No announcement yet.

"Star Trek: Discovery"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just finished watching Season 2. I thought it was well done for the most part. The Klingons looked more like TNG Klingons. The Red Angel storyline was an interesting mystery. I liked the actors who played Capt. Pike and the several ages of Spock. The development of Saru and his people was very interesting. The in-depth look at the early Section 31 was also interesting. A couple of things bugged me though. I didn't like the reimagined hand phasors with their little red energy be-bees. Also, I thought it was inappropriate for a shuttle craft to have its own transporter system. In a "tech manual" for TOS Enterprise, the transporter system was illustrated to be about three stories high above the transporter pads. So, it seemed to me that the sort of mini-transporters that exist later in TNG, DS9, etc., were not yet developed 100, or so, years previously. Overall, I will look forward to Season 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrus The Great View Post
      I just finished watching Season 2. I thought it was well done for the most part. The Klingons looked more like TNG Klingons. The Red Angel storyline was an interesting mystery. I liked the actors who played Capt. Pike and the several ages of Spock. The development of Saru and his people was very interesting. The in-depth look at the early Section 31 was also interesting. A couple of things bugged me though. I didn't like the reimagined hand phasors with their little red energy be-bees. Also, I thought it was inappropriate for a shuttle craft to have its own transporter system. In a "tech manual" for TOS Enterprise, the transporter system was illustrated to be about three stories high above the transporter pads. So, it seemed to me that the sort of mini-transporters that exist later in TNG, DS9, etc., were not yet developed 100, or so, years previously. Overall, I will look forward to Season 3.
      The technology doesn't make any sense for it to be 10 years before Kirk. And season 2 at the end, they forgot their whole plot... the signals already appeared in the first episode.

I also think they were grooming Control storyline to be a Borg origin thing, but they got deterred from it. Probably by people who know the Borg are thousands of years old.
      Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

Working...
      X