Star Wars: Andor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars: Andor

A Disney+ series that nobody wanted focused on a character from a spinoff movie that nobody asked for...

And it's quite possibly the best quality addition to the Star Wars franchise, ever. Rogue One was a pleasant surprise and I still feel that it is the most enjoyable of the Disney era of movies. This series about Cassian Andor from said film is just stunning. The pacing is slow and methodical which gives us the greatest development of both character and story ever seen in the live action works. It is--so far--a much more grounded tale that really highlights how terrifying the Empire is even without magic and super weapons. Every scene feels like it's balanced on a knife's edge and the tension is palpable.

Highly recommended for anyone who hasn't seen it.

You're making me excited about it! I've heard so many good things and I am strongly tempted!

Comment

Originally posted by dubiousbystander View Post
      You're making me excited about it! I've heard so many good things and I am strongly tempted!
      I wasn't very enthusiastic for its debut but I watched the 3-episode premiere. I thought it was odd because it was so slow paced, it didn't feel like anything that came before it. But it really highlighted the characters in a way that also hasn't been present in Star Wars. As the episodes continued, the character development just got deeper and deeper while the narrative became rich and complex. It really is something exquisitely different for the Star Wars franchise and the recent story arc was so nerve wracking and heartbreaking.

Once the season ends, I think I have to go back and watch the whole thing again.

Comment

Working...
      X