X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just finished "The Martian"

Comment

The Embroiderers Story by Thomasina Beck
      Ye know why they`re on the internet don`t ye? `Cause ye wouldnae speak to them in the fecking pub! ~ Billy Connolley

Comment

Deadfall~Linda Fairstein

Comment

Now listening to the audiobook for Wolves of The Calla. Part of The Dark Tower series.

Comment

My nephew is now reading "Dragon's Egg" by John Forward! He reads slowly, but seems to be enjoying it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon%27s_Egg

Comment

I picked up the Amazon Kindle edition of The Last American, from John Ames Mitchell, published in 1889. The coding needs repair. It's a fun story to read, though! Lots of puns. I'm mid-way through, slowed down by the sudden font-size changes and other issues.
              Last edited by dubiousbystander; 09-20-2017, 06:35 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

"Red Bones" by Ann Cleeves.

Comment

Black Grypon by Mercedes Lackey for the 4th or 5th time
                  Gonna change my evil ways...one of these days

Comment

• dubiousbystander
                    dubiousbystander commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I read that recently! And White Gryphon after, and then Silver Gryphon. Not bad at all, though the baddies...

Hardcore Twenty-Four By Janet Evanovich...funny in spots, but they are mostly all the same...
                  Ye know why they`re on the internet don`t ye? `Cause ye wouldnae speak to them in the fecking pub! ~ Billy Connolley

Comment

• Colleengael
                    Colleengael commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Have you seen the Stephanie Plum movie with Katherine Heigl? I only found out about it because the reprint version of the book showed up at the Dollar Store. I am not sure if I want to see it. While I always pictured her playing Stephanie and Monique as her friend I always picture Elizabeth Gracen as the Bond Office Manager. Her boyfriends have been harder to cast in my mind as I read the books. But I always picture Betty White as Gramma.

Just finished Focus on the Family Radio Theatre's rendition of C.S. Lewis' Prince Caspian. It was quite good. Sadly, focus on the family is apparently scum. Hate group. Argh!
                  Last edited by dubiousbystander; 11-26-2017, 02:14 AM. Reason: details

Comment

The Silver Gryphon..book 3 of the same series
                    Gonna change my evil ways...one of these days

Comment

Just finished "Saturn Ruhk" By Robert Forward.

Comment

The Gentle Art ~ Anne Sebba

Comment

Would the "gentle art" be knitting or judo?

Comment

• ~mj~
                            ~mj~ commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Lol...needlework, spec. stitching samplers...

Hey, you know all those martial arts where they use farm implements as weapons? Why 'knot' knitting needles?

Comment

• ~mj~
                            ~mj~ commented
                            Editing a comment
                            *groan*...I don`t knit Saber, I stitch. Mostly samplers...

Stitching someone to death with a needle takes too long. Knitting makes a better martial art.

Comment

• ~mj~
                            ~mj~ commented
                            Editing a comment
                            lol.............

Just some of the classics...

Comment

The Siege Winter by Ariana Franklin which was a Christmas gift. Love her stuff, just sad there will never be any more.

Comment

That Was Then, This Is Now by SE Hinton
                              "It's Rock & Roll. If you aren't breaking some sort of law, then you are doing it wrong." - me, answering a bandmate's question of what would happen if someone called the law on us for playing too loud at an outdoor show.

Comment

City of Endless Night by Preston and Child

Comment

Firing a Rocket by James French - He worked as an engineer testing rockets for the Apollo program. It was informative and had a sense of humor.

Comment

Sharpe's Sword (appropriately enough), number 9 in a series.

Comment

In the last few months, I have been re-reading from my collection of Larry Niven books. I am currently reading "World of Ptavvs". It is told from several different perspectives. One is that of an ET who has been in stasis for two billion years who suddenly finds himself awake among humans somewhere in the near future. The ET is a Thrint, whose species has the power to control the minds of all other creatures, including, unfortunately, most humans. Other perspectives are human characters. Typical of Larry Niven, it is a richly imagined and entertaining story.
                                      Last edited by Cyrus The Great; 05-30-2018, 08:17 AM.

Comment

I am listening to Sleeping Beauties, by Stephen King. About halfway through now, and gritting my teeth in a kind of fury. "I stand for all women!" By terrorizing them, making them completely helpless, etc etc etc. Don't seem to be the best audience for this book, but at least it's not hard to suffer through the audiobook to find out if I can believe how he ends it.
                                        Last edited by dubiousbystander; 09-26-2018, 09:22 AM.

Comment

In Search of England by H.V.Morton

Comment

Working...
                                          X