Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The newest season of Rake was released on Netflix recently. I had intended to binge watch it, but life had other plans. I've only seen the first 2 episodes

Comment

Magnum PI, finally got the whole series and I think G actually likes it...
      Ye know why they`re on the internet don`t ye? `Cause ye wouldnae speak to them in the fecking pub! ~ Billy Connolley

Comment

Originally posted by Perfect Warrior View Post
        Is anyone watching Salvation? Extinction grade asteroid detected. Now can our intrepid heroes do anything about it? (I found the first episode a little soap-operaish.)
        Yes, we are. It's okay for a summer show.

Comment

• Perfect Warrior
          Perfect Warrior commented
          Editing a comment
          I stick with my initial assessment of a soap opera. But I am watching it. (Just not recording it.)
          Smithsonian channel lists one thing, broadcasts another.
          I'm iffy about Dark Matter. Orphan Black is worth the rewatch.

I was ready to give up on Dark Matter, but I did like the latest episode. I've never watched Orphan Black.

Comment

Finally caught up on Shadow Hunters..been binge watching it the last couple weeks after finding it. Not a great show but not bad for being based on a young adult novel
          Gonna change my evil ways...one of these days

Comment

Preacher, Victoria, Broadchurch, Dr. Who, When Time Goes By, Turn, Better Call Saul, Lucifer, Americans, Sherlock, Big Bang Theory, Orphan Black and an awful lot of World War II on AHC because my husband enjoys it. Oh, and Saving Hope, but I can't figure out why I like it. That looks like a lot, but what's on depends on the season.
            “A sinner can always repent, but stupid is forever.”
            Billy Sunday

Comment

Shooter (on USA, I think) with Ryan Phillipe and Omar Epps.

And, Game of Thrones.
              WHAT IF THERE WERE NO HYPOTHETICAL QUESTIONS?

THE CHICKEN CROSSING THE ROAD WAS POULTRY IN MOTION

Comment

Now:

Game of Thrones: I'm a huge fan! Didn't start watching until season 3, but now own all the Blu-ray's, read all the books, & wait with baited breath for the season finale this Sunday

Ray Donovan: loved the earlier seasons, but this season is strange so far with big story-telling style changes; haven't made a decision yet on whether I like it or not

Looking forward to this fall:

Arrow, Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, & Supergirl: record them on DVR & watch when I have time; mindless fun

Lucifer: a ridiculous concept (the Devil leaves Hell for LA to solve crimes), but surprisingly good due to great writing & acting; FYI based on a graphic novel

Outlander: historical romance novels turned into a show, yet some pretty dark stuff & historical events; great acting, writing, & cinematography; read all the books & can't wait for more

Looking forward to:

The Defenders (once I have free time): loved Daredevil & Jessica Jones; Luke Cage is good, but not as good comparatively; Iron Fist was meh for me; hopefully the team up is worth it

The Crown: I've been fascinated by royalty all my life & loved the 1st season "behind the public facade" sort of storytelling

House of Cards: the last season wasn't as great as earlier ones, but still thoroughly enjoyable; Kevin Spacey & Robin Wright are amazing!

Sherlock: own all on Blu-ray; loved the old Basil Rathbone & Jeremy Brett Sherlock's, but Benedict Cumberbatch with Martin Freeman blow me away; I patiently wait for more

The Americans: If you haven't watched this you should!!! Russian spies living in the US under cover in the 80's. Last season was more character based than action; next is the last I think

What I just finished:

Orphan Black: clones live amongst us; series just ended; great early seasons, then went in odd directions & IMHO got a bit weighted down by it's own mythology; still enjoyable & I'll miss it

Downton Abbey: Over the summer I re-watched the series with Hubby; he didn't care when it was on, but finally talked him into it due to the pre & post WWI period, then he loved it

Comment

• ~mj~
                  ~mj~ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hubby loved Downton also...

I've really got to watch Shadow Hunters. Right now, I'm watching The Mist. It's kind of variable. I have been spoiled about who really did a certain dirty deed, and that fact is making it hard for me to watch until that reveal.

Comment

Shadow Hunters is good and their weapons look much more realistic in the 2nd season than they did at first. Dreigha and I just started watching Orphan Black and have made it to the 2nd season. A friend has been bugging me to watch it for years. Also started watching Midnight Texas which is interesting

Comment

I watched the first episode of The Orville yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. Yes it's a spoof of the Original Star Trek, but I think it's going to work as a show. (Not knitting TV- some of the jokes are visual.)

Comment

Finished Orphan Black a while ago and tried to start watching it again with my daughter but they've taken it off of On Demand. I'll be buying it when it comes out on DVD. I just started watching Outlander but am only on the second episode.

Comment

Saw SEAL Team and Wisdom of the Crowd. Both are OK. Will keep watching for awhile.

That Wisdom of the Crowd is a very scary concept--using social media to stalk/capture persons of interest in crimes. I think a case of mistaken identity already happened after the Charlottesville incident with some innocent man being pegged for one of the neo-nazi jerks and the wrong man's photo plastered all over Facebook or something. Oops. Sorry, fella.
                        Last edited by LamBear*; 10-03-2017, 11:05 AM. Reason: ETA: found this link: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/14/us/charlottesville-doxxing.html
                        WHAT IF THERE WERE NO HYPOTHETICAL QUESTIONS?

THE CHICKEN CROSSING THE ROAD WAS POULTRY IN MOTION

Comment

Alias Grace, The Good Doctor

Comment

I have The Punisher series, ready to watch. When I have time. That might be a while.

Comment

Why are people raving about the season premiere of Marvel Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.? I'm all feh, feh, meh. Time travel, dystopian future, outer space? I've seldom seen time travel done well.

Comment

I've been following "The Curse of Oak Island" intently. They made some cool finds last season and should continue to this season. It is a great mystery that may actually get solved. My guess is that rumors of a solution will leak out and we'll hear something before seeing it for the first time on the show and we haven't heard that so it is unlikely this season. But still, there has been more coming out recently and enough to keep me fascinated.

Comment

Originally posted by Zillini View Post

Downton Abbey: Over the summer I re-watched the series with Hubby; he didn't care when it was on, but finally talked him into it due to the pre & post WWI period, then he loved it
                                  Just finished this for the first time - with spouse in tow in similar circumstances. Started out much stronger than it finished but overall worth watching. Speculated on Mr Bates middle name being Job.

Got dragged into Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency more or less unwillingly, but am now hooked - it's just soooo weird, and the cast is quite good.

Officially gave up on NCIS last Tuesday. I never saw anything jump the proverbial shark that obviously before. Moving on to the recommended Lethal Weapon this week, see how that goes.

Comment

• ~mj~
                                    ~mj~ commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    What happened on NCIS? Or do I want to know?

• Ceridwen
                                    Ceridwen commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    In an effort to avoid spoilers, lets just say that everyone in the episode acted counter to established and behaved so stupidly as to cause the situation rather than resolve it - that and a new character, a square peg, is being jammed into quite a round hole and its jarring and annoying

I started rewatching The West Wing this month. I don't know why, as I've got so much stuff I haven't seen to watch. Probably has something to do with Aaron Sorkin's amazing writing, so if that's the case, maybe I'll be able to pull myself away from it after season four. Still a great show, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Perfect Warrior View Post
                                    Why are people raving about the season premiere of Marvel Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.? I'm all feh, feh, meh. Time travel, dystopian future, outer space? I've seldom seen time travel done well.
                                    I wouldn't rave about it, but it's rather enjoyable so far. Still, a puzzling choice of direction. Season 4, SHIELD finally, finally becomes a legitimate government organization again... and then it goes back into disfavor after the Aida debacle... I think? Rather than sort this out or even align Agents of SHIELD so that they can be "somewhere" to react to Infinity War, let's push them into space and 100 years in the future?
                                    Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

Watched all of Lucifer over the last month and really like it. Started watching The Orville and Magicians

Comment

Given the end of an era this past Christmas, I've taken to rewatching the Doctor Who revival. It's been years since I've seen many of these episodes, so some of them actually feel kinda new again. I'm about half way through season one with the Ninth Doctor, at the moment. Eccleston is great in the role, shame we only got 13 episodes with him.

Comment

Takk, I'm going to attempt a run through the classic Doctor Who. I've seen many, but probably missed a huge chunk!

Comment

Originally posted by dubiousbystander View Post
                                            Takk, I'm going to attempt a run through the classic Doctor Who. I've seen many, but probably missed a huge chunk!
                                            Well, there's a huge chunk of stuff missing from the first and second Doctors, so it's impossible to see it all. Still, that's a long push. I did it a few years back, watching everything that didn't require a reconstruction of any kind (save for the First Doctor's final story, as I couldn't justify skipping that even as a recon), and it gets really rough in a few spots. I'm glad I did it, but I've since been left with little desire to see most anything prior to The Movie ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by Takk View Post

Well, there's a huge chunk of stuff missing from the first and second Doctors, so it's impossible to see it all. Still, that's a long push. I did it a few years back, watching everything that didn't require a reconstruction of any kind (save for the First Doctor's final story, as I couldn't justify skipping that even as a recon), and it gets really rough in a few spots. I'm glad I did it, but I've since been left with little desire to see most anything prior to The Movie ever again.
                                              Oh yes, I know about the missing episodes. I first encountered Doctor Who on PBS in the 80s, so I really started with Tom Baker. Then I caught what of Peter's aired, and I suffered through some of Colin's. I keep thinking some episodes never got here. I loved Sylvester's, yet when I saw a list of episodes, I found there were some I just don't remember.

Comment

Working...
                                              X