Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paris When it Sizzles starring Audrey Hepburn. It was....different...
    Ye know why they`re on the internet don`t ye? `Cause ye wouldnae speak to them in the fecking pub! ~ Billy Connolley

Comment

• Rambo: Last Blood. Yeah, that was good. Structured similarly to part 4.
      Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

• The Dead Don't Die

Don't waste your time. Stick with Zombieland.
        (although Tilda does an apparent Elric imitation)

Comment

• Gentlemen Prefer Blondes
          Ye know why they`re on the internet don`t ye? `Cause ye wouldnae speak to them in the fecking pub! ~ Billy Connolley

Comment

• I saw "Then Came You". It is a very touching story about a young woman with cancer and a shy young man who she befriends. Maisie Williams and Asa Butterfield both give excellent performances. Nina Dobrev is also quite good in a supporting role.

Comment

• Avengers:Endgame

Hate to give such a massive epic such a short review but: meh, predictable but it had it's moments.

Comment

• Frozen

Comment

• Victor/Victoria

Love this film, what a great cast.

Comment

• Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, now. It's a lot better than I expected!

Comment

• I saw "Rebel Without a Cause" for the first time. I actually found it somewhat boring and a bit ridiculous. I have heard about it for years and thought it would be a great movie, but it just didn't live up to expectations. The story was about young people doing really stupid things for no particular reason. Now granted, when I was young I did some really stupid things for no particular reason, but neither I nor anyone I knew in High School did anything anywhere near as stupid as I saw in this movie. Maybe its just the times I grew up in (decades later than the movie). I suppose that in the 50's, when this movie came out, it was probably very provocative and made a lot of people think hard about their own lives and times.
                      Last edited by Cyrus The Great; 11-06-2019, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• Could be, Cyrus. Could be.

Comment

• Cyrus The Great
                          Cyrus The Great commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Hello DBS (hope you don't mind the initials). Have you seen the "Rebel" movie? If so, I'm interested to know what you thought about it.

• The Avengers...3/4 of it, anyway

Comment

• French Kiss with Kevin Kline playing a Frenchman and Meg Ryan at the peak of her rom-com perk. What we call an idiot plot, if the protagonist wasn't an idiot, there would be no plot. It was by turns amusing and trite.

Comment

• I watched the 2002 movie Ghost Ship. It wasn't too bad!

Comment

• One of the premium channels was showing Highlander: The Final Dimension. Whoo hoo!, so I grabbed some popcorn and settled in for some nostalgia, but sadly, it seemed a little dumb after all this time. Can't believe I'm saying that.
                              WHAT IF THERE WERE NO HYPOTHETICAL QUESTIONS?

THE CHICKEN CROSSING THE ROAD WAS POULTRY IN MOTION

Comment

• Tag

Really fun, a couple of laugh out loud moments. Decent cast.

Comment

• I saw " Ad Astra". Seeing a preview several times made me think the movie might be very interesting, but my experience with the movie was quite different. The special effects were very good, however, the writing left a lot to be desired. The story set up expectations that were just not fulfilled. By the end of the movie, I was left wondering what the movie was all about. If I had paid to see it in a theater, I would have felt ripped off.

Comment

• In theater, I saw Star Wars IX!

At home, I saw Galaxy Quest yesterday!

Also Creepshow, the 1982.

Comment

• The Green Book.

Very well done. Mortensen in particular was almost unrecognizable as he folded himself into the role.

Comment

• Accompanied Hubby to Ford vs Ferrari a couple of weeks ago. I figured anything with Matt Damon was worth sitting through. Other than far too many shots of a guy shifting gears in a race car, it didn't disappoint.
                                        WHAT IF THERE WERE NO HYPOTHETICAL QUESTIONS?

THE CHICKEN CROSSING THE ROAD WAS POULTRY IN MOTION

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	1393564-b.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	10928

Comment

• I am watching Terminator: Dark Fate.
                                          Sigh. Sigh. Okay, let's see... the immediate death of a certain character. They are really failing to sell me on anyone surviving attacks by the enemy. Way too overpowered.

Comment

• Originally posted by dubiousbystander View Post
                                            I am watching Terminator: Dark Fate.
                                            Sigh. Sigh. Okay, let's see... the immediate death of a certain character. They are really failing to sell me on anyone surviving attacks by the enemy. Way too overpowered.
                                            It's depressingly bad.
                                            Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

• Obviously made just for the fans, and it serves us well.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	51zKFd7K70L._AC_.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	11073

"There is no normal life, Wyatt, it's just life. Get on with it."

Comment

Working...
                                                X