Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Currently watching season 2 of "Six Feet Under". So much dramatic pathos!

Comment

• Started watching season 4 of "The Crown". The story of Charles and Diana is the main theme in this season. I think that both are/were basically good people, but they were definitely not suited to be together!

Comment

• I watched The Boys Season 3. Well. That was fun.

Comment

• I have been watching "The Gifted". It is a Marvel Universe show based on "The X-Men". For some reason that is not explained, the X-Men have disappeared, however, there are still millions of mutants trying to live in a world that has largely turned against them. The show is set in the U.S., where mutants are being particularly persecuted. One of the main characters is the daughter of Magneto. She has some similar abilities, but not at his level. The show is interesting, but I do not find it greatly entertaining. The best of the Marvel movies have a lot of humor. Unfortunately, there has not been a single scene in this show that made me laugh. The show is all drama and is filled with bad things happening to mutants. There are some evil mutants who do terrible things to humans. There are good mutants who try to resist the bad ones. Some humans are good and try to help mutants, but not very many. The show paints a very bleak picture of the future of human/mutant relations. Not really surprised the show was cancelled after only two seasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by dubiousbystander View Post
            I watched The Boys Season 3. Well. That was fun.
            It was AMAZING.
            Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

• I recently watched seasons 1 and 2 of "Stranger Things". I have really enjoyed the show so far. It is a good combination of sci-fi with hints of fantasy, horror, and humor. Lots of fun!

Comment

• Sandman! Absolutely Sandman! They did it! They did it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyrus The Great View Post
                  I recently watched seasons 1 and 2 of "Stranger Things". I have really enjoyed the show so far. It is a good combination of sci-fi with hints of fantasy, horror, and humor. Lots of fun!
                  Season 2 was a bit dodgy but season 3 and 4... both gold.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post

It was AMAZING.
                    The Boys has been some of the most enthralling TV I've seen in a long time.

Right now I'm finishing up The Orville Season 3. Each year gets better and better, and more Star Trek than "official" Star Trek. Season 3 felt like a lost Trek series from the 90s with some great moral quandaries.

I'm also partway through Stranger Things Season 4. Still a fun watch but it's not holding my attention as well as the first couple of years. It's not a complaint but just a fact of how I'm responding to it.

And I'm going through a handful of documentaries on Netflix. Why on earth do they have to be mini-series instead of just one, complete documentary? I know the answer, but it's frustrating. When an episode ends I'm far more likely to turn it off to do other things instead of coming back to finish.

Comment

• Originally posted by n107 View Post
                      I'm also partway through Stranger Things Season 4. Still a fun watch but it's not holding my attention as well as the first couple of years. It's not a complaint but just a fact of how I'm responding to it.
                      Are you past episode 4? That's kind of the hurdle. I wasn't really "grabbed" until then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post

Are you past episode 4? That's kind of the hurdle. I wasn't really "grabbed" until then.
                        Yeah, I got past it and finished the season. It was fun but maybe I wasn't in the right head space for it as it still didn't really leave me wanting more. I think it's similar to how I felt watching Dexter (the first series). Every season I think, "I don't need to watch this," then by the end I think, "Ok, that was pretty good." But when the next season comes around I go through the same routine.

Except for the last season. That just got worse with each passing episode and then slapped me across the face with the worst possible ending they could have devised.

Comment

• I have begun to re-watch "Lucifer". It is one of my favorite shows from recent years. I like all the characters, but I especially enjoy the therapist Dr. Linda!

Comment

• Ceridwen
                            Ceridwen commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Me too. I truly loved the first five seasons. I won't rewatch anything past that, it did too much to sour the franchise for me to do that again.

• I've watched the first episodes of:
                          • House of the Dragon
                          • She-Hulk
                          • Rings of Power
                          I'm generally pleased!

Comment

• Cyrus The Great
                            Cyrus The Great commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I am looking forward to watching all three shows, but I have to wait for my library to get the DVD's.

• I have finally finished all five seasons of "Six Feet Under". Perhaps I should say that I survived watching all five seasons. I am a very big fan of Alan Ball's work on "True Blood", however, that series was based on the very popular Sookie Stackhouse book series. Six Feet Under was created by Alan Ball, and sometimes written and directed by him, but as far as I know, it does not originate from any books. The show gets very intense at times, and overall, I didn't feel very joyful after watching any of the episodes. I think it was worth watching, but I will probably never watch it again.

Comment

• I watched a five part documentary about The Comedy Store produced by Showtime. There were extended interviews with a number of Comedy Store veterans who got their start there such as: David Letterman, Jay Leno, Jimmie Walker, Damon Wayans, Jim Carrey, Michael Keaton, and others. I was amazed at the talent that was nurtured by that place! Very interesting show!

Comment

• Just finished watching a series called 'The Walk In' starring Stephen Graham. Like everything that man stars in, it was fantastic.

Comment

• I watched Season 1 of the remake of "Lost In Space". I was aware of it, but had never watched it. The original show was very campy and humorous, and I still enjoy watching the occasional rerun. The remake attempts to represent hard scifi and succeeds, at least in part. However, there is very little in the show that would pass for humor. Also, the character of "Dr. Smith" has taken a hard turn to complete sociopathic evil. I kept hoping she would get shot, stabbed, crushed, or blown out an airlock. This remake only went for three seasons. I suppose I will watch the rest. They did, afterall, leave the first season with a huge cliffhanger.

Comment

• I watched seasons 1 and 2 of "The Orville". I enjoyed the show. There are similarities to the Star Trek universe and its many TV and movie incarnations. This is not surprising, as some of the same people who produced Star Trek stuff are producing on Orville. The show has some good humor and some good science fiction. However, some of the episodes really stretch credibility in the science department. Still, it is a fun to watch show, so I am willing to overlook the occasional detour into the absurd.

Comment

• I finally got to see season 6 of Lucifer. As usual, there was a lot of really good humor, but I was not at all happy with the way the show wrapped up. There was a potential time travel paradox that forced the unsatisfying ending, at least in the minds of the characters. Personally, I'm not sure that it was really an issue. I suspect the writers of "Back to the Future" may have resolved the problem differently.

I also watched "House of the Dragon". The style was different from "Game of Thrones" in some ways. One difference was that there were some time jumps where characters were suddenly years older. But, overall, I thought it was well done and I will look forward to the second season.

Comment

• I heard about a BBC show by Neil Gaiman called "Neverwhere" from a friend. My public library didn't have a copy. However, I found an excellent set of DVD's at Half-Priced Books. Its a fun show with a lot of similarities to good Dr. Who episodes. The story is set in London and has a lot of on location scenes shot all over the city and in many parts of its underground subway and sewer systems. The cast an crew had fun getting dirty!

Comment

• I watched "Terra Nova". What I saw was meant to be Season 1. Unfortunately, the show was cancelled even though it had good ratings and viewership. From what I read, Steven Spielberg, who helped produce the show, decided to film in Australia instead of Hawaii. That decision greatly increased production costs to an average of 4 million per episode, which was the main reason the show was cancelled. Too bad! I enjoyed the show's premise which was a space-time gateway from terribly polluted and environmentally destroyed 2100's Earth to an alternate universe/time-line Earth set in the Cretaceous (Dinosaurs!) Period. One hell of a cliffhanger never got resolved!

Comment

• I am currently rewatching "The Vampire Diaries". I have most of the series on DVD. Its a fun and poignant show that is not afraid to make fun of itself and other shows.

Comment

• I have been re-watching some of the Sherlock Holmes episodes starring Jeremy Brett. He is my favorite Holmes actor!

Comment

Working...
                                            X