This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What TV shows are you watching?

Right now, "Better Call Saul" and "American Gods" on TV. Beyond that, I'm working my way through Arrow... middle of season 2 right now.
    Highlander: Dark Places

Flash, Supergirl, Scorpion, The 100. Waiting on others to return like Grace and Frankie and The Ranch
    ​​​​​​
    Gonna change my evil ways...one of these days

Comment

Working my way through Miss FIsher's Murder Mysteries and Foyle's War.

Comment

Midsomer Murders, Broadchurch, Doctor Who, Timeless (happily renewed after being cancelled), Madame Secretary, Designated Survivor...

Comment

Shows I watch religiously:

Game of Thrones (is it July, yet?)
          Arrow (oh man, that finale really messed me up)
          Flash (this season was predictable but still mostly solid)
          Supergirl (I really hope we see more of Superman next season)
          Legends of Tomorrow (not as good as the other DCCW shows, but it has its moments)

Other currently running shows I watch:

Chronicles of Shanara (this is a great adaptation despite being produced by MTV)
          Gotham (this show is really fun to watch but doesn't hold up well if you think about it)
          Designated Survivor (all the crazy political conspiracy theories you need)
          House of Cards (next week can't bring season five fast enough)
          Doctor Who (I've only seen The Pilot this season, sadly)
          Star Wars: Rebels (it's actually better than most of the movies, imo)
          Degrassi: Next Class (it's a guilty pleasure sorta thing)

Recently cancelled shows I watched:

Bones (one of my long time favorites, it was really sad to see this one end)
          Powerless (this quirky DC side story sitcom was actually a lot of fun)

Comment

Game of Thrones
            It's getting funky up in herre!

Midnight Rambler formerly known as...

Comment

The Curse of Oak Island - of my bucket list of mysteries that may be solved in my lifetime this one is by far #1
              Forged in Fire

Comment

I got the bluray set of Quantum Leap. Been watching about one episode a day. Up to the end of Season 4 so far.
                Been watching the new episodes of Doctor Who each Saturday. I watch Gotham usually on Wednesdays.
                Looking forward to checking out the revival of Twin Peaks.
                Power to the Donut!

Comment

Most of my favs have gone to reruns (Chicago Fire, Chicago Med, Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, Criminal Minds and Blue Bloods) so my viewing is limited to White Princess, Leftovers, Designated Survivor and ER reruns on the Pop Network. I'm waiting for Game of Thrones, Outlander, Ray Donovan, Billions, Walking Dead and Night Shift to come back.

Comment

• Lady_CJ
                    Lady_CJ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I forgot Code Black.

• ~mj~
                    ~mj~ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I would love to get Outlander on disc, but they are pricey!!

I am currently going through Stargate SG1. As I moved to Japan in January, 1998, and that was hundreds of years ago when we could not conveniently find and stream shows, I've hardly seen any episodes until years later, when most of the bits with the humanoid Replicants that I caught annoyed me.

I'm in Season 4 now, getting close to Season 5, as I'm at Entity.

Comment

• SouthernChickie
                    SouthernChickie commented
                    Editing a comment
                    SG-1 is my JAM!!! It has its clunkers, but overall it's a damn good show.

• Colleengael
                    Colleengael commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I won a SG1 season DVD set at a Fan Odyssey Con when Michael Shanks pulled out my raffle ticket.

I watched the first episode of Still Star-crossed last night. Not sure what I think. It's basically what happened *after* Romeo & Juliet, with a few of the play's scenes done in the first episode. Trying to expand Shakespeare has been done before, and it's a bit of a minefield as far as fans putting up with it.

Comment

G and I are working our way through the SG series, we have watched SG1, Atlantis, and are about to start Universe. Next up will likely be CSI...
                    Ye know why they`re on the internet don`t ye? `Cause ye wouldnae speak to them in the fecking pub! ~ Billy Connolley

Comment

Tonight I watched the United Kingdom "Life on Mars" episode three, season one, with a few friends! That was quite delightful!

Comment

Game of Thrones primarily but I do Tune in for a few other random ones like Orange is the New Black, Narcos, Better Call Saul and probably will with Legion next year.

Comment

I just watched a PBS series on the net..Victorian Slum House I think it was called? Interesting. My great grandparents (may be another great in there) would have had to deal with much the same living conditions. Those poor people, good god!
                          Ye know why they`re on the internet don`t ye? `Cause ye wouldnae speak to them in the fecking pub! ~ Billy Connolley

Comment

Still catching up on or have seen the final series episodes of:
                            Blindspot
                            Designated Survivor
                            Hawaii 5-0
                            Blue Bloods
                            Bull
                            Elementary
                            Taken
                            Timeless

Will miss (all done):
                            Blacksails
                            Rogue

Waiting for:
                            Game of Thrones
                            Outlander
                            Vikings (!!!!!)

And then there's House Hunters International and Island Life and Fixer Upper on HGTV

OK, so I watch a lot of television
                            WHAT IF THERE WERE NO HYPOTHETICAL QUESTIONS?

THE CHICKEN CROSSING THE ROAD WAS POULTRY IN MOTION

Comment

I just caught up on Gotham last night. I also try to keep up with Flash, Legends, and Arrow on CW. I adore Call the Midwife, The Crown, Doctor Who (Class is OK), Timless, Riverdale, and Ghost Adventures. I will forever get sucked into CSI and Stargate marathons.

I work for a geek store so I have to be up on my nerd shows.....that's my excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernChickie View Post
                                I just caught up on Gotham last night.
                                What did you think of Alexander Siddig? Granted we didn't get much of him in the role, but as excited as I was to see him, he didn't seem to even hold a candle to Matt Nable, in my opinion. Of course, Liam Neeson was great back when he did it, but I felt Nable managed to out play him, as well, though that may have just been the way their roles were written (and honestly I feel like I have to make an excuse to justify that opinion since Neeson is one of my all time favorite actors, lol).

Comment

• SouthernChickie
                                  SouthernChickie commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  It's a ridiculous hard role to pull off. I think he did alright with the time he had. Ra's has never been a favorite character of mine so I don't got into any storyline with him expecting much. We haven't seen enough of him to really be able to compare him to how they played the character in Arrow, which for now is my favorite.

Pertwee is far and away the best Alfred in the history of ever. Until Gotham, Caine was my favorite Alfred. Caine was the first live action Alfred that hinted at his MI-5 past and made it feel like it was believable backstory for the character. But the way they wrote him on Gotham and what Pertwee is able to pull off with the character makes him the best character on the show.

Also, have you noticed that they can only write interesting female characters if they're evil? Barbara and Lee both became so much more interesting to watch once they were bad guys.

New episodes of Dark Matter & Orphan Black this weekend- I'm looking forward to that. Lately I've been mostly PVRing syndicated stuff.

Comment

Doctor Who
                                  Once Upon A Time
                                  Orphan Black
                                  Game Of Thrones (begrudgingly; one of two HBO guilty pleasures; the other has ended and I'll not mention it)
                                  White Princess

Silicon Valley
                                  Insecure
                                  The Divorce
                                  The Ranch
                                  Grace & Frankie
                                  Love
                                  Transparent
                                  Portlandia

Thunderbolt Fantasy
                                  Dragon Ball Super
                                  Sailor Moon Crystal

Special mentions for shows that recently ended or were cancelled:

House of Lies
                                  Last Man Standing

Shows that were great but ended abruptly within the past few years:

Camelot
                                  The Borgias

That's off the top of my head.
                                  The shows I have lapsed on are too many such as Agents of Shield and Scandal. One day I'll catch up on them. Or I won't as I travel the world instead lol.

Comment

I'm eagerly awaiting a new season of "The Curse of Oak Island", they were finding some interesting stuff at the end of the last one. It may be the only one of those 'search' type shows to actually solve something.

Comment

• Draknoir2
                                      Draknoir2 commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      I like that show too.

• ~mj~
                                      ~mj~ commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      I have watched some, I seem to tune in half way through the season and get confused about what came first. I have actually been to oak island (many years ago) there was nothing really to see then.

Revolution on Netflix

Comment

Originally posted by Lady_CJ View Post
                                      Revolution on Netflix
                                      I watched Revolution as it originally aired for the first half of the first season, but then something happened midway through that made me feel like the story up to that point was just a big middle finger and I stopped following it... I've often thought about going back and finishing it because I loved the concept, but just never have.

If you've passed the midway point of the first season, may I ask, is it still good? Does it get better? Do they justify that slap in the face, or just push past it without much trouble?

If you don't know what moment I'm talking about, it's because I'm trying to avoid spoilers while talking about a spoiler, but I'm hoping it's obvious enough from how I've described it that if you've watched that far you'll know what I'm talking about.

Comment

• Lady_CJ
                                        Lady_CJ commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        I finished watching both seasons and I thought it was very good. I didn't want it to end. I'm not sure what "slap in the face" you're talking about but I thought it was a great concept and very well written and acted. You ought to give it another shot.

• Takk
                                        Takk commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        ***spoilers for those who haven't watched it***

The slap in the face I felt was after spending the first half of the first season trying to save her brother, they go and kill him off right as they succeed.

Originally posted by Takk View Post

I watched Revolution as it originally aired for the first half of the first season, but then something happened midway through that made me feel like the story up to that point was just a big middle finger and I stopped following it... I've often thought about going back and finishing it because I loved the concept, but just never have.

If you've passed the midway point of the first season, may I ask, is it still good? Does it get better? Do they justify that slap in the face, or just push past it without much trouble?

If you don't know what moment I'm talking about, it's because I'm trying to avoid spoilers while talking about a spoiler, but I'm hoping it's obvious enough from how I've described it that if you've watched that far you'll know what I'm talking about.
                                      All of the first season was good but then they lost their way with the second season which felt like a ScyFY movie and not one of the better ones.
                                      Gonna change my evil ways...one of these days

Comment

Is anyone watching Salvation? Extinction grade asteroid detected. Now can our intrepid heroes do anything about it? (I found the first episode a little soap-operaish.)

Comment

• dubiousbystander
                                          dubiousbystander commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          I'll try and check it out.

• dubiousbystander
                                          dubiousbystander commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          I've started watching it. It did, in that first episode, seem rife for mockery. (Oh look, it's Tony Stark!)
                                      Working...
                                      X