Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reverie is a new sci-fi that seems promising. I've seen the pilot. There are ways this can easily go bad, given that we're dealing with computer generated fantasy worlds, but the first episode is promising.

Comment

Checking out the first episode of Reverie. "Hi. Um, some mysterious problem is happening." "No, wait. It's not mysterious. People are just choosing not to come out." In the meantime, our heroine has major trauma from being unable to stop her sister's loser scum deranged hubby from murdering her sister and niece. So that means that she will get stuck in there, perhaps choosing not to come out. Sometimes there is too much revealed in the first, just as setup for when what used to work no longer does. Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey View Post
        Waiting for the final season of Game of Thrones and of Vikings. Currently, I am watching old western shows: Have Gun Will Travel and The High Chaparral.
        My kind of TV.

Waiting for Hubby to get past watching college baseball so we can catch up on the final episodes of Blindspot, Hawaii 5-0, Seal Team, Taken and a couple of others. Being married to a sports junkie is a pain. Meantime I'll watch whatever grabs my fancy on Starz and Showtime because they don't have commercials.
        WHAT IF THERE WERE NO HYPOTHETICAL QUESTIONS?

THE CHICKEN CROSSING THE ROAD WAS POULTRY IN MOTION

Comment

Is nobody watching TV?

Watched the first episode of the new Magnum. Jay Hernandez is no Tom Selleck. Since it's set up on our dvr, I'll probably watch a little more, with low expectations. Don't mind the Hawaii 5-0 crossover stuff since I like Hawaii 5-0.

Manifest: Intriguing so far, but I understand there's been other shows with the same "theme" that I've never heard of and this one is being compared to those, but I'm unfazed by comparisons. Will watch some more.

The Rookie: Looking forward to Nathan Fillion in another show.

Hang in there Rockies!

Comment

I watched the two seasons of "Legend of the Seeker". I really enjoyed it and wish it had not been cancelled so early. The show was based on a series of books by Terry Goodkind. I have never read his books, but I have seen them in book stores for years. I may have to give him a try sometime.

Comment

Well, I'm watching the Good Doctor.
              I did watch the Vanity Fair miniseries, but found it a bit of a shrug.
              When an episode description interests me on History or Discovery or BBC I'll watch. Those two BBC things on slavery were interesting, the british point of view in the Victorian era.
              The Nature of Things has had some interesting episodes recently.
              New Amsterdam is a feh.
              Space channel is teasing the next season of Discovery with little shorts.

Comment

I have been re-watching "Zena". Its been years since I last saw it, so I have forgotten most of it. Its a fun show, but they really butcher history. They go from ancient Greek myths like the fall of Troy all the way up to Julius Caesar. Zena and Gabby are quite the world travelers too. In one episode, they are in Britannia helping Boudicca fight Julius Caesar (Caesar was long dead when Boudicca fought Romans). Two eps later, Zena and Gabby are in China. Also, I had totally forgotten that there were so many versions of "Joxer the Mighty".

Comment

Watched "Maniac" on Netflix recently and it was pretty good. Also "Bird Box" and "What Happened to Monday," also Netflix movies.
                  Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

A friend convinced me to watch Terrace House: Opening New Doors. Terrace House is a Japanese reality show where heterosexual men and women live together and try to form relationships. I'm not fond of reality shows in general, but it's good to be able to chat about it with my friend.

Comment

Very little on TV that really interests me. Before I left the post office , I often had a hard time catching anything that started at 7, especially this past October through December. 10-12 hour days all the time. Two of my favorites were The Gifted, which I quit watching due to the time it aired and Midnight, Texas. Wanted to watch Doctor Who, but my cable system doesn't offer BBC America. Wanted to give Outlander and Game of Thrones a try but I don't have any premium channels.

Comment

• Cyrus The Great
                        Cyrus The Great commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I get all the premium channel shows of interest to me from my public library. Just a thought, if you haven't considered that.

• Coolwater
                        Coolwater commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Oh, my gosh! Hi! You left the PO! And your kids are grown, they must be. Has life gotten calmer?

I am currently going through Stargate: Atlantis Season 5, and Supernatural Season 1.

Comment

I am currently enjoying season 2 of "Westworld". Its even better than the first season!

Comment

Now checking out Kamen Rider Zi-O, the current Kamen Rider series that also includes humorous shorts breaking the 4th wall to explain a bit about the episodes and additional promotion of the toys.

Comment

I rewatched "Firefly". Every time I see it, I am left wanting more! Damn the Powers for cancelling that show!

Comment

G got MASH for his Bday so we have been binge watching that...
                              Ye know why they`re on the internet don`t ye? `Cause ye wouldnae speak to them in the fecking pub! ~ Billy Connolley

Comment

Listening to Trek Geeks: A Star Trek Podcast, has caused me to start watching the Enterprise series. Before that series started, I'd decided that when audiences were flagging, ST writers tended to use time travel episodes to bolster interest. I had a lot of trouble with Enterprise for most of its run. Perhaps after such a long breather, I can enjoy it more. I'm only in the second episode now.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrus The Great View Post
                                  I rewatched "Firefly". Every time I see it, I am left wanting more! Damn the Powers for cancelling that show!
                                  I have that same reaction and I feel cheated not getting more. The Rookie isn't anywhere near as engaging, but it is Nathan and I think the stories, or at least the gelling of the cast, is improving.

Comment

• Cyrus The Great
                                    Cyrus The Great commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    I may have to look into "The Rookie".

• LamBear*
                                    LamBear* commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Cyrus, The Rookie is pretty uneven in the beginning, but does find its footing as it goes along. NF's character's training officer, Bishop, (Afton Williamson, I think is the actress) is wonderful.

Enterprise early season 1 still does not fare well. I took a break to watch first season Voyager again. It fares better. The Orville, now that's a surprising treasure!

Comment

Currently re-watching "True Blood". Its one of my favorite shows.

Comment

We're keen on what we call "Roo Key." Fillian does such great reactions to absurd situations and the show isn't so heavy that you have to shake off the grimness afterwards. We watched the entirety of Person of Interest. I'd seen it, but it was new to Bill. It's frightening how much ofwhat they predicted has come true. Oh, and season 3 of both Resurrection Ertegrul and Versailles. I'm glad to be watching Killing Eve.
                                      “A sinner can always repent, but stupid is forever.”
                                      Billy Sunday

Comment

Yes, Coolwater, the kids are grown. Youngest son moved out about 4 years ago. No one likes his girl but I tolerate her because he "loves" her. Hoping he comes to his senses and finds someone better but not holding my breath. They've lived together most of the last 4 years and had 2 miscarriages together. Daughter graduated college with a major in English and a minor in Religion. She's still at home because of huge student loan debt and no driver's license but she has a full-time job at Meijer for now. Oldest son...no license, no respect, refuses to be a decent human being and has almost died twice due to his own stupidity. Refuses to pay me anything for household expenses. I won't let daughter pay anything because he won't. Grandson, who is actually the son of my youngest son's deceased best friend, is now 8 going on 18. He's a joy! Still trying to unload deadbeat ex again. Tossed him out in 2014 but oldest brought him back. When I was working I had the funds to evict but not the time. Now I have the time but not the money. I'm working a part-time job for some exercise and the extra money to make my bills. Missing Mom tremendously! Her death was sudden and unexpected.

Comment

Watching all manner of shows at the moment.

About halfway into "Cobra Kai," season 2, which is like the best thing ever. 3 episodes left of "Game of Thrones." In the middle of "Black Summer" on Netflix (really good!), just finished "The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina" season 2, and in the midst of watching the final episodes of the latest seasons of "Flash" and "Arrow."
                                          Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

Currently re-watching Buffy. Mostly a great pleasure every time I go through it, although Joss has a bad habit of killing characters that I really like!

Comment

I've watched The Good Place, all the way through to the end of Season 3. Like many shows, it has the mistake of resetting it's main relationship in order to build it again, and this is a failure in many ways. The characters are not really allowed to grow. I do hope Season 4 goes well. I already know one plot complication to expect, but I'd love to see refugees from The Bad Place.

Comment

• Stumbled upon something called "Condor", a 10 episode series on Audience channel, based on the movie "Three Days of the Condor", although updated considerably. A second season is slated for sometime later this year I think. I liked it a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                                X