Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joss Whedon takes over for Zack Snyder on "Justice League"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joss Whedon takes over for Zack Snyder on "Justice League"?

Apparently so.

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/zack-s...edon-directing

Pretty strange, considering the film officially wrapped principal photography back in October.
    Highlander: Dark Places

Wait, what?! I heard the producers wanted to reshoot some scenes (apparently because the tone was too similar to Guy Ritchie's King Arthur, which bombed really hard ), but why, why, why Whedon?

Unless they want to add scenes with Batgirl in the movie...?

Anyway, what's happening to Snyder is horrible...

​​​​
    Last edited by Jim Kirk; 05-22-2017, 04:05 PM.

Comment

What's happened to Snyder is unthinkable.

Comment

It certainly explains why he looks the way he looks on his latest pics: suddenly prematurely aged, world-weary, bordering on gaunt...

I'm no fan of the guy, but I'm very sorry for him.

Comment

I hate the reason why, but I'm glad someone else is getting behind the camera of a DC film. I've not been happy with any of the stuff they've put out so far and have tentative, yet high hopes for Wonder Woman. I know Joss can't do much to change a movie that is basically in the can, but I hope he can talk to the powers that be and give them some pointers on how to make a movie and create a cinematic universe.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernChickie View Post
            I hate the reason why, but I'm glad someone else is getting behind the camera of a DC film. I've not been happy with any of the stuff they've put out so far and have tentative, yet high hopes for Wonder Woman. I know Joss can't do much to change a movie that is basically in the can, but I hope he can talk to the powers that be and give them some pointers on how to make a movie and create a cinematic universe.
            If he's allowed in the editing room, he might be able to pull a small miracle. Or at least shift things from "Wow, another BvS" to "Well... I guess that wasn't TOO bad."

Comment

• SouthernChickie
              SouthernChickie commented
              Editing a comment
              Ha! Even the great and powerful Joss can only do so much.

Maybe between him helping out on JL and the success of WW he can get Batgirl moved up on the production schedule.

Apparently these reshoots aren't just a minor thing... they're running from this month, now, all the way to August. 3 months. That's like the entirety of the principal photography.

Definitely stuff behind the scenes going on we'll bave no idea about.

Comment

I enjoyed the movie quite a bit. It wasn't as good as the first two hours of BvS, but it also wasn't as bad as the last half hour of BvS. The Whedon influence didn't do too much harm, but a few sight gags were frustratingly broad for a film that was otherwise trying not to be a farce. It never reached Superman III or Batman Forever levels of low comedy, thankfully, but it's still far more in line with a Kevin Feige Marvel movie (and by that I mean all the Marvel films he has produced since Blade, not just the MCU) than with the post-2004 DC films when it comes to humor.

"Really? We are trapped in a room with a machine that can cut off my head. Now that's a longshot."
              --Connor MacLeod in Peter Bellwood's original Highlander II script

Comment

• Andrew NDB
                Andrew NDB commented
                Editing a comment
                Sounds about right. I pretty much 99% disliked it.
            Working...
            X