Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friend Request..an odd but interesting film billed as an English-language German supernatural-psychological horror film. Social media movie with cyber witchcraft lol
    Gonna change my evil ways...one of these days

Comment

Watched Blade Runner 2049. That with a nice cup of cocoa could send a person right off to sleep.

Comment

Naturally, the most recent movie I watched is The Black Panther. I swear, it's a perfect movie. How did they DO that? Loved it.

Comment

I watched Serenity on my birthday with the family. My wife's best friend lives with us and joked that there was an echo in the room as the wife, my daughter and myself were all quoting lines as they played out on the screen.

Comment

I watched Blade Runner 2049 last night. I thought it was very good. The last scene was a big surprise. I was thinking it would be McKenzie Davis, not the bubble girl. The movie seems to end somewhere in the middle of a bigger story. I hope there will be another movie to continue the tale.

Comment

Flightplan. Not at all bad, but mostly that comes down to performances. Classified as a thriller, there's lots that was telegraphed, but in the end it was thoroughly watchable.

Comment

Suffice to say, the most recent movies I watched were Infinity War (which I really enjoyed but still felt Black Panther was better and if you want, I can tell you how furious I was about Gamora being relegated to victim role in this one, not to mention fridged), and Brother Bear via digital download. That was a sweet one, but technically no roles for female characters. I mean, there was the magical old lady. Is that a trope? It was a sweet movie.

Comment

I also went to see INFINITY WAR, and while it had lots of fun action and style, its incredibly thin plot couldn't be helped. The only real significance outside of the final five minutes, was the whole Thanos Gamora subplot, but I felt that it did much too little to justify the outcome. I mean, they only gave it maybe 20 minutes of screen time in a 2 and a half hour film, and expected it to have emotional weight? That really felt like a miscalculation to me, especially as the rest of the movie was mostly just a bunch of wheels turning without much actually happening. That said, I do give props to Disney for allowing them to end the film where they did.

Comment

I watched Young Guns yesterday..the guys looked so young back in 1988

Comment

I'm not certain if it counts, but I just watched Yankee Doodle Cricket with a couple of four year olds. It was quite charming and fun.

Comment

I watched Deadpool recently. I thought it was really funny! Some scenes were quite gross, but there was almost always some humor to lighten the impact. Definitely the most adult oriented comic based story I have ever seen. I hope they do a sequel!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrus The Great View Post
                          I watched Deadpool recently. I thought it was really funny! Some scenes were quite gross, but there was almost always some humor to lighten the impact. Definitely the most adult oriented comic based story I have ever seen. I hope they do a sequel!
                          Deadpool 2 comes out on May 18

Comment

Watching Ring: Rebirth. I'd forgotten this movie existed. Oh! Right, it's titled "Rings" in the U.S. John Galecki's in it. I was rather exasperated by the dramatic start of the movie. How the father ends up with the evil tape, though, and the connection with the start is clear.

Comment

Re watched Deadpool
                            Ye know why they`re on the internet don`t ye? `Cause ye wouldnae speak to them in the fecking pub! ~ Billy Connolley

Comment

Originally posted by Draknoir2 View Post
                              Dunkirk.

If you like watching 400,000 British and French troops getting pummeled on the beach while they await rescue by a flotilla of fishing boats and dinghies then this is the film for you.

Only high point is when Tom Hardy singlehandedly achieves air superiority in a Spitfire with no fuel after which he manages a perfect beach landing with no gear hydraulics.

Cuz Tom Hardy.
                              Strange movie. I kept thinking I had missed the beginning somehow. I found it very disjointed. It's no Saving Private Ryan.

Just watched The Hunted (1995) with Christopher Lambert. Loved seeing the guy look like Connor again.

WHAT IF THERE WERE NO HYPOTHETICAL QUESTIONS?

THE CHICKEN CROSSING THE ROAD WAS POULTRY IN MOTION

Comment

• Draknoir2
                                Draknoir2 commented
                                Editing a comment
                                The Hunted was a great flick and while I also enjoyed seeing Lambert again, his character was superfluous and an obvious gimmick to attract an American audience.

I watched "The Hustler". It had been many years since I last saw it. Its still a great movie! This special edition came with two DVD's. Lots of interesting extras about the making of the movie, interviews with some of the actors, and how to make trick shots. I learned that there never was a real Minnesota Fats. However, there was a guy that legally changed his name to Minnesota Fats some years after the movie came out. He was a good pool player who traveled around playing exhibition games. I remember watching him and Willie Moscone play a game on TV a long time ago. Moscone beat him bad, but "Fats" got in some good verbal gibes.

Comment

Watched "Olympus has Fallen" and "London has Fallen". I just like Gerard Butler. How much trauma can one President (Aaron Eckhart) take?
                                WHAT IF THERE WERE NO HYPOTHETICAL QUESTIONS?

THE CHICKEN CROSSING THE ROAD WAS POULTRY IN MOTION

Comment

I watched War of the Worlds: Goliath! Oh it was largely quite fun, with some lovely videos. I've also recently read the novelization, so that added to the interesting bits in it. Scenes that were cut from the movie were still in the book. Or were they added?

Comment

I don't know if latest and last mean the same thing in this context. But the latest movie I saw was Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. The last movie I saw was Battle from Beyond The Stars. I did not regret the last one.

Comment

I'm struggling through Brigsby Bear. It's a bit interesting, while being sometimes annoying.

Comment

I watched "Don't Talk To Irene". It was funny and uplifting.

Comment

Dr. Strange made it to regular local TV, so I finally watched it. As a reader of '90s comic books, and having seen what Marvel has done with those properties recently, I had zero hopes for the movie being good.

I was very pleasantly surprised. The knocks I had read about it did not pan out in my eyes- having the Ancient One being a woman didn't disrespect the role at all. &, in hindsight, of course comic book style spellcasting translated fine to the screen.

Comment

Actually, it was the 2018 Christopher Robin. Charming, funny, and a pleasure.

Comment

"Witness" One of my librarian friends was talking about the movie. She said Viggo Mortensen was in it. I had seen the movie several times, years before, but I had no memory of him being in the movie. So, I watched it again. Sure enough, there was a very young Viggo playing an Amishman. He was in several scenes and spoke one line in English and a word in German. I watched the twenty years later interviews with the cast and crew. The movie was Viggo's first. He said he had a choice of doing a Shakespeare play or "Witness". He loved acting in the movie and his career was set.

Comment

I have seen Bird Box. It was good, to me. I have seen The Ballad of Buster Scruggs, which was a lot of bizarre fun. I saw Annihilation, which was good despite the fact that I read the story long before I saw the movie. So that's a plus! I saw the movie Io. It was okay, though with scenes you can skip through without losing the story.

Comment

Working...
                                              X