It's happening again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's happening again.

Is there no other soul on this board who is actually watching the 3rd season of Twin Peaks? Verily, I expected some of you chatterbugs to at least be discussing it. No one has been waiting 26 years for it to return? That's a drop in the bucket for some of you chaps! Come on, get a damn good coffee, some cherry pie, a log and head in to the Black Lodge for some powwow about this show.

Or leave me alone in here to enjoy it by myself if you're going to be all sassy.

I am watching.

And it is glorious.

TOOTCB will watch it, too, eventually, in the vast space of time.

Comment

Since I am not watching, I'll tiptoe out.

Comment

You have to have SHO to pick it up. I'll wait and watch the old series On Demand.
        “A sinner can always repent, but stupid is forever.”
        Billy Sunday

Comment

I am watching it. More like eraser head than the old series but I am willing to see where it goes. Fun to see the cast again.

Comment

I never got past the second episode of the original. It just didn't hold my interest. Enjoy your viewing if you are into it.

Comment

Originally posted by n107 View Post
              Is there no other soul on this board who is actually watching the 3rd season of Twin Peaks? Verily, I expected some of you chatterbugs to at least be discussing it. No one has been waiting 26 years for it to return? That's a drop in the bucket for some of you chaps! Come on, get a damn good coffee, some cherry pie, a log and head in to the Black Lodge for some powwow about this show.

Or leave me alone in here to enjoy it by myself if you're going to be all sassy.
              I love the crap out of David Lynch stuff (minus "Inland Empire"... he literally just trolled everybody with it, as he's admitted, just random nonsense for the sake of random nonsense) but my memory is so fuzzy of the original show. I'll need to rewatch it before I dig into the new stuff, which I've planned, but I'm rather anxious to. It's just so cool they really did make good on the "See you in 25 years" thing.
              Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

If you didn't like Inland Empire...

Comment

Also, why not post your serial progress here?

Comment

Originally posted by Aleander View Post
                    If you didn't like Inland Empire...
                    Hey, I don't mind weird. I love weird, when there's a point to it, however vague and unclear. It's just Inland Empire, Lynch was just doing an experiment on his audiences and there was no point, intentionally. And now that I've met the Man from the Other Place... the Ahriman trilogy with the little guy was totally trying to rip off Lynch, wasn't it?

So far I'm exactly one episode into Season 2 of Twin Peaks. I watched both versions of the pilot, too, and kind of confused myself for a little bit... now I'm pretty clear. I'm really enjoying the show greatly. If anything, I'd like it to go even more weird.

Comment

Yeah, the Richiekiller now comes off even worse. If ONLY they went for actual weird in that arc, I might've forgiven the entire concept... but like I said in what they did wrong with the show at the time, they chickened out. Pulled punches.

The International Pilot is, well, non-canon. Everything after that is. The best way to look at the show, without spoilers, is the first 15 episodes (Pilor + Eps. 1-14) of the original run as Season One, and the rest as Season Two. With the actual season one finale as a Mid-Season Finale, if you catch my drift.

As for my Inland Empire remark... Well, wait until the third season.

Comment

Yeah, the Richiekiller now comes off even worse. If ONLY they went for actual weird in that arc, I might've forgiven the entire concept... but like I said in what they did wrong with the show at the time, they chickened out. Pulled punches.
                        Yeah, they should have committed to full weird.

The International Pilot is, well, non-canon.
                        Though as you know, large parts of that ending footage found their place into other episodes. The whole lodge bit was inserted as a dream in episode 3, and Bob talking to the camera footage showed up later, too.

It's funny how much this was come up with on the fly. He just happened to have that footage laying there from the mandated international conclusion in that pilot, and slipped it elsewhere. The Bob actor just happened to be in a shot, so that character and set decorator became a thing on the spot.

Everything after that is. The best way to look at the show, without spoilers, is the first 15 episodes (Pilor + Eps. 1-14) of the original run as Season One, and the rest as Season Two. With the actual season one finale as a Mid-Season Finale, if you catch my drift.
                        Seems about what I've been led to understand.

As for my Inland Empire remark... Well, wait until the third season.
                        I don't know if you can compare it to Inland Empire until it's all done and we've seen all of the episodes. It can be super, super weird as long as it ties together, however strangely, and isn't just Lynch throwing weird stuff out to be weird. Mulholland Dr is an example of how to do that very, very right.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                          Yeah, they should have committed to full weird.
                          At the very least, we'd get an earnest homage to Lynch. Instead, we have a Lynch/Fellini rip-off insult that does no one service.

In the olden days, Toot & Takk would've lampooned this shit!

Though as you know, large parts of that ending footage found their place into other episodes. The whole lodge bit was inserted as a dream in episode 3, and Bob talking to the camera footage showed up later, too.

It's funny how much this was come up with on the fly. He just happened to have that footage laying there from the mandated international conclusion in that pilot, and slipped it elsewhere. The Bob actor just happened to be in a shot, so that character and set decorator became a thing on the spot.
                          Its Lynch's genius with improvisation. Sparks flew on that set.

I don't know if you can compare it to Inland Empire until it's all done and we've seen all of the episodes. It can be super, super weird as long as it ties together, however strangely, and isn't just Lynch throwing weird stuff out to be weird. Mulholland Dr is an example of how to do that very, very right.
                          I'm just saying.

And I love Mullholland Dr. Are you aware it started life as a spin-off to Twin Peaks, with Audrey in the main role? And was supposed to be a show, to boot?

Comment

And I love Mullholland Dr. Are you aware it started life as a spin-off to Twin Peaks, with Audrey in the main role? And was supposed to be a show, to boot?
                            I'm aware that Mulholland Dr began as a TV show pilot that became a movie instead and it took a long time to do so. I never knew it was intended as a Twin Peaks thing.

How come Audrey isn't in the new Twin Peaks? I don't see her in the credits.

Comment

Also, confused about one thing late into season 1. When they play the tape from the bird, they heard it saying, "Leland! Leland!" But no one does anything with this information. Why is that?

Comment

How come Audrey isn't in the new Twin Peaks? I don't see her in the credits.
                                She will be. She's just of several characters that haven't yet appeared. I'm surprised Big Ed didn't show last week.

Also, confused about one thing late into season 1. When they play the tape from the bird, they heard it saying, "Leland! Leland!" But no one does anything with this information. Why is that?
                                Well, I can't begin to tell ya. Because people in Twin Peaks are generally dim?

Comment

Well, I can't begin to tell ya. Because people in Twin Peaks are generally dim?
                                  But even Cooper is in the room listening to it, also. Literally, nothing comes of that information. I'm sitting there yelling at the TV, "Hooo... shit, they just got Leland dead to rights!" But nada. It's like it never happened.

I'm getting further into season 2. Damn, Michael Parks is just killing people left and right, right from jump. Very sad that he just died.

Comment

I think Parks will appear in the third season. Can't be too sure, though.

What episode are you on? Overall, I mean.

Comment

I think Parks will appear in the third season. Can't be too sure, though.

What episode are you on? Overall, I mean.
                                      About to watch season 2, episode 7 tonight, if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Ah, right. Episode 14.

Basically, the essential Season One finale. If you watch it with that mindset, you'll enjoy it more.

Are you watching the blu-rays?
                                        Last edited by Aleander; 06-09-2017, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Ah, right. Episode 14.

Basically, the essential Season One finale. If you watch it with that mindset, you'll enjoy it more.

Are you watching the blu-rays?
                                          Yeah, blu-rays.

On 9 now. Eh, I can kind of see what you mean about 7 being a season 1 finale... but not entirely. There is another victim and the audience knows who the killer is, but it's hardly wrapped up. Is he just loose the whole season 2?

Comment

David Lynch is on The Cleveland Show.

I watch that.

Comment

• Aleander
                                              Aleander commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              Its not on anymore, but yeah, he was awesome in it.

I wish they bring him back for Family Guy.

Yeah, blu-rays.

On 9 now. Eh, I can kind of see what you mean about 7 being a season 1 finale... but not entirely. There is another victim and the audience knows who the killer is, but it's hardly wrapped up. Is he just loose the whole season 2?
                                            It fits, because how the cycle repeats itself. Another victim, despite Cooper's investigating. The overall sombre mood is a great way to "cap off" the season, along with the fact that the mystery is solved. Its best to view that bunch as the Mystery season, and the next as the Windom Earle season, which is also wildly uneven, as you'll notice. And that song there... well, its just too beautiful.

Furthermore, the ultimate reveal is that BOB is fueling Leland. Take that as you will.

Comment

OK, I just finished episode 9 and 10 of season 2. Now episode 9, THIS feels like a season finale. Leland is apprehended (and then...), the whole thing is arguably put to bed, Cooper set to go home and all.

Comment

Episode 14 is the ideal season finale, because it ends with a cliffhanger. Just like season 2 in overall will.

Comment

Working...
                                                X