This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tangled

Damn, I was surprised at how good this was. Delightful may be the word to use here.

Comment

• In memory of the late great Kirk Douglas. After 103 years, may he rest in peace.

Click image for larger version

Name:	987462.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	11262

Comment

• I watched the movie "Temple Grandin" starring Claire Danes. It is the true story of a woman who was born with a severe case of autism at a time (1950's) when such children were generally locked away in institutions with mentally retarded people. However, Temple's mother refused to give up on her and taught her to speak and read. She was eventually able to attend schools with normal children, but with various difficulties, up through college and graduate school, eventually earning a Ph.D., in association with her research into the handling of cattle in the beef industry, which has been greatly changed by incorporating her methods and practices. An amazing and uplifting story!

Comment

• This is the movie I watched most recently. A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood. Well DONE. Excellent performance, and they didn't play fast and loose with Mr. Rogers' personality. Thank goodness.

Oh my, and here they did well, too.

Last edited by dubiousbystander; 02-23-2020, 02:21 AM.

Comment

• Cyrus The Great
            Cyrus The Great commented
            Editing a comment
            I was a big fan of Mr. Rogers growing up. I'm glad the movie was well done. I will try to see it soon.

• Originally posted by Ceridwen View Post
          French Kiss with Kevin Kline playing a Frenchman and Meg Ryan at the peak of her rom-com perk. What we call an idiot plot, if the protagonist wasn't an idiot, there would be no plot. It was by turns amusing and trite.
          Love that movie...it is literally a no-brainer
          Ye know why they`re on the internet don`t ye? `Cause ye wouldnae speak to them in the fecking pub! ~ Billy Connolley

Comment

• The new Jumanji thingy with the rock in it...
            Ye know why they`re on the internet don`t ye? `Cause ye wouldnae speak to them in the fecking pub! ~ Billy Connolley

Comment

• Office Uprising. *Snort* You wouldn't believe this one even if I told you about it. Utterly brainless and surprisingly fun with a unexpectedly good cast. You can find the whole thing here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zXsX4jiRLI

Comment

• dubiousbystander
                dubiousbystander commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh, now i really want to see that! Thank you for the page!

• dubiousbystander
                Editing a comment
                That was great!

• Ceridwen
                Ceridwen commented
                Editing a comment
                I know! Surprisingly fun wasn't it?

• Killer Elite. Jason Statham and Clive Owen. That's all I needed to know in order to watch. Usual violence and twisty plot.
              WHAT IF THERE WERE NO HYPOTHETICAL QUESTIONS?

THE CHICKEN CROSSING THE ROAD WAS POULTRY IN MOTION

Comment

• Decided to watch Bad Boys For Life! Very exciting. Sometimes very sad, lots of deaths. I'm more than halfway through now. Oooh.

Comment

• Bag of Marbles
                  French Language, subtitled.
                  Well done, moving, based on a true story. Parisian Jewish family during WW2.

Comment

• Ran across War of the Worlds: Goliath on Netflix Japan today! That's always good to watch.

Comment

• Ceridwen
                      Ceridwen commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I love that, made my library buy it

• dubiousbystander
                      Editing a comment
                      It is grand!

• Shades of Ray

Premiered at the Austin Film Festival, 2008. Won the Audience Award for Best Narrative Feature Film at the South Asian International Film Festival in NYC.

American-born Ray Rehman has a Caucasian mom and Pakistani dad, he is a self described 'mutt' searching for his own identity while trying to save his parents' marriage, await his Caucasian girlfriend's response to his marriage proposal, and sort out surprising feelings when he meets the rarest creature - another 'mutt' like him. Zachary Levi and Brian George were engaging and believable in this. The film stands out as being a soft pitch look at the stupidity of perception and prejudice both inside and outside Ray's circumstance, and his continuing journey to find his place between two cultures and determine who he really is and what he really wants. It is fresh and handled with a light touch, however, though obviously drawn from the writer's own experience, the sections where Ray is facing preconceptions and idiocy during casting calls are the weakest scenes by far, and the ending seemed a bit rushed. But that aside, it's worth watching.

Comment

Working...
                    X