X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    Oh dear. Sorry to hear that, Draknoir2! In the theater, I saw Pirates of the Caribbean, Dead Men Tell no Tales. At the very end, it looks like there'll be consequences for Davy Jones going AWOL.

Leave a comment:

• Draknoir2
    replied
    Got kicked out of the house so the wife could have a pool party with her girlfriends. Picked the longest movie I could find to burn up the time - Valerian. Didn't so much burn time as slow it to a near halt. It was like a tween movie on Nickelodeon. The acting was awful and the only thing intimidating about the kids chosen to save the universe was the girl's eyebrows (seriously WTF is up with that?).

I enjoyed The Fifth Element but this thing was a $200M train wreck.

Leave a comment:

• Draknoir2
    replied
    Journey to the Center of the Earth with James Mason and Pat Boone... and Dolph Lundgren for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• ~mj~
    replied
    The Forbidden Planet..

Leave a comment:

• Lady_CJ
    replied
    The Boy in the Striped Pajamas (major tear jerker)

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    I just watched 10 Cloverfield Lane. Well, I watched some of it. It's thankfully possible to skip huge chunks without losing anything. Sort of sad, that.

Leave a comment:

• ~mj~
    replied
    A couple of the Babylon 5 movies...watching the series again in honour of Stephan Furst, may he RIP...

Leave a comment:

• Draknoir2
    commented on 's reply
    Too late.

It was no John Wick 1.

• Lady_CJ
    replied
    John Wick 2. Don't bother. I thought it sucked.

Leave a comment:

• LamBear*
    replied
    The Accountant with Ben Affleck. Very interesting and kind of twisty. Gonna watch it again.

Leave a comment:

• LamBear*
    replied
    Mechanic: Resurrection

Anything Jason Statham is fine with me, although his Arthur Bishop and Frank Martin are pretty much interchangeable. Don't care.

Leave a comment:

• ~mj~
    replied
    Armageddon...the spelling of that looks wrong but Google never lies.

Leave a comment:

• Draknoir2
    replied
    Naked Lunch.

Yeah, I know... only just got around to it. Classic Cronenberg mindf**k. I was buzzed when I watched it too.

Leave a comment:

• Draknoir2
    commented on 's reply
    I need to see it now.

• ~mj~
    replied
    Sherlock Holmes...annoying, but pretty good...

Leave a comment:

• ~mj~
    replied
    Evil Brain from Outer Space...don`t ask. Then The DaVinci Code...

Leave a comment:

• RainbowRaven
    commented on 's reply
    I thought Dawn of Justice was a better introduction to the Justice League than The Avengers were to The Avengers. I remember comparing the two on Twitter bit by bit but I'd have to re-watch both to remember all of my reasoning. I have a faint recollection of thinking BvS was more mature than The Avengers and also agonizing over how for the duration of my life I did not connect that both Superman's and Batman's mothers had the same name.

• SouthernChickie
    commented on 's reply
    I'm on the other side of the coin. I cannot understand why people like BvS. I work at ThinkGeek and know that you are not alone in having enjoyed the film, I talk to people fairly frequently who liked it. I just don't get it. I have been told that I if I watch the director's cut it's a much better film. The only thing I genuinely liked about BvS is that it gives me a shred of hope that Nightwing might make an appearance in the future films.

• SouthernChickie
    replied
    Wonder Woman. I loved the film. The third act was a little off-paced but all in all a solid piece of work. Miles ahead of any of the other DCEU. There may be hope for DC live action, yet!

Leave a comment:

• ~mj~
    replied
    Just watched Elizabeth aand Elizabeth The Golden Age....can`t reccomend them highly enough if you like Historical drama. Now watching Gosford Park...one of my all time favorites. I love Maggie Smith...

Leave a comment:

• LamBear*
    replied
    Caught Man From U.N.C.L.E. on HBO. Watched the TV series as an infant and was in love with that show, so I was prepared to hate the movie. But no, I loved the movie and want a sequel NOW! Should have known once I saw it was a Guy Ritchie film that it would be fun.

Got Jason Bourne, Sully and Deepwater Horizon (even though I've seen it) dvr'd for when I have a moment. (Thought Deepwater Horizon would be a usual liberal Hollywood hatchet job on the energy industry, but was pleased that it was not).

Leave a comment:

• Tootsie Bee
    replied
    Wonder Woman. Great take on the New 52 version of the character. This movie has been a long time coming, and I'm glad to have it at last.

Leave a comment:

• Elskidor
    replied
    Originally posted by Lady_CJ View Post
    Just finished watching Logan. Best Wolverine movie yet.
    Wouldn't be hard to top the other two, IMO, but the film is all around great. I am really sick of a lot of modern-day comicbook movies and TV shows due to their predictability and copy/paste feel, but Logan was absolutely superb. Deadpool, Logan and Legion have all been fantastic to me.

Leave a comment:

• Nicholas Ward
    replied
    Cell

Lovely film. Has an Ahriman reference, it's that good.

Leave a comment:

• Takk
    replied
    So I saw WONDER WOMAN; absolutely fantastic film.

It is very character driven, much like Man of Steel was, and like Man of Steel it is very front heavy with exposition and drama, but unlike Man of Steel, it holds its main villain closer to its chest until the final act, where it goes full superhero action like the films before it. Also unlike Man of Steel, BvS, or even Suicide Squad, there were numerous genuinely light moments brought to us by Diana's ignorance of the world, which were all played wonderfully and got several honest laughs from the audience, which given the over-serious tone of BvS, in particular, will probably be a welcome addition to the proceedings for most fans.

All in all, I think it's a very solid addition to the DCEU, feeling right in line with what has come before, but also shining a light on what may be to come. Furthermore, I think it was really great to see a story focusing on the Old Gods of Greek mythology have its moment in the sun before the New Gods begin their rise in Justice League.

This is definitely one everyone should see in theaters.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X