It's happening again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aleander View Post
    Episode 14 is the ideal season finale, because it ends with a cliffhanger.
    Well, episode 9 still ends on a cliffhanger, too. Bob is still out there, apparently able to possess anyone he wants to (I think?). We know that Leland wasn't even the first person he's possessed and killed through, so there's very much still the main threat out there.
    Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
      Well, episode 9 still ends on a cliffhanger, too. Bob is still out there, apparently able to possess anyone he wants to (I think?). We know that Leland wasn't even the first person he's possessed and killed through, so there's very much still the main threat out there.
      Well, the thing is, Bob is pretty much a non-issue for the show until the last few episodes. But my point stands - 14 ends the season like it began: With Bob killing a member of the Palmer family. And one that looks identical to the other.

Either way, that's it for the good episodes for now. I'm warning ya, fair and square: Its going to get real boring, real fast.

Comment

Either way, that's it for the good episodes for now. I'm warning ya, fair and square: Its going to get real boring, real fast.
        Damn. I didn't think you would be for me, but you're very right. These latest two episodes since nearly put me to sleep. Nadine pretending to be a high schooler is pretty lame, and wouldn't happen. A whole lot of nothing here. Not even weird stuff, just... nothing.

Comment

Actually, I find the Nadine sub-plot highly amusing. Stupid, yes, but still has charm to it. And considering what's next... yeah, I think its still one of the better fillers.

But, it is filler. Sadly. Lynch was off busying himself with Wild at Heart at the time, and it shows.

Comment

Actually, I find the Nadine sub-plot highly amusing. Stupid, yes, but still has charm to it. And considering what's next... yeah, I think its still one of the better fillers.

But, it is filler. Sadly. Lynch was off busying himself with Wild at Heart at the time, and it shows.
            Just saw episode 13 of season 2. OK, I admit, Nadine attacking Hank was pretty funny. The new murder victim at the end was unexpected... this feels a bit better.

Comment

Caught up yet?

Comment

Caught up yet?
                Not yet, I've been a little busy. Very shortly... maybe another week should do it.

Comment

Well, good luck. Enjoy the nonsense!

Comment

Well, good luck. Enjoy the nonsense!
                    OK, I'm done with season 2 and Fire Walk with Me.

It's pretty funny how Lynch's season finale (the first one he'd directed in some time) successfully stampedes over all of the nonsense so far in the season, tidying it up quickly enough. I didn't care for Windom Earle and he's very quickly removed from the board... his stupid chess game never even gets finished, and I was fine with that. Most characters' story arcs are more or less concluded... though the whole Ben, "I'm your father" to Donna, that didn't really go anywhere. Or her losing her virginity to Billy Zane. I doubt either of those things pays off in season 3. Anyway, I dug the finish. Definitely brought back the creep.

Fire Walk with Me. Didn't totally care for it. It definitely feels like a Lynch movie but... I guess I didn't see much of a point to it. Was the point just to illustrate Laura's last days? Because I already had a good picture in my head of how they went from all of the clues in season 1 and what everyone recounted, and it did end up being exactly like in the movie. Cooper trying to save her (I think?) by reaching back through time was kind of neat.

Comment

It introduces elements relevant to the new season, like the blur rose cases,Philip Jeffries and illustrating that there's an element of time travel in the Black Lodge. Oh, and don't forget about the ring!

You should definitely see the Missing Pieces, and work out how the narrative of Fire Walk With Me was supposed to have been. I think they're all canonical, too.

Comment

Watched "The Missing Pieces." Definitely provides a more fulfilling experience with "Fire Walk with Me."

What's with the blue ring, and is the bit with Annie in the past or in the present? What's up with Agent Desmond? Is any of this being explored in the new stuff?

Comment

Well, don't expect Annie anytime soon in the new show. Or at all. But its likely that she time-travelled briefly to Laura's past (or appeared on a vision) while she was on that hospital room in the deleted scene.

Comment

I've finished episode 4 of the new season. Really, really digging what I've seen so far... but the returned Cooper's... state of mind is wearing a bit thin on me.

Comment

Yeah. that'll last a little while. But, I'm glad you're enjoying this season. Its really wonderful and odd and weird and strange... and we're just halfway through!

Comment

I want Agent Cooper to be Agent Cooper... not "Mr. Jackpot." Though that whole episode was hilarious.

Comment

He's not. He's Dougie!

Comment

He's not. He's Dougie!
                                    No he's not. Dougie went... sploosh and became a gold bead. Or something.

Cooper is like an empty vessel right now. What do you reckon happened? 25 years in the lodge learning to communicate at those entities' speed has scrambled his brain? Does he NEED to be in his own exact body (i.e., where Bob is now) to access his memories now?

Comment

I've no idea. All I know is, the plot is thickening.

Comment

Up to the 2nd to latest episode now. The one I watched felt like a remake of "Eraserhead" with as weird as it was. With this episode in particular, I'm a little worried that it's Lynch back to just throwing random weird stuff on the screen to let people decide and theorize among each other what it means (ala "Inland Empire," as he's admitted) and not, you know, Lynch actually weaving together a tapestry of legit clues to a mystery that he's laid out intricately. I hope not.

Comment

Gotta light?

If you watched Episode 8, then you did just watch the most unhinged that Lynch has ever been. Its basically beautiful, in a primal way. Its also Kubrickian in how it shows the birth of evil and good. Its quite deep, in a way.

Now, don't worry. Episode 9 is the closest to the original show, in terms of overall presentation, so far. Its like it compensates for the overt 2001 tribute from two weeks before. Also, Lynch and Frost have said that they intend to resolve several plot threads left dangling from the first two seasons, and I think its possible. I also think Lynch is effectively trolling the fans, so there's that.

Comment

But yeah, now you know what I meant by my comment about Inland Empire.

Comment

Eh... I liked 9, as it did in fact pay off a few things that were thrown out early in this "season." 10 just seems to be spinning wheels. I feel like they kind of need to shit or get off the pot with the Dougie thing.

Comment

I really do wish we'd get to the bottom of the Dougie story, but I fear we're not over yet with that.

Comment

Yeah, just more of the same this episode.

Comment

Newest episode was interesting. SPOILERSo Cooper is starting to awaken, finally?

So is it safe to say that Agent Desmond was beamed away to the dirty bearded people dimension and probably head-exploded?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X