X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyrus The Great
    replied
    I watched the Disney movie "Jungle Cruise". I was surprised to find it quite entertaining, especially the Captain's pet cat.

Leave a comment:

• n107
    replied
    The last movie I watched was "Nope".

My friend asked me if I'd recommend it.

My answer?

SPOILERMaybe.

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    I have enjoyed watching, again, Clay Borris' Alligator Shoes! That is something else, and with his family in it, too!

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    I watched the 1974 movie "Where Have All The People Gone". I had some eye-rolling issues with some of it, but it was interesting, good cast!

I also enjoyed "Nope", which was really quite a good movie. Horse people!
    Last edited by dubiousbystander; 09-04-2022, 09:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ceridwen
    replied
    Just watched something called "No Clue" and it turned out to be quite fun, although we watched the whole thing with these bemused smiles. It was so understated that we kept waiting for ...bigger, but that never happened, it stayed under the radar almost the whole way through. Worth some of your time.

Leave a comment:

• Cyrus The Great
    replied
    I watched the live action version of "101 Dalmations" with Glenn Close as Cruella. I have seen the original animated version a few times (long ago), but never this version. I found this version to be mostly non-stop silliness and absurdity. I suppose my problems with the movie are mostly due to having left my childhood behind some decades ago. I should watch the animated version again and see if I have the same reaction. I kept thinking of the huge piles 101 large dogs would be leaving everywhere!

Leave a comment:

• Cyrus The Great
    replied
    I watched "The Girl on the Train". Unfortunately, I didn't like it very much. Some of the scenes were very disturbing and there were no scenes that I found humorous. The acting was good. I don't fault the players. Mostly, it just wasn't a good fit with my movie tastes.

Leave a comment:

• Cyrus The Great
    replied
    I watched the old Disney musical "Bedknobs and Broomsticks". I saw it as a child, but had forgotten most of it. It was fun to see again. The cat, who was the apprentice witch's pet, was the mangiest feline I have ever seen! No wonder he was so grumpy.

Leave a comment:

• n107
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyrus The Great View Post
    I watched a Japanese animation (dubbed into English) called "Your Name". It was a fascinating mind trip! There was a great deal of time traveling, body swapping, and even romance. I had to watch it three times to get most of it straight in my mind!
    Yeah, it's a surprisingly good film. I really liked it and the ideas it had.

Leave a comment:

• Cyrus The Great
    replied
    I watched the new movie version of "Dune". The best visual rendition of the "Dune" novel that I have seen was a mini-series done by the Sci-Fi channel about 20 years ago. This new movie is not as good as the Sci-Fi version. One thing that I just can't accept is changing Liet Kynes from a man into a woman. There was no reason to do that except to try and make the movie less masculine dominated. Also, Liet's role in this movie is quite small. The Sci-Fi channel Liet had a much larger role. In the book, Liet is the father of Chani, who is a major character in the story. He is very well depicted in the Sci-Fi miniseries. In this movie, the prelude to the fall of House Atreides is very short. The book and the Sci-Fi miniseries both provide much more information which helps to explain the story much better. For example, there is a formal banquet with many different characters that occupies a long chapter in the book and an extended scene in the Sci-Fi miniseries. Overall, I am not very enthused by the new movie.

Leave a comment:

• Cyrus The Great
    replied
    I watched a Japanese animation (dubbed into English) called "Your Name". It was a fascinating mind trip! There was a great deal of time traveling, body swapping, and even romance. I had to watch it three times to get most of it straight in my mind!

Leave a comment:

• Ceridwen
    replied
    Watched Matrix Resurrections. Not sure why they even bothered. About an hour in we were still waiting for the story to kick in, honestly it was largely a yawn fest, nothing particularly interesting about it.

Leave a comment:

• Cyrus The Great
    replied
    I saw the movie "Moontrap". It was made in 1988 and stars Walter Koenig and Bruce Campbell. It is apparently a cult classic, but I had never heard of it. I guess I'm not that plugged in to some things. Anyway, it was a somewhat entertaining movie. It had a very low budget, so only practical effects, no CGI. However, the sets and props were really quite good in my opinion. What I enjoyed even more than the movie were the extended interviews with Walter and Bruce that were extras of the 25th anniversary edition that I watched. I learned some things about their careers and the making of the movie that were very interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Cyrus The Great
    replied
    "Jumanji: The Next Level". The movie was confusing, at times, with all the body swapping going on. I wasn't sure who was who. Overall, it was entertaining, but I thought the first of the remake movies was better.

Leave a comment:

• Cyrus The Great
    replied
    I watched the documentary "M.C.Escher: Journey to Infinity". It was a biography told in Escher's own words from letters and interviews. The distinguished British actor Stephen Fry put voice to Escher's words. It was a fascinating story filmed at locations where Escher lived and showing much of his work. There were also interviews with Escher's children and other people who knew him. I found it interesting that Escher considered himself more of a mathematician than an artist.

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    Free Guy! That was a lot of fun.

Leave a comment:

• Cyrus The Great
    replied
    I watched "The Cat in the Hat" with Mike Myers playing the cat. It had some funny moments, a lot of crazy zany ones, and a few really stupid ones, but overall, I found it entertaining. I enjoyed most watching Dakota Fanning, who was about 9 years old at the time, smiling and laughing quite a lot. From what I have seen, Dakota's later film roles were mostly dramatic and not very humorous.

Leave a comment:

• Cyrus The Great
    replied
    I watched the movie "ParaNorman". It is a fun story about a boy who can see and talk to ghosts. It is also an amazing achievement in stop-motion animation! The extra features about the making of the movie were very interesting. To create different facial expressions on the puppets, hundreds of interchangeable faces were 3-D printed for each puppet.

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    I watched Hamilton, which startles me by its amazing storytelling!
    Ryan Reynold's Pokemon movie, that was pretty fun. Had watched... what is it? What is it? Red Notice, and R.I.P.D. For some reason I was on a Ryan Reynold's binge. I have no regrets!

Leave a comment:

• Elskidor
    replied
    Les Misérables

Pretty entertaining 3 hour musical. I went in a little iffy but was left pleasantly surprised.

Seed of Chucky

As corny as the rest of the franchise. Not all that great but had a few funny moments.

Oh, I also tried to introduce my daughter (13 years old) to Highlander. She didn't seem interested after Ramirez died so we turned it off. She does like the series though and we're wrapping up season 2.

Leave a comment:

• Cyrus The Great
    replied
    I watched the Disney-Pixar movie "Coco". I really enjoyed it! Young Miguel goes on a Day of the Dead adventure and learns about his ancestors and about himself, as well. His dog Dante is lots of fun too.

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    commented on 's reply
    And no cigarettes!

• Cyrus The Great
    commented on 's reply
    Yes - No Harry Potter!

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyrus The Great View Post
    I watched "Yesterday". I really enjoyed the character played by Himish Patel who is somehow transferred to an alternate reality in which he is the only person who remembers The Beatles. He is a singer and guitarist who has struggled for years to make it as a performer of his own songs. Now, he can introduce Beatles songs to the world. There is a lot of good humor in the movie and Himish really can play guitar and sing the Beatles songs!
    Among the humor being the moments when we find out that it isn't only The Beatles different in this world!

Leave a comment:

• Cyrus The Great
    replied
    I watched "Yesterday". I really enjoyed the character played by Himish Patel who is somehow transferred to an alternate reality in which he is the only person who remembers The Beatles. He is a singer and guitarist who has struggled for years to make it as a performer of his own songs. Now, he can introduce Beatles songs to the world. There is a lot of good humor in the movie and Himish really can play guitar and sing the Beatles songs!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X