This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ceridwen View Post
    Actually broke out the Highlander set, picking through season 1 right now.
    Keep thinking I'm going to do that one of these days. How's that going for you?
    WHAT IF THERE WERE NO HYPOTHETICAL QUESTIONS?

THE CHICKEN CROSSING THE ROAD WAS POULTRY IN MOTION

Comment

• I've started watching Will & Grace. Always humor to that in part because of Highlander!

Comment

• MidnightBlue
        MidnightBlue commented
        Editing a comment
        There's references to Highlander in Will & Grace? I own the entire 8 seasons and I don't remember this.

• dubiousbystander
        dubiousbystander commented
        Editing a comment
        No, it's because Eric McCormack, who played Will, also played Matthew McCormick.

• Originally posted by LamBear* View Post

Keep thinking I'm going to do that one of these days. How's that going for you?
      I have only skipped two episodes that I remember just irritated me, but otherwise plugging along and am now about 5 episodes into season 3. I didn't remember how much it improved as it went along, despite the forays into cheeze country. Forgotten how long freakin' Horton hung in there, about twice as long as necessary imo.

Comment

• The library has some new options, so we're going through the whole series Soap right now. Holy cow, Richard Mulligan was so good, and it's where Billy Crystal got his start.

Comment

The library has some new options, so we're going through the whole series Soap right now. Holy cow, Richard Mulligan was so good, and it's where Billy Crystal got his start.
          Soap is one of those I still have my DVD set! LOVE it so much!

Comment

• After powering through all of "Lucifer" on Netflix, now I've been watching "The Good Place" (also on Netflix) intermittently. It's pretty OK, and fairly bite-sized (25 minute episodes). I like the big twist at the end of the first season... very unexpected and clever! And big.
            Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

• I'm watching The Daily (Social Distancing) Show and perked up when there was a Highlander reference but then was bummed when I realized that Trevor Noah did not actually watch Highlander because if he did he wouldn't have said what he said at 4:21.
              https://fb.watch/1ng6OZL2qC/

Comment

• Less than Perfect, cute. Love the Ramona/Kip/Lydia play, only Andy Dick is just too annoying, but then he plays that - if anyone knows if season 4 is out there would like to hear about it.

Comment

• I watched Young Sheldon. It was good, though the writers apparently decided they could not deal with the level of racism Sheldon of Big Bang Theory had grown up with, that they kept using as a comedy crutch.

Comment

• I liked the Big Bang Theory until the whole thing with Penny got overplayed then I stopped watching.

I just started watching Juju: the Web Series by Moon Ferguson.

Comment

• I just started watching a new anime, Dr. Stone. It's on Netflix Japan. In the random weirdness of Japan, it's subtitled in English. So far, the series is quite good. Not certain if it'll hold. Just reached episode 4, and need to sleep at night. While there still is night left.

Comment

• I am watching Farscape again. It's one of my favorite SF shows.

Comment

• Ceridwen
                          Ceridwen commented
                          Editing a comment
                          We just started that again as well. Just finished season 1, and it holds up pretty well.

• Going through Dharma & Greg which is 10 or 15 years old now. It has some good laughs in the first couple seasons.

Comment

• I am watching Leverage Season 2. I enjoyed Season 1 very much. So far Season 2 is very entertaining.

I have heard about a reboot of the series with Noah Wylie in the lead role (replacing Timothy Hutton). The rest of the original cast is returning. I think the new show is currently in production.

Comment

• Season 3 of Leverage was good. I'm about to start watching Season 1 of The Librarians (after enjoying the movie trilogy).

Comment

• I watched all four seasons of The Librarians. That was a really fun show! Some of the best episodes were directed by Jonathan Frakes. Noah Wylie either wrote or directed a number of very good episodes. Noah also acted in up to half of the episodes each season. However, the rest of the cast was excellent and did just fine when Noah was not there.

Currently, I am watching The Vampire Diaries again. I come back to it every couple of years at least.

Comment

• Watching BBC program New Tricks.
                                We've gone through 6 of the 12 seasons so far and are still watching, so that's a ringing endorsement, there. I will recommend it, the premise is that 3 retired coppers with about 80 years combined experience are hired to man the unsolved and open case squad at the Metropolitan Police under a younger DCI.

Comment

Watching BBC program New Tricks.
                                  We've gone through 6 of the 12 seasons so far and are still watching, so that's a ringing endorsement, there. I will recommend it, the premise is that 3 retired coppers with about 80 years combined experience are hired to man the unsolved and open case squad at the Metropolitan Police under a younger DCI.
                                  I've watched the first few seasons of that one! Wow, 12 seasons? Must go back and watch more!

Comment

• Ceridwen
                                    Ceridwen commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    This is a bit of a spoiler so stop reading if you don't want it -
                                    Once they start shedding the original cast the whole vibe changes, it is not the same show in season 10 that it was in season 1, not at all.

• dubiousbystander
                                    dubiousbystander commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Ah. Ah, well. I suppose that was inevitable. It sounds like you feel it's still good, though!

• I have just started watching the show "Lucifer". I wasn't even aware of the show until a friend recommended it. So far, I am finding Season 1 very entertaining. I noticed in the credits that Neil Gaiman helped to create the characters for a DC comic. The show has some really good humor.

Comment

• Binge watched the series "Bosch" since Hubby and I listened to lots of Connelly's audio books while traveling. Would not have pictured Titus Welliver as Bosch, but now cannot imagine anyone but him as the character. Enjoyed the series immensely. This was after binge watching 14 seasons of "Murdoch Mysteries".

Next binge watched the Jesse Stone movies with Tom Selleck. Maybe should have gone in the movie thread, but technically, they were made-for-tv movies. Anyway, despite the stilted, sometimes corny dialog, I'd watch Selleck in almost anything.
                                    WHAT IF THERE WERE NO HYPOTHETICAL QUESTIONS?

THE CHICKEN CROSSING THE ROAD WAS POULTRY IN MOTION

Comment

• Started the 2013 series Almost Human starring Karl Urban and Michael Ealy. Watchable, entertaining, but a couple episodes in, it's still pretty formulaic, although the banter is pretty good. Not bad, but not great either; Urban's American accent is pretty spot on, though. Apparently it lasted only one season possibly because it's network, Fox, pulled a Firefly and aired many of the episodes out of order from how they were originally intended, destroying any continuity.

Also watching the Inspector Alleyn Mysteries. Huge jarrring moment when we got to the first episode after the pilot (filmed 3 years prior) and the actor playing Alleyn was not only a different guy, but didn't even have the same coloring, going from brunette to blonde. There are only two seasons and are based on the novels of Ngaio Marsh, so period pieces. Was delighted to see Sir John Gielgud as the guest in last night's episode, that's a pretty big wow for a TV series.

Comment

• A friend recommended Letterkenny. It's quite different from what I usually watch, so that's been interesting. The actors are good, their delivery is great. The first "real" fight scene I watched it was clear how very careful the actors were being, but I'm always willing to suspend disbelief for the stories and the rest of the performances.

Comment

• Recently finished "Being Human" Season 1. I liked it and want to see more. About to start "Lucifer" Season 2.

Comment

• I'm nearly finished with Star Trek: Lower Decks Season 2! What a great series!

Comment

• Cyrus The Great
                                              Cyrus The Great commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              I haven't heard of this new Trek series. I will have to check it out!

• Ceridwen
                                              Ceridwen commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              I've seen some of that. Not bad, even animation indifferent family members liked it.

• I watched "Star Trek: Discovery" season 3. A lot of stuff happens! Good action and excellent character development. This show reminds me of some of the best aspects of Deep Space Nine with continuing storylines, character back stories, and lots of development of characters and relationships.

Comment

Working...
                                            X