Any Babylon 5 fans here?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Babylon 5 fans here?

Watching the series again, it is my go to for comfort and escape when life goes sideways. Anyone else here love this series?
    Ye know why they`re on the internet don`t ye? `Cause ye wouldnae speak to them in the fecking pub! ~ Billy Connolley

You heard that Stephan Furst died?
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/18/m...ouse-dead.html
    “A sinner can always repent, but stupid is forever.”
    Billy Sunday

Comment

• ~mj~
      ~mj~ commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, so sad. So many of the cast are gone now...

I used to love that show. Do you recall the episode done from the POV of two janitors? That was particularly clever.

Comment

• ~mj~
      ~mj~ commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, that was a good one. I always wondered what that machine did too!

I have been lucky enough to meet several of the cast members. I was an extra in one of Stephan Furst's earlier films back in college. It was called Take Down. He played a high school wrestler on a team with Lorenzo Lamas and Shane Douglas. When I met him years later at a con in Boise he came up and asked me if we had met before. I was amazed that he had such a good memory for remembering an extra on a film set decades before. He laughed and asked me why I still looked the same twenty years later...no wrinkles or gray hair. I joked I was really immortal. His answer was...we have two immortal ladies in the B5 cast.

Comment

That is so cool!! I must look and see if I can find that movie somewhere.
      Ye know why they`re on the internet don`t ye? `Cause ye wouldnae speak to them in the fecking pub! ~ Billy Connolley

Comment

Fantastic series, and still one of my all-time favorite SF shows to this very day. Rewatched it last year, and it still holds up amazingly well...though it's barely exaggerating to say that half the cast have now died since I last went through it.

R.I.P. -- Vir was a great character, one of the hearts of the show, really, and Furst truly embodied the role.
        Last edited by Leto II; 06-27-2017, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Yeah, it is hard to believe how many of the cast have died. I have loved this show from the beginning. G`Kar and Vir were my two favorite characters...

Comment

Loved that show. Sadly I haven't seen it in years.
            It's getting funky up in herre!

Midnight Rambler formerly known as...

Comment

I'm a B5er do or die. I was heartbroken when I heard about Jerry Doyle.

How apropos that this is my fifth post on the board. Coincidence, I swear.
              Last edited by TheWolfEmperor; 10-06-2018, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Last year, I re-watched all of B5, Crusade, Lost Tales, the complete set of movies, and Legend of the Rangers. Its all awesome! More recently, I have been trying to find B5 graphic novels. I got one through interlibrary loan. It was printed while the TV show was still in production and told more of the back story of how Sinclair got involved with the Minbari. I requested another, but so far, it hasn't been found. I wish DC would reprint them!

Comment

• ~mj~
                  ~mj~ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They sound interesting. Where did you find one?

I've yet to see most of it. Really want to!

Comment

Love B5. Whenever life goes sideways I have the urge to watch B5. Escapism with a hefty dose of feel good...

Comment

Hi ~mj~. I assume your question was about B5 graphic novels. I think there were four that DC comics published. I found out about them through an internet search. I was able to read one of them after I requested it from my public library. They got it via a loan from a library in Texas (no cost to me!). I live in Indiana, so I was rather surprised.

Comment

• ~mj~
                      ~mj~ commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks Cyrus...I am going to look around. Maybe ebay...

You can also keep up on some of the actors. I have followed Claudia, Tracy and Jason on Facebook.

Comment

Working...
                    X