I gave him - "Dragon Egg."

Comment

Now I'm reading (or rather, listening to the audiobook) Skin Game, 15th official book of the Dresden Files.

Comment

The Embroiderers Flowers by Thomasina Beck

Comment

"Cursed Moon" by Jaye Wells. It's the 2nd book in Prospero's War.
                                                  May The Winds Be With You, while I'm searchin' for my lost shaker of salt. Makin' for the Trades on the outside. Lookin' for the Southern Cross. (J.Buffett 77/74)
                                                  "Yeah, It's all fun and games until somebody gets Cursed," Sheriff Jack Carter ~ Eureka.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X