The Witcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Witcher

Anyone else watching? I'm really enjoying it, as someone who read all the books and played all the games I think they have done it justice. Definitely not for child viewing though if you have any!

I'm early. A certain person just got full body modification and captured the interest of the royal dweeb.

Comment

I mostly enjoyed it, though I wasn't super crazy about the last episode. For me it kind of fizzled out.
      Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
        I mostly enjoyed it, though I wasn't super crazy about the last episode. For me it kind of fizzled out.
        It's not like that's the LAST last episode, unless the show doesn't get renewed.

Comment

The show got a renewal for season 2 before it was released. So has Amazon's Middle-Earth series, and that hadn't even begun filming, yet. Everyone's in a scramble to replace Game of Thrones, except HBO.

Comment

I haven't seen the series but I am 1/3 of the way through Baptism of Fire. I can see why Highlander fans would like the Witcher, so many similarities, even down to the whole I can't have kids thing so I'm going to create a little non-blood-related family.

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightBlue View Post
              I haven't seen the series but I am 1/3 of the way through Baptism of Fire. I can see why Highlander fans would like the Witcher, so many similarities, even down to the whole I can't have kids thing so I'm going to create a little non-blood-related family.
              It's definitely worth watching, particularly as a Highlander fan. It just seemed a bit uneven to me, I don't think the multi-timelines thing did it any favors, and the last episode didn't quite work for me. But there is some great stuff in there.
              Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

I intend to watch it after I'm done with the books. I imagine the multiple timelines is an attempt at capturing the puzzle piece nature of the book, which I very much enjoy. The reading the books is like having to solve a series of riddles. Watching a show is a passive occupation, you sit back and are entertained, reading is more active where you co-create the universe with the writer in your own mind. Trying to translate from a book to a show, especially one with complex plotlines like Sapkowski's, is bound to run into issues.

Comment

Working...
                X