Favorite Game of Thrones Character?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Game of Thrones Character?

Who are your favorite GoT characters? Not who think will win the "Game", just who you enjoy watching.

Mine are

Tyrion
    Arya
    Littlefinger
    Lord Varys
    Bronn
    The Hound
    It's getting funky up in herre!

Midnight Rambler formerly known as...

Jaime Lannister is my favorite, but then I've always had a thing for the misunderstood hero who puts love and family above all else.

Sure, it's pretty messed up who the love of his life is, and the way she acts puts him in uneasy and even outright despicable situations at times, yet he's still fundamentally the great hero, and most people just don't see it because of all the baggage from the reputation he gains from the seemingly bad things he does, but none of that really matters to him. He doesn't care if you call him Kingslayer and disrespect him for being an oath breaker because he saved hundreds of thousands of lives with that act, so he couldn't give a damn what you think of it... and that just really resonates with me.

Cersei's a c[ensored], though, and he needs to end up with Brienne.
    Ship it, dammit, SHIP IT! **cough** Uhh... yeah, other favorites?

In no particular order:

Brienne
    Tyrion
    Bronn
    Sam
    Arya
    Jon
    Ygritte
    Oberyn
    Davos

And I'm gonna cut it off there, because 10 seems a good number.
    I could easily keep going, though, as I like so much of the cast.

Comment

Tyrion
      Bronn
      Arya
      Eddard
      Davos
      Varys

Jon is a new recruit. He actually grew on me quiet a bunch after the big jaw drop at session 5 finale. Before that I didn't really care about him one way or another but he is risen way up there for me.

Bronn and Arya both need much better content this year. They were both in their prime early on but the storylines given to them the last couple years have not been as intriguing, for me anyway.

Comment

Both Jon and Jaime have grown on me. Used to hate Jon and his depressing moods but now I like him. Jaime has had the best story arc of all the characters. Since his time with Brienne I've learned to like and feel sorry for him.

Comment

Tyrion - The actor is from the same small town as me, but is so much younger that I don't even know anyone who knew him. I enjoy his character's humor and thinking.

Jaime - I agree his character has an interesting arc. I've heard speculation about Tyrion will have to decide between Dany & Jaime. I think it will be an easy choice, Dany is getting like her grandfather.

Ygritte - Tough and beautiful.

The Hound - Much more likeable than in the books.

Comment

I think I enjoy watching Littlefinger the most. There is a certain delight to everything he's doing and everything he's up to, even if I have no idea what his plan is.
            Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
              I think I enjoy watching Littlefinger the most. There is a certain delight to everything he's doing and everything he's up to, even if I have no idea what his plan is.
              True that. Varys or as I call him Lord Cueball is up to something too. What it is I have no clue.

Comment

The Hound.

And Daenerys Targaryen. She's just about perfect.
                Last edited by Draknoir2; 06-09-2017, 04:12 PM.

Comment

I'm waiting for her to go total batshit crazy. It's been a slow process but she's just about there.

Comment

Yup. Tyrion has pointed it out to her. And madness runs through her inbred family like water down a steep hill.

Comment

Good way to put it.

Comment

I think she'll see the insanity of Cersei and it will pull her back from the brink.

Conversely, I actually think that Cersei will go full Mad Queen and demand that the city be destroyed as the armies invade Kings Landing, and in the saddest, most emotional scene of the story, Jaime will save the city once again, but this time by figuratively tearing out his own heart as he kills his sister. Then, when Tyrion and Dany enter the throne room, she will find her father's killer weeping over his lost love, and Tyrion will fall to tears begging for her to spare him...

... and I will cry, as well, because this show makes me cry far too often.

Comment

I think Cersei is pretty much already there. I saw a YouTube clip with the actress saying she's a bit concerned when fans tell her they enjoy her character. She said something about dreading a fan saying they admired Cersei and wanting to be like her.

I don't get HBO so I mainly watch clips. There was one of Lady Mormont where a person posted that the white walkers had built the wall to protect themselves from her.

It will be interesting if the walkers turn out to be the good guys. Apparently they are connected to the children of the forest and were created to defend Westros from the invaders (the forefathers of the main characters).

Comment

My favorites often come in pairs:

Tyrion and Bronn
                            Jaime and Bronn
                            The Hound and Arya
                            Jaime and Brienne
                            Anybody and Bronn
                            I also loved Tywin, jerk that he was, especially when he put Joffrey in his place, and also his scenes with Arya
                            Roose Bolton (not so much his character, I just liked watching him)

The only reason I started watching the show to begin with was because Sean Bean was in it, being a card-carrying member of the Don't Kill Sean Bean Club--another waste in the case of Game of Thrones.

WHAT IF THERE WERE NO HYPOTHETICAL QUESTIONS?

THE CHICKEN CROSSING THE ROAD WAS POULTRY IN MOTION

Comment

Tyrion Lanister & the dragons

Comment

Tyrion would hardly make an appetizer.

Comment

Huh??

Comment

• Saber Dog
                                    Saber Dog commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Lady CJ said she like Tyrion and dragons. Tyrion is not much for a dragon to eat anymore. Of course that may mean they aren't as interested in him a say Smaug was in Bilbo.

In no particular order;

Grey Wind
                                  Lady
                                  Nymeria
                                  Summer
                                  Shaggydog
                                  Ghost
                                  Ned
                                  Davos
                                  Jaime
                                  Arya
                                  The Hound
                                  Jon
                                  Tywin

Comment

Lady Olenna in her younger days: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUy_4M8_ZJI

Comment

Working...
                                    X